What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial team week 2 V Parra

betcats

Referee
I for one wait with great anticipation. When he debuted it seemed out of nowhere. There were guys that seemed well ahead of him. Ivan certainly knew his shit on that call. If he stays healthy he has a hell of a career ahead of him.

Yeah I hope we can keep him but I'm looking at what we have this year and it feels like eventually it's going to be him or JFH. You never know but it's going to be a serious juggling act managing our roster in a couple years, I'm assuming Bryce will be a fixture in our backrow for a long time.

Kilkenny

Coach
Yeah I hope we can keep him but I'm looking at what we have this year and it feels like eventually it's going to be him or JFH. You never know but it's going to be a serious juggling act managing our roster in a couple years, I'm assuming Bryce will be a fixture in our backrow for a long time.

Cap management is a very complex issue. Gus Gould has done an amazing job in locking up the majority of our top squad until 2019 and beyond. At the same time, such is the depth of our juniors, there is always going to be quality coming thru the ranks and therefore there will be some pain involved when players have to be released or not resigned.

If anyone has the time it is worth a look on wikipedia and reviews our squads from the time Gus Gould came to the club and where we are now. The quality and depth of our current squad is quite amazing in comparison to when he first arrived. The cynics may claim he has not achieved his five year plan but we really are in a good place in 2017 and for the next couple of seasons at least.

Everything about our club is in such good shape. From our juniors, academy thru to our NRL squad we really are in a good place.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
Yeo is quality. Reminds me of a young Ben Smith (who won a minor premiership at centre and lost a grand final to cheats at edge forward).
Hes better than any Eels player ever. Stop insulting him.

He will be a 5 time premiership winner in 5 years along with the rest of the Panthers squad.

Kilkenny

Coach
Isaah Yeo is a terrific player and I think someone who is going to be pressing for SOO selection, if not this year, then certainly next. He is the complete back rower, has all the attributes and offers the added bonus of being able to play in the outside backs if called upon.

Isaah Yeo is a terrific player and I think someone who is going to be pressing for SOO selection, if not this year, then certainly next. He is the complete back rower, has all the attributes and offers the added bonus of being able to play in the outside backs if called upon.

And he's quick! That solo try from dummy half that he scored against the goosters last season gave us a subtle reminder that he has speed to burn

GongPanther

Referee
I was going off his commentary. Why would Penrith's media staff know or care about what Parra were doing?

From the Penrith Twitter describing the moment,and the time of game play.

"71' Cleary's conversion goes in off the upright! Panthers lead 18-6"

Then...

"76' Match winding down here as both sides make major changes. Plenty of youngsters out there..."

https://twitter.com/PenrithPanthers

Scroll down a fair bit,it is there.

For me,I don't know what the hell really happened.

betcats

Referee

And he can play both sides of the field in the backrow or centres if needed unlike a lot of guys.

Munted

Bench
Guys this thread sucks can we get cracking on round 1 discussion vs the Dragons?
Yep, this thread is f**king f**ked.
Lets roll with dissing the Dragon merkins and talking up our chances! Go the Mighty Panthers!!!

Fangs

Coach
Haha yeah, I went looking for it the other day but it wasn't around. And I'm too green to be making new threads on this forum. Be the first mover Gong.

mxlegend99

Referee
The trial made it look like both teams had reason to be optimistic and that we were evenly matched.

We are evenly matched but neither has been impressive. Probably tge two most disappointing teams.