What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trent Barrett

kbw

Bench
St Disgustings has always been a rugby school.
There has always been a league presence as well
I don't know how much but I suspect things are more influenced by what Mr Lussick is up to

Nice Beaver

First Grade
I agree they drive direction..thats why I can't give a pass that a committee instigated the change from league to union..and he wasn't responsible

If you think its as cut and dry as Cleary dorsn't want league so its gone, then good luck in your little world.

And I know its unusual for a private school on the Northern Beaches to have rugby union as their major sport. Weird. Very weird.

As previously stated, he is at Manly for a reason. Whether the school he was at had league in it or not concerns me less than my thoughts about my next bowel movement, and is quite frankly is as relevent.

Mate it's not my team...but if it were I would be concerned about the background and history of decisions made by the prospective personnel...the people of the northern beaches don't forget that quickly either ..thanks for confirming it was the same guy ..

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Mate it's not my team...but if it were I would be concerned about the background and history of decisions made by the prospective personnel...the people of the northern beaches don't forget that quickly either ..thanks for confirming it was the same guy ..

Oh well. Its not your team and the VAST majority of Manly supporters are happy to have him there.

Thanks for the concern though.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
I don't have any opinion on Cleary yet. I do think the Fulton battle was an interesting choice so early. Especially given Fulton is off contract years end from all reports. He can't be any worse than the last CEO.

I read a lot of 'you have to feel sorry for Trent' type stuff before. Why? If his star halfback isn't performing, drop him and strip him of the captaincy until he improves. Right now he is offering well below his value. Given he is apparently injured anyway, it would have been a perfect time too. You can't motivate DCE with contract renewal stuff you normally would. However by not playing first grade or not being captain, are the two areas you can punish his attitude and performance. It is not a normal situation, and Barrett needs to recognise, he needs a stick not a carrot with him.

Considering how they treated Toovey, I don't see why Trent should be given anything but the same. Toovey had a great win record around 68%. What's Barrett at? 8/26 30.77%.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Mate I think you'll find Barrett will be treated the same. He'll be gone within the month if the rot continues.

VodkaSaint

Juniors
and to think he sold his House in Nowra, What a dumb shit head, why not rent and keep the house, its a water front

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Safe now, or just bought more time? Manlys defence was pretty damn good tonight.

As I said in the game day thread, will be very keen to watch the Dogs game next week to see if the Souffs debacle was a one off, or if its Jekyll and Hyde this year....

But great effort. I'd like to think 2 great defensive efforts like tonight and round 1 are an indication of a united team playing for each other.

Life's Good

Coach
Poor old Baz, maligned by Dragons supporters, mocked by Eagles supporters. You can't take away his looks though.

Slackboy72

Coach
It's interesting how none of the esteemed brains trust who posted on the first page have anything to say...