What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trent Barrett

Legion

Juniors
I remember Manly lost a game last year to Parramatta who was less then full strength. Barrett was whinging about ref's decision afterwards at the press conference. A journalist quite rightly asked 'should you have been in that position in the first place'. Barrett then whinged more saying it shouldn't of mattered. Barrett couldn't except that Parramatta wanted it more and Manly took them too lightly, and refused to acknowledge that Manly's performance was sub-par instead just took aim at the refs.

He must be getting coaching tips from Bozo.
Back when he was coaching, the low placed Bears always seemed to beat the high flying Sea Eagles with their team full of rep players at North Sydney oval. (I can still remember players like Wombat or Boustead tearing up the sideline)
Bozo came up with some interesting excuses for their losses. He once blamed the state of the ground saying that they had trained expecting to play on a hard surface but some wicked groundsman had watered the ground the night before thus disadvantaging his players ...... bwahahahahaha.

firechild

First Grade
He must be getting coaching tips from Bozo.
Back when he was coaching, the low placed Bears always seemed to beat the high flying Sea Eagles with their team full of rep players at North Sydney oval. (I can still remember players like Wombat or Boustead tearing up the sideline)
Bozo came up with some interesting excuses for their losses. He once blamed the state of the ground saying that they had trained expecting to play on a hard surface but some wicked groundsman had watered the ground the night before thus disadvantaging his players ...... bwahahahahaha.
So to put some facts around this:

During Bozo's first stint as coach (1983-1988), Manly lost 1 game at North Sydney Oval and won 5.
Given the reference to Wombat and Boustead, I assume this is the period you're talking about.

During the 2nd stint (1993-1999):
Norths won in 1993 (Norths finished 6th, Manly 4th)
Manly won in 1994 and 1995
Norths won in 1996 (Manly finished 1st and the "low placed Bears" finished 3rd)
Norths won in 1997 (Manly finished 1st and Norths finished 4th)
Norths won in 1998 (The high flying Sea Eagles finished 10th and the low placed Bears finished 5th)
Manly won in 1999

I guess history changes when you ignore what actually happened.

Last edited:

txta2

Bench
steveharveytv-wow-steve-harvey-3oEduF2azrdC2O0zvi