What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trent Barrett

Nice Beaver

First Grade
I know this has deviated away from the topic of Barrett directly, but the way tje club has been run does have a very big bearing on Barrett's results.

It would seem from the following article, Fulton and Co have been running the club like school kids "watching the house" when mum and dad go away for a week......ie. Doing what the f*ck they like when they like.

Well, the school principal has arrived you self entitled arseholes. Time to clean house!

Hopefully Fulton's ego is too big to work with Cleary. He can go focus on being a village idiot with his mate Hadley on 2GB.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...struggle-with-bob-fulton-20170315-guypl1.html

Manly-Warringah have never 'won' the Wooden Spoon. With the injuries they have, and Barrett as coach, I could see them succeeding this year. Which - despite my love/hate relationship with the team - would pretty sad for a proud club.
f**k those turdburglers.

I hope them and only them get it.

big hit!

Bench
Tough for a young coach. Manly was dysfunctional before Barrett accepted the role, but here was an opportunity to lead his first NRL side. When could an other opportunity arrive? You could argue the experience has ruined him as an NRL coach in future, then I remember Nathan Brown still gets gigs. So chin up, Trent!

ed-grimley

Bench
People forget that although Bozo was one of the very best players to pull on a boot he was also one of the biggest grubs ever in the game. He was also a born Pom.

Hi guys in respect to Cleary running the show at manly .. I joined to ask this question..is this the same guy who as principal at st Augustine's ( next door ) banned league from the sports curriculum ???
If so how does a person with this background land a job as at CEO at a rugby league club??

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Hi guys in respect to Cleary running the show at manly .. I joined to ask this question..is this the same guy who as principal at st Augustine's ( next door ) banned league from the sports curriculum ???
If so how does a person with this background land a job as at CEO at a rugby league club??

Its the same bloke.

I guess he got the job because he is considered a hard nut who won't buy into the bullshit.

He was also put in because he apparently has noted skills in "making things happen" with developments and getting money raised. In case you haven't noticed, Manly have lobbied and tried for years to get an upgrade at Brookvale with little to no result. This bloke has the skills to get more traction.

And with regards to him banning rugby league.....not sure how that school works, but every one I have been involved with has NEVER had a principal who could dictate what sports/subjects etc can and cannot be in the school. That stuff all goes through committees and boards for approval. So to say he was responsible, to me, is disengenuous.

Regardless, by your reasoning, a CEO of NAB could never work for CBA because they are opposition.

I also hear he has been a supporter of Manly for years and attended games for years. Hardly a league hater, if that's what you are inferring.

davi

Juniors
His career hinges on DCE. Poor bloke

Exactly. I was going to say the same thing.

Everyone's pointing the guns at Trent Barrett and Bozo but Daly Cherry-Evans is also feeling the heat because he hasn't lived up to the contract so far that Manly gave him. Cherry-Evans has been under microscope after the first two performances as also Blake Green to a lesser extent. If everyone thinks the media only have Barrett in their sights and he's being used as a scape goat they are wrong.

It all starts again tonight against the Cowboys.

"The Sea Eagles are winless after the first two games of the season and pressure is already mounting on coach Trent Barrett.

In-fighting at the club, injuries and suspensions haven't helped the second year mentor, but Tallis has taken aim squarely at the team's captain.

The league great spoke on The Late Show with Matty Johns on Fox Sports, where he criticised the attitude of Cherry-Evans, who in 2015 signed a 10-year, $10-million deal to remain at the club.

Tallis took particular exception to the form of the Manly halfback, who he says has the potential to ease the burden on his coach.

"He can change it, he can take the pressure off (Barrett) by playing good (footy)," Tallis said.

"That's a young guy that's got a 10-year deal who doesn't really care, because he can't get moved on because he's going to get all of his money.

Tallis was responding to a press conference the Manly half spoke at this week, in which he brushed off speculation around under-fire Barrett's future.

"I don't watch the news, I don't read papers, it's not my problem," Cherry-Evans told reporters.

"He's (Barrett's) got my support and I don't think there's much more I can do or say to add to it.

"I find it pretty comical. I can't comprehend why the coaches are under so much scrutiny in the game."

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/...d-of-not-caring-about-manlys-poor-form/#page1

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Here we go.

Is DCE playing to his full potential at the moment? No

Could he play better and justify his wage? Hell yes

Is he responsible for Manly's present situation? Give me a f*cking break.

Tallis.......enough said.

Last edited:
Ha no I assure you... & must admit I have no love for manly..from a league fans perspective i' m stunned its the same guy....i didn't know about the change from league to union at st agustines until students told me " the new principle installed change etc" ...

Your example of a CEO is not quite right..those CEO s who do not sway the board to lean their way or do not determine company direction are not employed for long..if he was CEO of that school it was his desired direction

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Ha no I assure you... & must admit I have no love for manly..from a league fans perspective i' m stunned its the same guy....i didn't know about the change from league to union at st agustines until students told me " the new principle installed change etc" ...

Your example of a CEO is not quite right..those CEO s who do not sway the board to lean their way or do not determine company direction are not employed for long..if he was CEO of that school it was his desired direction

Lol

Students told you the principal got rid of league. Righto. Good enough for me.

To be honest I could care less if womens synchronised swimming was his desired sport at St Augustines.

I care about the job he does at Manly.

And you are kidding yourself if you don't think CEOs affect direction at major banks. Go have a look at David Murray's history at the CBA. I know, I worked there when he was in charge and he was 100% the driver of direction and culture at the joint.

Latest posts