What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRIAL :: 15 Feb :: Roosters 24 Port Macq 4 @ Port Macquarie, NSW

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
2008 NATIONAL RUGBY LEAGUE TRIAL MATCH

FRIDAY 15 FEBRUARY
Sydney Roosters v Port Macquarie Sharks
Port Macquarie Regional Sports Stadium PORT MACQUARIE NSW :: 7:00pm kickoff

Location: http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&...52.873876&spn=0.013623,0.028539&t=h&z=16&om=0

All tickets; Grandstand $20.00 and General Admission $12.00. Tickets available at Sportspower, Settlement City, Athletes Foot, Horton Street, Port Macquarie. Hastings Co-Op Department Store, High Street. Wauchope.

centen-syd.jpg

Match discussion, teams, result etc, post here.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Gates open: 4:30pm
First match (U/18s): 5:30pm
Main fixture kick off: 7:00pm

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Don't know.

I rang Coff Harbour Council and the clerk reckons it was never booked there, and she had no idea why it was released to the media. It was fairly widely circulated too.

I also rang Port Macquarie to get confirmation.

I quickly updated our info on the site before checking in here.

ozzie

Bench
Roosters team is named

Team for Port Macquarie Trial: posted on website Thursday, February 14, 2008
Brad Fittler has named the team for the first trial of 2008, to be played in Port Macquarie Friday night.

With most of the senior playing squad given the game off, Freddy has named a team of young guns made up from younger NRL players and NYC squad members.

1 Shaun Foley
2 Shaun Kenny-Dowall
3 Brent Grose
4 Setaimata Sa
5 Luke Towers
6 Ben Jones
7 Mitchell Pearce

8 Frank Paul-Nuuauasala
9 Riley Brown
10 David Shillington
11 Shane Shackleton
12 Anthony Cherrington
13 Danny Howard

INTERCHANGE
14 Albert Hopoate 18 Mose Masoe 22 Javarn White
15 Marty Kennedy 19 Jai Ayoub 23 Steve Meredith
16 Sandor Earl 20 Tavita Folau 24 Rohan Ahern
17 Ben Cronin 21 Stanley Waqa 25 Antonino Winterstei

interresting side do u think Grose will start this year apparently he tore up sl

i rate Foley and i believe he should start move minnichello to the wing or maybe foley can play wing or centre ????

Jai Ayoub is another who apparently played very well for the tigers but wasnt kept cause of the ammount of quality junior 1/2's (Moltzen/Dunley/Lui/Lazarus) already at the tigers

ozzie

Bench
joel caine number 1 fan said:
interresting side do u think Grose will start this year apparently he tore up sl

i rate Foley and i believe he should start move minnichello to the wing or maybe foley can play wing or centre ????

Jai Ayoub is another who apparently played very well for the tigers but wasnt kept cause of the ammount of quality junior 1/2's (Moltzen/Dunley/Lui/Lazarus) already at the tigers
maybe in dire curcumstaces..but waqa could - he is a big boppa and has unlimited potential - a good prop in the making

Choppies

Coach
From our trials.
30 minute games.
Roosters 48. Kempsey 0
Roosters 22. Walchope 0
Roosters 22. Port Mac 4.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Roosters results from Port Macquarie
Friday, February 15, 2008

The Sydney Roosters have tonight taken on three group 2 teams at Port Macquarie Regional Stadium in the first trial game of 2008.

The Roosters played three 30 minute thirds with the first against the Dhunghutti Broncos.

The game was won convincingly with fitness and pace the key influence in the 48-0 score line. Shaun Foley, David Shillington, Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Luke Towers and with Setaimata Sa and Riley Brown crossing twice. Shaun Foley converted six times.

The second 30 minutes was played against the Wauchope Wolves with Tevita Folau the first to cross. Albert Hopoate crossed for two tries with Stanley Waqa and Ben Jones also finding the line in the 22-0 win.

