What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial info

coolumsharkie

Referee
20180111_trialsmanly_hero2.jpg

CLUB NEWS

First trial locked in
Author
Sharks Media
Timestamp
Thu 11 Jan 2018, 12:36 PM
Share on social media
The young guns will get their chance to impress, while a few of the more experienced members of the squad will also be on show at the first trial of 2018 when the Sharks host the Manly Sea Eagles at Southern Cross Group Stadium on February 17.

With matches in Under 20’s, NSW Intrust Super Premiership and NRL to be conducted, fans can get an early footy-fix when the two traditional rivals take to the field.

The Sharks have trained with a squad of around 40 players throughout the summer and while coach Shane Flanagan has yet to reveal his trial team, most will be on show, with a handful of the new boys likely to get some game time.

The departure of Gerard Beale has opened a wing spot for the season-opener in Townsville in March, with the contenders such as Aaron Gray, Jesse Ramien, Sione Katoa, Edrick Lee and Josh Tuilagi certain to be keen to push for a place in team come round one.

A number of graduates from the 2017 Holden Cup Sharks such as Kyle Flanagan, Billy Magoulias, Daniel Vasquez, Briton Nikora, Blayke Brailey and Will Kennedy are also play in line for a game against senior opposition.

The kick off to the NRL trial will be at 7.30pm, with the NSW Cup match at 5.05pm and the Under-20 Jersey Flegg getting underway at 3.05.

Stay tuned to Sharks Media channels for ticketing information.

The Sharks will play a further trial against the Wests Tigers on February 24 at Campbelltown Stadium.

Ads

First Grade
Speaking of Gorman and Co......Geez the Sharks website and media has improved a lot since that nuffie Tapper f**kked off.
Slightly on topic and I know the nrl control the whole thing but f**k me the design of the new website is pathetic. Like a year 7 Wordpress assignment.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Im sorry, but the new website is f**king atrocious.

Yeah I understand why you think that but to me I don't care, so long as it's a clear and easy read. Anyways, a few more weeks of suntan lotion and sand up your arse and then it's back to the footy!!

Don't know what to think about the season ahead tbh, I do like the young prospects at the club at the moment. Reminds me of the Peachey, Rogers, Healey etc days a bit.

Quigs

Immortal
You guys need to get some forumers to make weekly appearances on your show. A bit like how sterlo has a different bloke on each week. I’d love to see the Frenz kick it off :smiley:

Have you ever chatted to the old prick. Crikey he sounds like Won Casey with a bad stutter. And that is when he is sober.

#1 best RL fan

Juniors
Here's an interesting thought exercise: does Val Holmes pick up the ball with correct technique? Correct technique is to approach the ball with your feet slightly to the side of it. Bend at the knees, and keep your body and hands low while using your hand to scoop the ball up smoothly. Your back hand scoops the ball into your front hand. I think he is not scooping the ball into his front hand correctly