What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Townsend for NSW?

Frenzy.

Immortal
Bloody Blake Green. The only time he played ordinary was with the Sharks LOL

He gets those Worriers around nicely.

Do we think Fittler will be looking at a rebuild or a quick fix?

txta2

Bench
Yes. His hair and boring personality in the media are on song. Just don't let him kick goals

txta2

Bench
Sterlo made a slight comment on Chad and Jim
Freddy on Chad
"Great"
The forces are moving
And that's all the mentions he gets on the whole issue. I have not seen or heard of anyone else even slightly suggesting Chad Townsend is in calculations. So after all the injuries to the other half players they would rather go with a 5/8 in Green
That's how good Chad is

And that's all the mentions he gets on the whole issue. I have not seen or heard of anyone else even slightly suggesting Chad Townsend is in calculations. So after all the injuries to the other half players they would rather go with a 5/8 in Green
That's how good Chad is
Do you talk to Fittler, Buderus, Alexander and Sironen much?

Townsend’s form this year has been 50:50.

One shyte game one good game.

I have never seen Townsend rise to the occasion of a big game.

He gets stage fright.

Even in the GF he was a passenger.

He would be a disaster in Origin.

sandshark

Bench
Defensively I think he could do it but I don't think he would offer much in attack.
It has to be Green and Maloney.. They're the form halves.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Townsend’s form this year has been 50:50.

One shyte game one good game.

I have never seen Townsend rise to the occasion of a big game.

He gets stage fright.

Even in the GF he was a passenger.

He would be a disaster in Origin.

Hahaha DS, you have to be taking the mickey.

PJ

First Grade
I'm not a big fan of Chad, but the last couple of weeks he has been very good.

Weaponhead

Coach
This season, Townsend has been defensively very good. Kicking generally good. Organisation quite good. Creating opportunities in attack was very good last night, but average for the rest of the season.

No chance he plays origin unless Freddy likes Flannoball. He isnt a media darling so has no push.

wibble

Bench
Well this week he got in two try assists and two line break assists, so if he kept that up he'd be a shoe in (and an all time great...no one keeps that up every week).

But in general this year he has been pretty good. Not what I think of as Origin quality, but he outplayed Munster (and Smith, Crofts and Slater) when we played the Storm.

Who are the possible options? (for 5/8 or halfback, since it appears they could use Maloney as either)

Cleary, pending injury. Keary, Bird, Austin, Brooks, Green, Reynolds (Adam)?

Keary had a few sensational games but has faded, and defense could be an issue.

Bird is in poor form but might make the squad anyway on utility value, not sure he'd be a first choice half.

Austin is in better form than earlier this year but is the worst defender of the lot.

Brooks is in a winning team but is not creating any more than Townsend and not as good a kicker.

Green is playing well and is a safe option for the current year, not much future.

Cleary probably won't be fit and has very little experience (much less than Brooks, for example).

Reynolds has a good long kicking game but has injuries and lacks creativity this year also.

I don't see any of them standing out from the others, Townsend is as good an option as any. I think Fittler would have been wise to say to all these guys they're in the mix, but he is looking for someone to stand up now. Maybe Townsend started to do that this week.

Or an "out of position" option like Graham, Cartwright, Walker or Hayne? Seems unlikely.

Quigs

Immortal
I hope none of our blokes are picked or even considered o be picked in the Channel Nein Teams of the State of Origin.

Fif should tell them to fharhk off.

Eion

First Grade
I hope none of our blokes are picked or even considered o be picked in the Channel Nein Teams of the State of Origin.

Fif should tell them to fharhk off.
Haha, he’s already told them to f**k off quigs