What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial Team Announced

Shark

Bench
Booyah said:
BTW - Why oh why is Isemonger playing? The bloke is useless. I hope he can actually hold onto the ball this time and not spill it just as he crosses the try-line YET AGAIN.

Don't worry too much about Sam, Booyah. When he is fully fit, he's a top shelf player. I think his blunder dropping THAT ball was more to do with a lack of confidence through being out injured for so long.

Besides, he's one of the last threads of pre-Anderson DNA that the side has left. On that fact alone, he should stay in the side all year!

I'm worried about Bird at #6 though. I'd be putting Sullivan in there if Aitken isn't right to go.

Booyah

Bench
Shark said:
Booyah said:
BTW - Why oh why is Isemonger playing? The bloke is useless. I hope he can actually hold onto the ball this time and not spill it just as he crosses the try-line YET AGAIN.

Don't worry too much about Sam, Booyah. When he is fully fit, he's a top shelf player. I think his blunder dropping THAT ball was more to do with a lack of confidence through being out injured for so long.

Besides, he's one of the last threads of pre-Anderson DNA that the side has left. On that fact alone, he should stay in the side all year!

I have vivid memories of the Iceman from 2001 when he was setting the world on fire until the game against the Panthers. He was going Berko. I don't think since then I've ever seen him get back to that type of footy.

The most frustrating thing is that I know he can do it. I know he can be a great player. That's why I was so pissed off with his medocrity of last year and his butterfingers.

Special K

Coach
Foz said:
The main game is supposed to start at 7.30pm. Just wondering if there are any lower grade games on at all and if so what time do they start?
I don't know. I know the jim beam cup teams are playing the sharks first grade team, and the PL team is playing the 1st divvy(on the CC) teams.

Or so I have been told

PJ

First Grade
I've been told by the club there is a game starting at 5:30 or 5:45 and then the main game at 7:30

SadShark

Bench
Look, it's not such a bad thing to put Greg Bird in during the trials. That way Stuart Raper can see what we've been putting up with and decide what to do with the overated jumper grabber.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I'm sure that Bird will have a better season this year......and Reik for that matter

Both Newcastle and Penrith respectively were not happy to let them go...

lets see what Stu Raper can do for them rather than going on last seasons 'perfomances',I'm guessing we might be singin a different tune come April/May ;-)

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
coolumsharkie said:
I'm sure that Bird will have a better season this year......and Reik for that matter
I think he reicks already.

& I a msure that penrith were fairly happy to make way for the Lukes.

coolumsharkie

Referee
blacktip-reefy said:
coolumsharkie said:
I think he reicks already.

& I a msure that penrith were fairly happy to make way for the Lukes.

Vagana/ET influence = confidence in abilty

Foz

Bench
Thanks PJand Hulk.
I read an article in today's paper that says there is a game starting at 5.30pm. Didnt say who was playing though.
Stevo said he wasnt playing because he only started training again on Monday but the Sharks would take the trial seriously as they have a squad of 40 that has to be cut back to 25.

carinashark

First Grade
Bozz a is ok (although I would prefer Gibbo) but Bird! This is the year for Bird , deliver or ship out.
Carinashark