What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trent Barrett

perverse

Referee
I've been genuinely perplexed at how they turned on a club stalwart and replaced him with this dope. It's like watching an animal chew off its own foot. As soc said, he was already a proven failure at lower levels.

Delighted as a Knights fan - if we must be shit, then at least Manly can be shit with us. Their pain eases my own.

mave

Coach
I've been genuinely perplexed at how they turned on a club stalwart and replaced him with this dope. It's like watching an animal chew off its own foot. As soc said, he was already a proven failure at lower levels.

Delighted as a Knights fan - if we must be shit, then at least Manly can be shit with us. Their pain eases my own.

I withdraw my joy for a Knights victory in the game thread then. =)

El Diablo

Post Whore
His coaching days should have been over after he got the Panthers 20's gig the year after Brennan took them to a premiership. Missed the 8 the next year. Slotted him in favour of Cameron Ciraldo & surprise surprise, premiers again.
didn't know that

and they thought he could replace a premiership winning coach

soc123_au

Staff member
didn't know that

and they thought he could replace a premiership winning coach

What is even more baffling is the year he had the 20s job he didnt coach the whole season. I cant remember if it was Brennan had them flying for the first few rounds & Barrett came in and f**ked them, or Brennan came back at the end of the year and they finished with a string of wins. They did lose round 26 in an 8th place play off with the eventual premiers after the siren. Which makes me think Brennan was back by then. Either way, lo@Manly. I pissed myself laughing when they hired him, and havent stopped laughing since.

El Diablo

Post Whore
What is even more baffling is the year he had the 20s job he didnt coach the whole season. I cant remember if it was Brennan had them flying for the first few rounds & Barrett came in and f**ked them, or Brennan came back at the end of the year and they finished with a string of wins. They did lose round 26 in an 8th place play off with the eventual premiers after the siren. Which makes me think Brennan was back by then. Either way, lo@Manly. I pissed myself laughing when they hired him, and havent stopped laughing since.
so why did Gus rate him?

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-for-nrl-head-coach-spot-20150430-1mwz77.html

maybe he was just trolling Manly

davi

Juniors
I remember Manly lost a game last year to Parramatta who was less then full strength. Barrett was whinging about ref's decision afterwards at the press conference. A journalist quite rightly asked 'should you have been in that position in the first place'. Barrett then whinged more saying it shouldn't of mattered. Barrett couldn't except that Parramatta wanted it more and Manly took them too lightly, and refused to acknowledge that Manly's performance was sub-par instead just took aim at the refs.

some11

Referee
Internal bullshit at Manly has hamstrung them for years just like the Australian cricket team.

A prelim, grand final, semi and ninth place wasn't good enough under Toovey apparently - shouldn't complain though, just one less threat to worry about for the rest of the comp thanks to this idiot steering the ship.