What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer Rumours

cb4

First Grade
Dare say the DM we are linked with is the young fella from Madrid ?

Yep.

There was a photo on twatter of him being in the players box after the game against Bournemouth, but it turns out it was a nasty photoshop.

But I dare say if Lucas Leaves, Illaramendi will take his place.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Yep.

There was a photo on twatter of him being in the players box after the game against Bournemouth, but it turns out it was a nasty photoshop.

But I dare say if Lucas Leaves, Illaramendi will take his place.

Where we getting the $$$ for yet another midfield purchase CB4? We apparently are facing some big FFP issues yet again so all this spending has me scratchin my head.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Pogba to Chelsea. :cool:

Just read there is some very serious discussion about this move. CFC has a third party workin on their behalf to sort something out.

Let's face it only a few teams in the world could afford Pogba and CFC are one of them.

Haffa

Just read there is some very serious discussion about this move. CFC has a third party workin on their behalf to sort something out.

Let's face it only a few teams in the world could afford Pogba and CFC are one of them.

I'll believe it when I see him at Cobham, but if we pulled it off we would have locked up our midfield duo for the next 10 years.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
I'll believe it when I see him at Cobham, but if we pulled it off we would have locked up our midfield duo for the next 10 years.

It's definitly in the hard basket in terms of a transfer. Only sides like Madrid, Barca, Bayern, City and United would be capable of bringing him in. Might be a case of Chelsea getting in before the other can.

Haffa

With Cuadrado appearing to be going the other way, I'm sure it's being discussed. Wonder if that is why Ramires wasn't named last night.

TheVelourFog

First Grade
Haha. Have they actually even mentioned Stones? The hypocrisy from Martinez is pretty amusing

they lowballed an offer to try and unsettle Stones and get him to put in a transfer request, which he did

and had Terry and others talking up the move

not sure where hypocrisy comes into it

Haffa

they lowballed an offer to try and unsettle Stones and get him to put in a transfer request, which he did

and had Terry and others talking up the move

not sure where hypocrisy comes into it

Lowball? It was 28million pounds!!

For the record, JT's comment in question was "one day I won't be in the team but Chelsea are looking to the likes of John Stones for the future, so the club will continue to grow and do well."

Hardly earth shattering.

Here is what the hypocrite said.
"We have a fantastic relationship between the two clubs. In the past we made our biggest investment in Chelsea [when signing Romelu Lukaku]. We all know there are rules and regulations and it is something we don't want to see when other clubs speak about your players. It is wrong and it shouldn't happen. As clubs we have a good understanding of where we are."

-Roberto Martinez; source: BT

Here are Robertos quotes from last year.

"We are too close to Romelu to hope he has a poor tournament! We hope he has a really, really good World Cup ... and then decides to come to us."

-Roberto Martinez; May 6, 2014; source: Liverpool Echo

I'm sure he meant "decides to come to us" in terms of just to say goodbye, right? Right??

"The parent club holds his registration, Rom will have a strong say. At the minute we can talk about his great memories. It is best to ask the parent club what is their intentions."

"He is capable of anything, Rom. That is why Chelsea spent a huge amount on his potential."

"It has been a joy to have him at the club. He has brought a lot in his open play. He is now going to a World Cup and the sky is the limit in his future."

-Roberto Martinez; May 9, 2014; source: Mail

How dare you say nice things about our player!

"You are not going to get a number 9 with the qualities Romelu Lukaku has. Romelu has a strong back to play, is incredible in one on one situations with the defender, he can link up play and finish with the left or right. He is only 20 and has scored 30 goals in the last two seasons. He has played now in different environments. He has already been through a big transfer fee and has learned from that. For me he is a well worth player in investing a big amount of money. Will that be a possibility? You don't know because you get the player and the parent club. There are many things that will play a part."

-Roberto Martinez; May 10, 2014; source: NSNO

How dare you suggest that a team should invest money in our player!

"Romelu was a great addition to Everton. He is an extraordinary boy who walks the walk as well as talking the talk. We would love to have him back and people at Chelsea are good friends of mine so we are hopeful."

-Bill Kenwright; Everton chairman; Jun 15, 2014; source: Star

So Everton want us to scratch their back, but if later, we ask them to scratch ours, they just shoot us. That's how this works, right?

"Romelu is a bit like Gerard [Deulofeu], a great player but a youngster, he arrived in Liverpool without much tactical discipline, but he has improved a lot, without losing any of his physical or technical assets. If he ends up going to Atletico, knowing the work of Diego Simeone, it will be good for Simeone and for Atletico. I also think his characteristics will suit Simeone, and vice-versa."

-Roberto Martinez; Jun 16, 2014; source: Inside Spanish Football

"We know the potential of Rom and Chelsea have been very good with the player and we have been really close with our relationship. We need to find out where we are and there is nothing more to comment."

"Every time we spoke about Rom's situation it was very clear that he wanted to go to the World Cup and then make a decision. Obviously it is not going to take too long from now on."

-Roberto Martinez; Jul 11, 2014; source: Sky

"It would be good to have Romelu back. We know the quality he's got. There might be a bit more to do to get him back here but it would be great if he could come back in time to play in the game."

-Leon Osman; Jul 25, 2014; source: BBC

Leon Osman, tapper-upper-evildoer. Where's your outrage now, Mr. Martinez?

"There have been a lot of reports, some even saying I've told people it [a deal for Lukaku] is done, but the situation is very clear. We need a number nine going into the start of the season and we will make sure we sign one."

"Rom created incredible memories we'll never forget and enjoyed his time at Everton - but that doesn't mean anything between now and the end of the window."

-Roberto Martinez; Jul 28, 2014; source: Liverpool Echo

Last edited:

TheVelourFog

First Grade
You mean the Lukaku who had just spent the season on loan with us? And expressed interest in making a permanent move?

I appreciate the effort but spare me

Stones is a currrent England player and the best young defender in the country. Chelseas first offers were insulting.

Latest posts