What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRIAL :: 2 Mar :: Bulldogs 36 Panthers 18 @ ANZ

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
2008 NATIONAL RUGBY LEAGUE TRIAL MATCH

SUNDAY 2 MARCH
Bulldogs v Penrith Panthers
ANZ Stadium, Homebush Bay NSW :: 6:30pm kickoff

Tickets: Entry is free and non-ticketed.

Note: Bulldogs members can pick up their Season Ticket Packages at this match.​

bul-main.jpg
pen-main.jpg

Match discussion, teams, result etc, post here.​

Timmah

Staff member
NRL - Panthers V Bulldogs (6.30pm Sun Mar 02 @ ANZ Stadium)
1. Rhys Wesser, 2. Luke Rooney, 3. Brad Tighe, 4. Maurice Blair, 5. Michael Jennings, 6. Luke Lewis, 7. Jarrod Sammut, 8. Adam Woolnough, 9. Paul Aiton, 10. Petero Civoniceva (c), 11. Trent Waterhouse, 12. Tony Puletua, 13. Nathan Smith, 14. Keith Peters, 15. Frank Puletua, 16. Brendan Worth, 17. Geoff Daniela, 18. Matthew Bell, 19. Josh McCrone, 20. Joe Williams, 21. Junior Moors (two to be omitted).

Toyota Cup - Panthers V Bulldogs (4.30pm Sun Mar 02 @ ANZ Stadium)
1. Lachlan Coote, 2. Sonny Tuigamala, 3. William Isa, 4. Chris Ward (c), 5. Junior Tiakilifi, 6. Trent Iselin, 7. Zoram Watene, 8. Sam McKendry, 9. Masada Iosefa, 10. Ollie Tia Tia, 11. Michael Leeds, 12. Bradley Goodwin, 13. Joel Romelo, 14. Travis Marshall, 15. Jared Searson, 16. Wade Graham, 17. Luke Clydesdale, 18. Tinirau Arona, 19. Jesse Sene-Lefao, 20. Jarred Cannon, 21. Tim Glasby, 22. Guy Hodgins, 23. Mitchell Jennings, 24. Daniel Roki.

http://penrith.panthers.com.au/Default.aspx?id=3&ArticleID=701

Bulldogs
NRL:

1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem El Masri
3. Andrew Emelio
4. Cameron Phelps
5. Matt Utai
6. Ben Roberts
7. Daniel Holdsworth
8. Jarrad Hickey
9. Corey Hughes
10. Justin Tsoulos
11. Sonny Bill Williams
12. Andrew Ryan
13. Lee Te Maari

INTERCHANGE
14. Reni Maitua
15. Aaron Groom
16. Kane Cleal
17. Michael Sullivan
19. Danny Williams
20. Tim Winitana
21. Leon Bott
23. Gary Warburton

Toyota Cup:

1. Jimmy Fawcett
2. Kele Niusere
3. Mason Pure
4. Sene Tala
5. Nathan Tannous
6. Ben Barba
7. Josh Reynolds
8. Malcolm Leaeno
9. Nathan Dib
10. Ben James
11. Harlan Alaalatoa
12. Daniel Harrison
13. Jake Foster

INTERCHANGE
14. Daniel Ezekiel
15. Josh Foley
16. Brendan Hikaka
17. Tristan Nisbet
19. Rhys Jack
20. Jeco Makatoa
21. Arana Taumata
22. David Langi

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/main.php?page=article&id=1516

And finally, the Bulldogs were victorious in a NSW Cup trial against the Windsor Wolves (Penrith's feeder club) 36-18 tonight. - http://www.bulldogs.com.au/main.php?page=article&id=1521

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
I can't see why Folkes persists with Holds-not-WORTH-a-cent. He has gone way downhill in the last year and a half and I can't believe he is at half-back when he is more of a five-eighth than anything. Roberts is the clubs best five-eighth and has a far superior step, running game and passing game than Holdsworth. The only thing Roberts doesn't have is a short kicking game, which is why he should be at 5/8 (which he is).

It should be:

6. Roberts
7. Groom

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
On behalf of every Canterbury fan we would like to give Des Hasler a massive thank you for not blooding Groom. Serves you right!

I hope Groom can have a big year this year. Folkes needs to grow a set of balls and put him at half back because he will damn near be rookie of the year if he does!

Garts

Bench
Yeah is a great player, but he left so he stinks!!!!

Been watching him for a number of years now so I want him to do well but a tiny bit of me will want him to fail.

Dutchy

Immortal
Bulldogs_4_Life said:
On behalf of every Canterbury fan we would like to give Des Hasler a massive thank you for not blooding Groom. Serves you right!

I hope Groom can have a big year this year. Folkes needs to grow a set of balls and put him at half back because he will damn near be rookie of the year if he does!

I agree, we could have, and should have played him last year. And re-signed him for 2-3 years for cheap, not even top 25. HUGE let down.

Garts

Bench
Bulldogs_4_Life said:

Manly are not the best at developing juniors but we finally get one come through the grades, and a damn good one at that and we let him go :crazy:

effnic

Bench
If its free i will be there fo sho, take the little brother to watch his geniused pathers go round.

Timmah

Staff member
JS said:
Hopefully Groom gets a good run. The kid is going to be huge.

He played NSW Cup last night and he was an absolute gun... you coming down Sunday for it?

B4L, don't agree on the Holdsworth front - he helped us to the penultimate week in '06... he just played with too much confidence in 07 and it affected his game. He has a wonderful kicking game and partnered with someone other than Roberts (who really is too hot-cold IMO) he will shine.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
For those who don't know, NSW Cup defeated Windsor 36-18 and were led by explosive half-back Aaron Groom.

Fromm all reports, Aaron Groom and Leon Bott were the best for the Bulldogs. Groom was by far the best player on the field and to quote most people "He was a class, maybe 2 or 3 classes above everyone else". He scored 4 tries and set up another.

A good report on Groom from a fan who watched the game:

"Went and watched the game tonight at belmore.
Really wanted to watch one player and one player only and that was aaron groom.
The guy is too classy for that level of football tonight,It bears striking resemblance to jonathan thurstons time in reserves were he was cutting every one to pieces.
The 4th try groom scored was from the 45 mtrs took the defence on stepped of the mark and bolted through and scored.
The kid has it all, he combined well with bott and few times one nice long cut out pass that was deemed forward and another he set up.
The most pleasing aspect though was his involvement and ability to marshal his troops,there was a lot of chatter from him and he was calling the shots all night untill he came off.
The kid needs to be in first grade and adjust to the pace and strength of NRL.His star is on the rise.
Once he came off in the second half there were 1st grade 1st grade calls from the sparsely populated crowd to folkes who was there watching."

Garts

Bench
The only question mark he has is his defence, however so do quite a few halves and if his attack is brilliant that can be overlooked initially and worked on.

Jesus its going to annoy me if he goes really well in 1sts, especially since we are apparantly chasing Carney so hard for big dollars.