What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRIAL :: 2 Mar :: Bulldogs 36 Panthers 18 @ ANZ

innsaneink

Referee
Timmah said:
very happy to see sully at hooker and not half... Much more creative than hughes as well. Utai is wearing some ridiculously bright orange boots :?

The new Nike boots

IMG_0478.jpg

Chris Sandow wore em last nite, all the kids are into em this year.

(Shannon Gallants boot above)

mattyg

Bench
lol at the orange boots replacing the orange boots in the 2nd half...they stood out a mile away. and also that person who got hit in the head by the football in the 2nd half! who seen that??

overall i'm really impressed with how we went tonight...for mine the standouts were Sullivan, Roberts and Utai and Holdsworth did pretty good as well. Looks as though Joey might be helping out our halves a bit because they showed some really good vision tonight, which is something i didn't expect especially from Roberts.

flash

Juniors
back from the game, Sullivan was a standout best player, Roberts played well second half. SBW was too pass happy, i cant remember a time he got tackled with the ball.

Sat next to Noad, seems like a nice guy, still supporting the team, and just sitting with the fans.

For Penrith, the forwards momentum seemed to slow when Petero was off the field and the dogs took the game in this period. I thought he , Waterhouse, and Luke Lewis was Penriths best when he was at 5/8.

Joe Williams seemed really rusty as you'd expect, some bad passes in his game.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
If we're going to lose the game anywhere it'll be our kicking game IMO.

Match report:
Sullivan sparks Dogs' late charge
March 02, 2008

NEW recruit Michael Sullivan scored two tries in two minutes to help spark the Bulldogs to a 36-18 NRL trial match victory over Penrith at ANZ Stadium.

Sullivan made an almost immediate impact as he came off the bench in the 27th minute, barging over from dummy half in the 30th and then completing a 90m play from the first tackle off the re-start to grab his second try in the 32nd minute.

His arrival awoke the Dogs from their early slumber, levelling scores 12-all to end the first half after tries to Luke Rooney (14th minute) and Tony Puletua (21st) gave the Panthers a 12-0 lead.
Penrith regained their lead just seven minutes after the break when their new recruit Brad Tighe used his stunning speed to complete a long range effort for an 18-12 advantage.

From there the Panthers' night turned bad.

In the 55th minute livewire centre Michael Jennings walked off gingerly after a tackle attempt gone wrong and Penrith went on to concede four unanswered tries in quick succession in a worrying fade out.

Dogs centre Andrew Emelio (56th minute) crossed in the corner after Luke Patten toed the ball ahead, Reni Maitua (61st minute) and Leon Bott (66th minute) were both put over by rocket passes from five-eighth Ben Roberts while half-back Daniel Holdsworth (69th minute) touched under the posts after a bizarre play which included a woeful chip ahead by prop Jarrad Hickey.

Sullivan was denied his hat-trick in the final minute, dragged down just short of the tryline.

It was an embarrassing final 20 minutes for the Panthers, while the Dogs can take heart from their barnstorming finish and superstar Sonny Bill Williams' trouble-free 50 minute return from a fractured forearm last season.

AAP

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23307114-23214,00.html

I'd hardly call it "late charge" - we were well and truly home with 15 to go.

Garts

Bench
Just got home and could not be arsed reading all the way through, too pissed!!! Thanks guys.

ozzy_ozman

Juniors
Timmah said:
Utai is wearing some ridiculously bright orange boots :?

:lol:

they are the new Nike Merucial boots...

the boot is lightweight with synthetic leather with contoured sock liner cushions reducing stud pressures and has seperated forefoot and heel plates for weight reduction

hth

panthersballboy

Juniors
Penrith looked good when Lewis was at 5/8. Once he went off we fell to bits. Joey Williams was ok but from the trials it looks like a Lewis/Sammut combo in the halves is the go.

Sullivan was great for the dogs, hopefully he has sorted out his personal issues as he looks primed for a big season.

Latest posts