What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRIAL: Bulldogs 14-16 Dragons - Sat 20 Feb @ Wollongong

Gaba

First Grade
f**k me dead Gaba. Don't talk if you don't know what you're saying.
If you cant see the humour (baiting) , why bother posting

why cant people take notice of things in front of thier eyes ,

What the do you think :D is for

Wake up and get a sense of humour

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
ahh.. i love the whole 'merge' taunt.. it's water off a ducks back for most of us..

to help forum members better understand the difference, please send $99.95 to my off shore bank account & i will be sure* to send you the below software to install on your pc

joint%20venture.jpg

*maybe**

** actually, no. i won't.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'd hardly call the Dragons a joint venture... the Wests Tigers are a far better example. The St George side provides everything except the juniors and WIN Stadium tbh.

Gaba

First Grade
I'd hardly call the Dragons a joint venture... the Wests Tigers are a far better example. The St George side provides everything except the juniors and WIN Stadium tbh.
Thats where you are confused with merger and joint venture

tigers are the example of a merger 50% , both clubs do 50%

the dragons work like a joint venture ,

Last edited:

Bulldog Force

Referee
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Difference_between_joint_ventures_and_mergers_acquisitions

Basically, a joint venture is when two or more companies make an agreement to do business in one specific area. They can share the insurance, shipping and liability costs and produce higher profits. It is usually a short lived collaboration.
A merger is when two companies come together to form a single company. They combine their respective resources. Sometimes there are losses of jobs, but not all. Those decisions are specified in the merger contract well in advance of the deal.
An acquisition is when one company is buying and taking over another. If it is friendly, often the seller can stipulate who keeps their job and so forth. If it is unfriendly, the company taking over gets to make all the final decisions. They cannot take away benefits already earned.

Bulldog Force

Referee
http://www.dragons.com.au/default.a...ounce-squads-for-mercury-challenge-v-bulldogs

Dragons Announce Squads for Mercury Challenge

Mercury Challenge 1st half
NRL v Bulldogs
Saturday, Feb 20 2010
7.35pm

1. Darius Boyd
2. Brett Morris
3. Peni Tagive
4. Matt Cooper
5. Jason Nightingale
6. Jamie Soward
7. Ben Hornby
8. Matt Prior
9. Nathan Fien
10. Michael Weyman
11. Jeremy Smith
12. Ben Creagh
13. Dean Young
14. Jon Green
15. Ricky Thorby
20. Trent Merrin

Mercury Challenge 2nd half
NRL v Bulldogs
Saturday, Feb 20 2010
8.25pm
1. Bronx Goodwin
2. Michael Lett
3. Peni Tagive
4. Nick Emmett
5. Joe Vickery
6. Kyle Stanley
7. Beau Henry
8. Jarrod Saffy
9. Luke Priddis
10. Michael Greenfield
11. Jake Marketo
12. Scott Jones
13. Dan Hunt
14. Jon Green
15. Ricky Thorby
16. Jack Bosden
17. Trent Merrin
18. Junior Paulo

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Wish I could get down for it, but double booked f**k it.

Will be in a corporate box in Rd 2 though. Safe from the bottle hurlers if Sowie gets axed whilst trying to make a tackle again like Cheat Eastwood did last year.............

God-King Dean

Immortal
Will be in a corporate box in Rd 2 though. Safe from the bottle hurlers if Sowie gets axed whilst trying to make a tackle again like Cheat Eastwood did last year.............

That f**kwit Eastwood. Just running along, trying his hardest & BAM! Thug Eastwood knees him right in the testicles.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
LOL! Got a good laugh out of me Dean.

Strong first half team from the Dragons. Again, I just want our boys to come out injury free. I don't care if we loose. Please, no injuries!

Wobbygong

First Grade
Even though the full strength dogs side got run down by the dragons second XIII in that second half, some consolation is that the fat slow merkin in the centres for the doggies with the bitch tits played ok apparently :lol:

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Just a trial Ridders. Both teams should hit the ground running based on what I've read. Two games against you guys in the first ten rounds - how good is that.

What was also good was full strength Parra getting whaled on by Penrith tonight.

Ridders

Coach
Yeah, hopefully both teams come out of it injury free.

Can't wait to smash you guys when it matters ;-)

Last edited:

Slackboy72

Coach
Just 40 short days until we face the Dragons in our first match of 2010.

Trial match taking place at WIN Stadium Wollongong, Saturday Feb 20. It's time for some revenge!

Let's get talking, lineups, junior players to be blooded, tactics etc...

trial-cbystg2010.jpg

Referees: Shayne Hayne & Chris James
Sideline Officials: Russell Turner & Daniel Eastwood/Adam Gee
How's that revenge working out for you timmah?