What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trent Merrin signs till 2020

Old Timer

Coach
I was never a great fan of Merrin. To me he was a slow, lumbering roly poly who never really contributed much to our attack. He had a bit of a step and an offload which rarely led to tries to win us games. I would prefer to spend the $700,000 on a great player who could win us games single handedly and score tries close to the line.

Merrin got stuffed around by us as he was best suited to prop but we wanted to have a ball playing back rower so we compromised him.

Same applies to Cooper and De Belin they are props and to top it off now we are taking the back rowers TF & TS and trying to turn them into props.

Props are props and back rowers are exactly that and never the twain shall meet.

rasaint

Juniors
Sometimes we get a bit misty over these things. The mighty Panthers have one more win than the crappy team called the Dragons; 3/4 of way through the season. Trent has been ticking over like he did with us. Playing ok and running some good metres. Nothing great nothing bad. At $700k a year he must be think'happy days'.