What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer Rumour Mill

Dragooner

Bench
We need a thread like this...possibly stickied.

Well 'Silly season' is now in full swing. Rumours flying around like crazy, and the English press only need the name of a club from the players brother-in-laws, sons, piano teacher to get a cover page story. They're having more fun then a kid in a candy store. So, I'll kick us off with some non-Arsenal related ones that have been in full-swing.

• Samuel Eto'o has been freshly linked to Inter Milan. As well as common links to the Toots.
  • Quaresma once again linked to Chelsea - haven't heard that one before ey - rejected a move to Bayern because it's 'too cold' so London seems a bit of a far cry.
  • Jose Boswinga has been linked to both Chelsea and Manure, many reports claiming a deal has even been done with Chelsea.
  • Micah Richards linked to Man U. A riot if he moves to Salford. Also apparently in talks with Chel$ki
  • Berbatov has done the rounds with Barca, Chelsea, Man U, AC and Inter over the past week.
  • Crazy rumours also suggest Dunne may move to Sunderland under a MASSIVE offer. Also linked to Arsenal.
  • Huntelaar again linked to Man U - happens every time the window opens. However he has stated his desire to stay at Ajax to work under Dennis Bergkamp.
  • Sevilla Duo Keita and Fabiano are both being targetted my Liverpool and ManYoo respectively.
  • Bentley may be finding himself in a Toot jersey next season
  • Xabi Alonso linked to Juventus and possibly even a swap between De La Red and himself between Liverpool and Real Madrid.
  • Didier Drogba, of course linked to AC Milan at the moment.
  • Frank Ribery has been linked to Chelsea
  • Barca superstar Giovanni Dos Santos has been linked to Manchester City and Aston Villa, on loan deals.
  • Sergio Ramos another linked to Chelsea.
  • Eidur Gudjohnsen has been linked to Portsmouth and the Toon.
  • Luis Antonio Valencia has been heavily linked to a move to Manure. With overseas parties such as Roma also showin interest.
  • Gareth Barry looking at high profile moves to Liverpool or Arsenal.
  • Mario Gomez has been heavily scouted by Roma recently, as well as Arsenal.
And I can't help myself...Arsenal have been linked to.
  • Richard Dunne
  • Hatem Ben Arfa
  • Raul Albiol
  • Mario Gomez
  • Gareth Barry
  • Alberto Aquilani
  • Ignacio Camacho
  • Yaya Toure
  • Thierry Henry
  • Vincent Kompany
Probably missed some - NP will fill you in.

fish eel

Immortal
I read spurs were looking at spending 15 million pounds on some 18 year old kid from atletico, and 10 million on mario gomez. wtf lol

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I read spurs were looking at spending 15 million pounds on some 18 year old kid from atletico, and 10 million on mario gomez. wtf lol

gomez=bulsh*t

we did sign an 18 yo, forget his name, but it was like about €5m

wouldn't play EPL for a year or two according to those ITK

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
I Assume you mean this kid

Gunners linked with Atletico Madrid midfielder
image.php
Ignacio 'Nacho' Camacho
ARSENAL could be set to move for Atletico Madrid midfielder Ignacio 'Nacho' Camacho according to newspaper reports.
The People says Gunners boss Arsene Wenger sent top scout Steve Rowley to watch 18-year-old Camacho score twice for Atletico last weekend.
The former Real Zaragoza trainee is known for his attacking midfield qualities with an eye for goal as well.
The teenager has also impressed while skippering the Spanish under-17 team in recent tournaments and Arsenal will move in fast to sign him.
Wenger will have to find a reported £15million if he wants to pursue his interest in Camacho, despite him only playing 11 times for the Spanish outfit.

fish eel

Immortal
gomez=bulsh*t

we did sign an 18 yo, forget his name, but it was like about €5m

wouldn't play EPL for a year or two according to those ITK

did I say spurs?

f**k, i meant gunners

of all sides to get mixed up :lol:

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Yaya To Arsenal?

Arsenal are lining up a ₤10 million bid for Barcelona midfielder Yaya Toure

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger will be looking to bolster his options in central midfield over the summer following the departure of Mathieu Flamini for AC Milan.

The January sale of Lassana Diarra and the declining form of Gilberto Silva leaves Arsenal rather thinner in the middle of the park than they would like, sparking speculation that Wenger will splash out in the transfer window.

And according to The People, the Frenchman has pegged Toure to fill the void left by not only Flamini’s departure, but that of former skipper Patrick Vieira in 2005.

The former AS Monaco man has been linked with Arsenal several times over the last six years, due to the fact his brother and fellow Ivory Coast international Kolo Toure plays for the club.

