What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tri-nations should be a bit more interesting...

knights 2004

Juniors
if Great Britain can take the series this year.
next year in england we would actually have a contest on our hands. not just a "lets have 2 other nations play to see who plays australia in the final"

IMO, the tri nations will be fantastic if Gt Brit get up this november

In-goal

Bench
If GB wins this series it will be the biggest monumental moment Rugby League has seen since Super League, not just in England it will give the game world wide a massive shot in the arm pardon the pun Newcastle fans.

Imagine a GB victory this year and Australia missing the first tri-nations final :shock:

NPK

Bench
It is strange that it's called Tri-Nations...
That implies only 3 nations are taking part...since when is Great Britain a single nation???

Misanthrope

Staff member
Even if GB don't win the series, I'd just like to see them give us a shakeup. That said, if they can't beat an under-strength side, it won't reflect well on them- even if Cunningham and a few others are out for them.

New Zealand being able to compete is a good start. The tri-series would die after a year if Australia racked up the 64-6 and 48-6 scorelines they've put on their opposition lately. Especially in a final.

I think if the WC final hadn't finished at 40-12, it would've received far less bad publicity. The game was great, but people see the score and go 'Wow, what a hammering'- forgetting the fact it was 18-12 for some time.

Chris

ozbash

Referee
with respect to the poms,, i dont think the tri series should be held in the UK. they failed hosting the world cup and i believe the game is in better health in aus/nz.

for this series to suceed in lifting the games profile, it has to suceed financially.

sad,but thats the way it is now.

Stevo_G

Juniors
yeah they are ging to have the tri series from 2004 - 2006 plus they have had 3 test series in england, they might struggle to get crowds unless they play some matches outside the north
isn't it time for aus & nz to host britain for once

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Exactly the games should be hosted in three nations because its called a TRI NATIONS , I mean what if the final was between Australia/New Zealand and a crowd of 10,000 turned up. Thats what Im concerned about, just like the 2000 WC.

Its time the International Rugby League Board needs to wake up to themselves and realise that International rugby league needs to be played in NZL and Australia.

In-goal

Bench
I think what there trying to do with this is create more appeal through out GB and a t the same time trying to get a better TV deal for the International fixtures.

I have no doubt that if GB were to win the Ashes this year a Tri nations down under would make for a very lucrative tournament with big crowds and great exposure.

Bengal

Juniors
In the Tri-nations is each team playing each other once or twice?

I'd naturally presumed they'd play each other twice on a home and away basis.

So was this Tri-nations a Pommie idea then, considering all the games are going to be played there?