What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toyota cup will be broadcast on Foxtel

yakstorm

First Grade
Whilst Fox Sports will most likely be the primary broadcaster for the Toyota Cup, and has comitted so, nothing has been officially signed yet in terms of how many of the 8 games will be shown and whether they will be live or delayed.

There are avenues for other channels to explore, and even Channel 9 has shown some interest in covering one of the Sunday Toyota Cup games in the lead up to their Sunday NRL game.

Naturally Telstra is also keen on signing some of the games for their League TV service when that is launched.

Copa

Bench
roopy said:
An article on page 2 of this paper;
http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/itc/itc-200703.pdf
clearly states that games will be broadcast by foxtel.

While this is fantastic in itself - it brings up questions of sponsership of teams.

The Knights juniors are sponsered by Pepsi - so with TV coverage it could be that all under 20's sides could pick up good sponsership money and the comp could pay for itself.
That would be fantastic.
good stuff

I'd like the new "Premier league" to get some games broadcast also.... i hope the PL teams don't share the same name as an nrl team otherwise it may as well market itself as an off-cuts team

yakstorm

First Grade
Okay the latest I've heard on the Toyota Cup coverage is Channel 9 will show a 60 minute replay of one of the FNF Toyota Cup games on Sunday in the lead up to its Sunday Afternoon football.

Similar to how it use to package up the old Sunday games to fit within the hour (that's going back a few years now), the coverage is designed to fill the gap between the Sunday Footy Show, the Roast and the Sunday game.

Should be good, if Fox also show 2 games, thats pretty reasonable coverage of the competition and 3 more games of League to watch!

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Would this be shown interstate? I think not :evil:

And there is a 2 hour gap between the Sunday Arvo game and the footy shows and roast in the morning?

I would hope that Ch9 will televise a live game in this period, or a game that is not usually televised on Fox.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Wouldn't it be great if they showed if before the 5:30 NRL game, then we would still have a Saturday Arvo game to watch all be it not NRL level but i really think this under 20's comp will have some very entertaining games.

I really hope the coaches basically get these kids and say get out there and play footy, throw the ball around and have fun.

brendothejet

First Grade
roopy said:
when you think about it - the outside broadcast van and all the tech guys are all already there and just scratching their nuts during the prelim game - so costs are maybe an extra hour and a half pay for a dozen 'roadies' and pay for a few commentators - cost of an hour and a half of TV = 2k or less. You can't get re runs of Gilligans Island for that.

you obviously know nothing about television.

People are not standing around scratching their nuts before a game. there is about 3 hours worth of prep that goes into a broadcast.

So the crew then need to be there 3-4 hours before the first game to setup and get everything tested. then they need to work a full game, then back up and do it again.

by the time the crew has packed down you've got yourself a big day.

an hour and a half of television does not cost 2k.

Wake up to yourself mate.

diab0lik

Juniors
yakstorm said:
Naturally Telstra is also keen on signing some of the games for their League TV service when that is launched.

Telstra's launching league tv? is that a channel dedicated to League?

roopy

Referee
brendothejet said:
you obviously know nothing about television.

People are not standing around scratching their nuts before a game. there is about 3 hours worth of prep that goes into a broadcast.

So the crew then need to be there 3-4 hours before the first game to setup and get everything tested. then they need to work a full game, then back up and do it again.

by the time the crew has packed down you've got yourself a big day.

an hour and a half of television does not cost 2k.

Wake up to yourself mate.
can you read?