And with the Toure the elder set to receive the captain’s armband next season, and Barca preparing to enter a new phase under Josep Guardiola, the time could not be riper for Toure the younger to make a ₤10 million switch to North London.

weasel

First Grade
Be surprised if Atletico sell Camacho when they've just qualified for CL, but he does look a very good player.

weasel

First Grade
Bosingwa to Chelsea official
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=534366&cc=3436

Ujfalusi reveals he has agreed terms with Atletico
http://www.transfermarketweb.com/?action=read&idsel=16128

He'll be joining Heitinga who was confirmed a while ago
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3451734,00.html

Complete overhaul of their defence (biggest weak point). I think they will try to add a big name signing to their midfield, and they need to think about another striking option as well.

Tom Ace

Bench
Bosingwa would of been nice to have.

Although i've heard Lahm is another target for Man Utd.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
And I can't help myself...Arsenal have been linked to.
  • Richard Dunne
  • Hatem Ben Arfa
  • Raul Albiol
  • Mario Gomez
  • Gareth Barry
  • Alberto Aquilani
  • Ignacio Camacho
  • Yaya Toure
  • Thierry Henry
  • Vincent Kompany
Probably missed some - NP will fill you in.

If Henry comes back I will wack my self off with my foot :lol:

skeepe

Immortal
Some other rumours...

• Wolves' Kevin Foley to Sunderland for a tidy £2.5mil
  • Wigan are after AEK Athens youngster Sokratis Papastathopoulos, who comes complete with a £4mil price tag.
  • Man U have refused to match the £30mil price tag Spurs have put on Berbatov, but Chelski and Barcelona are prepared to match it with Chelski possibly bundling Shaun Wright-Phillips into the deal
  • Man U are looking at either Michael Owen for £7mil, or Roque Santa Cruz instead
  • 17-year-old Aaron Ramsey of Cardiff is on Arsene Wenger's wishlist
  • David Bentley will leave Blackburn for either Liverpool or Chelski
  • Roy is Keane (terrible pun I know) to plunder Reading, apparently lining up a £10mil bid for Stephen Hunt and Kevin Doyle
  • Inter Milan have put in a bid for Steven Gerrard, but have been told in no uncertain terms to bugger off
  • Aston Villa are more than keen on Jens Lehmann
  • Emmanuel Adebayor will leave Arsenal unless given a salary of at least £80,000 per week, up substantially from his current £35k
  • Alex Hleb wants to leave Arsenal, with Inter Milan in the frame
  • Nicklas Bendtner has rejected a move to Bayern Munich
  • Peter Crouch, Scott Carson, John Arne Riise and Harry Kewell will all leave Liverpool in an end-of-season clean-out, with Portsmouth the most likely destination for Crouch, although Crouch is unhappy that the club has overpriced him at £15mil
  • Tottenham and Newcastle are hoping to sign Celtic winger Aiden McGeady
  • Joe Hart has rejected Man City's latest contract offer and looks to be on the way out
  • Tottenham and Arsenal are battling for the signature of Man City youngster Michael Johnson, with Liverpool also showing some interest
  • Barcelona's Giovanni Dos Santos is on his way to Man City
  • Lassana Diarra could be on the move yet again... this time to Tottenham
  • Steve Sidwell and US international Michael Bradley are on Everton's hitlist
  • Tottenham are preparing a £6mil bid for West Ham's Anton Ferdinand
  • Gianluca Zambrotta to move from Barcelona to AC Milan
  • Louis Saha has been offered to Wigan as part of a bid for Valencia
  • Sunderland have made a £2mil offer for West Ham striker Carlton Cole
  • Portsmouth are set to sign Luisao from Benfica as a replacement for Sol Campbell
  • Arsenal are interested in Portsmouth's Niko Kranjcar as a replacement for Hleb
  • Birmingham goalkeeper Maik Taylor, Dortmund defender Philip Degen and Barcelona's Eric Abidal have all been linked to Liverpool
  • Middlesbrough and Blackburn are both keen on West Ham striker Bobby Zamora
  • Noe Pamarot is set to move from Portsmouth to Celtic
  • West Ham are set to bid £3.5mil for Wolves' Michael Kightly
  • Jean Makoun is being looked at by Arsenal and Tottenham
  • Arsenal are prepared to pay Newcastle £15mil for Obafemi Martins, who will in turn target Everton's Andy Johnson
  • Thierry Henry will return to London, this time in a Chelski shirt
  • Barcelona are set to make a £30mil bid for Cesc Fabregas

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
dont you just love the transfer window

must sell a sh*t load of papers in pommie land