The Roosters played the Port Macquarie Sharks in the last 30 minutes and conceeded the first points of the game with 7 minutes to go. The team won 24-4 with Riley Brown again scoring two tries, and Albert Hopoate, Ben Cronin, Anthony Cherrington and Antonio Winterstein all scoring a try.

The 25 man squad all came away from the game injury free and better for the run.

http://www.sydneyroosters.com.au/news.php?ArticleID=3024

Juniors
tevita folau scored ey, interesting, maybe another gun out of the folau clan?

ozzie

Bench
wonder how manv was at the ground if I could drive again I would have gone. my inlaws live at Kempsey and Haven't seen them for a while

freeridermx

Juniors
besides the first game/third the rooster were not very impressive and i think were pretty poor. in the second third vs the wauchope blues not wolves it took the rooster 15mins to score and were far from impressive.
the main factor was fitness as it was only 8nil with about 7mins to go against wauchope and the country boys done themselves proud, in the port sharks game the rooster scored in the first 2 mins but they too pushed the roosters all the way and scored 1 good try and nearly another .

so dispite what the papers say that it was a flogging and fitler would be very impressed , if i was coach i would not be that happy as they struggled to put away 2 country teams even if it was not full strenght. for the roosters number 5 L towers, 13 d howard and shane shakletin and kenny dowal looked good and steve meredith.

so i think it was a good test for the roosters but they were far from been dominate besides the first game/third and they got a good test against some country lads.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
ozzie said:
Roosters team is named

Team for Port Macquarie Trial: posted on website Thursday, February 14, 2008
Brad Fittler has named the team for the first trial of 2008, to be played in Port Macquarie Friday night.

With most of the senior playing squad given the game off, Freddy has named a team of young guns made up from younger NRL players and NYC squad members.

1 Shaun Foley
2 Shaun Kenny-Dowall
3 Brent Grose
4 Setaimata Sa
5 Luke Towers
6 Ben Jones
7 Mitchell Pearce

8 Frank Paul-Nuuauasala
9 Riley Brown
10 David Shillington
11 Shane Shackleton
12 Anthony Cherrington
13 Danny Howard

INTERCHANGE
14 Albert Hopoate 18 Mose Masoe 22 Javarn White
15 Marty Kennedy 19 Jai Ayoub 23 Steve Meredith
16 Sandor Earl 20 Tavita Folau 24 Rohan Ahern
17 Ben Cronin 21 Stanley Waqa 25 Antonino Winterstei

Related to John?

freeridermx said:
besides the first game/third the rooster were not very impressive and i think were pretty poor. in the second third vs the wauchope blues not wolves it took the rooster 15mins to score and were far from impressive.
the main factor was fitness as it was only 8nil with about 7mins to go against wauchope and the country boys done themselves proud, in the port sharks game the rooster scored in the first 2 mins but they too pushed the roosters all the way and scored 1 good try and nearly another .

so dispite what the papers say that it was a flogging and fitler would be very impressed , if i was coach i would not be that happy as they struggled to put away 2 country teams even if it was not full strenght. for the roosters number 5 L towers, 13 d howard and shane shakletin and kenny dowal looked good and steve meredith.

so i think it was a good test for the roosters but they were far from been dominate besides the first game/third and they got a good test against some country lads.

first game since what, august? i think we can forgive them for being under par. they would of just been concerned with getting back into the scheme of things

isn't albert john's youngest brother?

Garts

Bench
Albert is John's younger brother, he played juniors with the Roosters then left for a morman mission stint for 2 years, first season back. Whilst on Hoppa his son is now playing for Manly in Harold Matthews, apparantly a gun player.

innsaneink

Referee
Sad sad old Zorba calling for Roosters players to be fined and suspended for joining in a brawl that was clearly started by the opposition and despite a caller ringing in and stating it was obvious one of the bush teams they played went out with one purpose only and that was to cause trouble, not play football.