What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trent Hodkinson

Frederick

Staff member
With all the doom and gloom stories that come out about the league and its players almost every day (most recently Dane Laurie and the booze bros poor form leading up to origin), stories like this one seem to get glossed over.

Trent Hodkinson may not have delivered the results we were expecting of him on the field, but off field has always been a class act and gone above and beyond what is generally expected of an NRL player. Last night Kurri Kurri high school held an early school formal as one of their students has terminal cancer. Trent went along as her date for the night.

The NRL needs more role models like Trent Hodkinson, and less like Josh Dugan

Danish

Referee
Tremendous story, and a great example of the type of stuff literally dozens of league players are out doing all the time that just gets ignored wholesale by the media.

I mean who can blame them? Obviously this is nowhere near as newsworthy as a player allegedly writing on in the dust on a journo's car with his finger

Hutty1986

Immortal
I saw this on Trent's instagram the other day and just assumed it was a younger sister or some sort of family friend. What an absolutely brilliant thing to do. This poor young girl would have been so thrilled, and this kind of act will be remembered always by her family. Cheers Fred

thorson1987

Coach
Surprised he didn't get Brock Lambe to do it.

Seriously though an awesome thing to do. Unfortunately the great stuff players do generally gets ignored by the media who would rather make up some bullshit to whinge about for days on end.

Top marks Trent. Seems like a really top bloke.

And also credit to the school for bringing it forward so the young girl can experience it.

Bunnies_Pride

Juniors
What is this shit!

Didn't you know 2 blokes had drinks with their partners on their day off, and another wanted tl start in the biggest game of the year so far?

Why are we posting positive stories when these scandals are rocking rugby league to it's core

thorson1987

Coach
I saw this on Trent's instagram the other day and just assumed it was a younger sister or some sort of family friend. What an absolutely brilliant thing to do. This poor young girl would have been so thrilled, and this kind of act will be remembered always by her family. Cheers Fred

Yeah I thought the same.

taipan

Referee
Yep Trent has gone up 100% in my eyes.That is a gentlemanly and compassionate act from a classy male.