What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toulouse defeat Leigh in Challenge Cup

Technically they probably could. Any team that wants to play outside the league or, in this case, country it is part of generally needs permission from their governing body. In most cases this is a formality but the ffrxiii could prevent them playing in england if they wanted to i suspect.

geordie_saint

Juniors
It's funny that, cos you lot say the exact same thing when, say, the Crusaders go bankrupt and leave behind a bunch of unpaid players and administrators. Ask Ryan O'Hara what he and many others went through when a team was forced prematurely into the SL.

'Lack of leadership' you would call that.

The RFL, they're not perfect, but with some of you armchair critics here, they're simply damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Anyway, well done to Toulouse! I'm stoked for them!

I use the term lack of leadership as I believe it is justified. Wood has taken the game backwards in the UK and delivered policy changes to maintain his position rather than develop the sport in England. As Yakstorm points out, Toulouse are a completely different entity to the Crusaders. The way to bring in a new side to the competition was proven with Catalan and hasn't been attempted since...

Latest posts