What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trades & Signings Thread

Big Tim

First Grade
Just thought I would start a thread for all the offseason trade rumours. Feel free to post any other rumours here.

I heard the other day that the Jets are looking to deal Vilma, and he wants to go to the Skins (alot of Miami U alumni there) The Jets want Betts in return and some draft picks will also change hands.

Anyone else hear this?

I like Vilma, and would only agree with this trade if we dont have to give up our top ten pick..... after all we could draft another future Pro Bowler.

Stonecutter

First Grade
From the Jets point of view Betts would be a massive upgrade from Barlow and Leon so they might go hard for him.

Big Tim

First Grade
Thats right,

They have had RB by committee this season. If Clinton stays healthy we dont need that much depth at RB, but if he does and we have no Betts we could be in trouble again.

It would be nice to have an impact LB as we really seemed to lack depth there this year.

texans may trade david carr for a late 2nd round or early third round pick. and are looking at jake plummer as the replacement.

Fin077

Juniors
Denver send :

QB - Jake Plummer
RB - Tatum Bell
Later Round DP

Texans send:

1st Round DP (8th Overall)

This story was floating around earlier this week.....Apparently Denver want RB Adrian Peterson in the draft. Personally, I think he'll be off the board by the 8th selection making this a crazy trade.

What do you think?

well if texans are going to shift carr then this would be the right pick up for them.

think peterson will go down to 8th as i think the browns will be the only one that may stop that!

texans would probably draft peterson if the trade didn't go through

Big Tim

First Grade
Fin, so the Texans would keep Carr in that scenario???

It will be a shame if Peterson drops that far. He is far too good for that.

Fin077

Juniors
Tim,

They'd shop Carr elsewhere...Perhaps Minnesota or Detroit.

I'd love to see what Carr can do with a good line in front of him.

Bumble

First Grade
Fin077 said:
Tim,

They'd shop Carr elsewhere...Perhaps Minnesota or Detroit.

I'd love to see what Carr can do with a good line in front of him.

I agree...I don't see why Denver would trade Tatum though, I think he's great..

Big Tim

First Grade
Bumble said:
I agree...I don't see why Denver would trade Tatum though, I think he's great..

I would hazard a guess that Peterson may be a better prospect than Tatum. How long has it been since Denver drafted a 1st round RB??

kurt faulk

Coach

one of the arinzona papers said the cardinals might take peterson with the 5th pick. apparently they want to groom him for a year under the edge.

i don't know if they are trying to get a trade down happening but if it's true they will have a core of skill players that will last them a decade - lienart, peterson, fitzgerald, boldin.

Fin077

Juniors
Here's a few guys reportedly available;

RB Willis McGahee (BUF)
RB Thomas Jones (CHI - Apparently requested trade)
LB Adalius Thomas (BAL - C'mon Cam and Mr Huizenga, time to do some work here! ;-) )
CB PacMan Jones (TEN)

Some top players there....

Parra_Eels

Bench
so far the likely draft order is going
1. Russell to Oakland
2. Thomas to Detroit
3. Peterson to Browns
4. Calvin Johnson to Bucs

after that its anyones guess although I am hoping that Brady Quinn ends up at Minnesota and Dwayne Jarret is at the Falcons.

Fin077 said:
Here's a few guys reportedly available;

RB Willis McGahee (BUF)
RB Thomas Jones (CHI - Apparently requested trade)
LB Adalius Thomas (BAL - C'mon Cam and Mr Huizenga, time to do some work here! ;-) )
CB PacMan Jones (TEN)

Some top players there....

isn't thomas a free agent!

or can ravens (with their basically no salary cap available) able to re-sign and then trade him?

Fin077

Juniors
douglasallen91 said:
isn't thomas a free agent!

or can ravens (with their basically no salary cap available) able to re-sign and then trade him?

As far as I know the Ravens didnt make him their Franchise man, so he's free as a bird to find a better deal....no pun intended there...lol.

DeeGan

Bench
Willis McGahee is a likely replacement for Tiki Barber in New York.

I am a Hurricanes man and love the boys from U, especially this guy who was the most explosive college RB I have ever seen pre-injury.

McGahee is apparently wanting more $$ from the Bills or he will hold out.

If the Giants are willing to take him from the hands of the Bills, I can see McGahee as a team mate to Shockey once again though this time as a pro.

Big Tim

First Grade
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

McGahee is not coming to my division!!!!

We couldnt stop Tiki.... how do we stop Willis.