What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial team week 2 V Parra

franklin2323

Immortal
Dallen could of played the season with his injury. He also could of missed 6 weeks instead of 2. This is the sort of thing we stuffed up under Ronnie Palmer.

As for Whare on the wing I think he and Blake will take turns. There is no better hitter than Whare in the backs. I doubt very much we waste that skill. On the other hand in attack Waqa shits on Whare so that's better lined up like that

Dallen could of played the season with his injury. He also could of missed 6 weeks instead of 2. This is the sort of thing we stuffed up under Ronnie Palmer.

As for Whare on the wing I think he and Blake will take turns. There is no better hitter than Whare in the backs. I doubt very much we waste that skill. On the other hand in attack Waqa shits on Whare so that's better lined up like that

Shits on? No better centre in the comp at setting up his winger than Whare. Obviously very different players

hindy111

Post Whore

Whare is very good at finish an opportunity. A slight step with a handy flick. Blake is more explosive from mid field but 10 out with an overlap and Whare is great.

Hiku is a great YOUNG player. Dwz has potential but i havent seen heaps of improvement out of him. Sure Hiku isnt a jnr but he will shine.
I see it like this
1 Moylan
2 Hiku
3 Whare
4 Peachy
5 Blake

Once Dwz is back blake goes to centre and Peachy to bench.
If all fit and Mansour is back and Edwards is looking good id say Dwz or whare get a mid season transfer.
My tips for Dwz is parra or dogs.
Whare would be harder to move on u less regains form. But he was one of the better centres in the nrl when fit.

Hiku knockers he can cover 1 - 6 . His utility value makes him a guy you want in your top 17.

hindy111

Post Whore

Will be interesting to watch the eels and all there injuries under Ronnie.
I heard phil and ivan wanted to move moylan on but Ronnie said give ,e a season and ill build his body into a first grader, not sure the truth to this but not for Ronnie he was gone.
Parra players have dropped fat and gained muscle and looking very fit under Ronnie. So will be interesting to see if his techniques and injuries where just coincidence.

franklin2323

Immortal
Whare is very good at finish an opportunity. A slight step with a handy flick. Blake is more explosive from mid field but 10 out with an overlap and Whare is great.

Hiku is a great YOUNG player. Dwz has potential but i havent seen heaps of improvement out of him. Sure Hiku isnt a jnr but he will shine.
I see it like this
1 Moylan
2 Hiku
3 Whare
4 Peachy
5 Blake

Once Dwz is back blake goes to centre and Peachy to bench.
If all fit and Mansour is back and Edwards is looking good id say Dwz or whare get a mid season transfer.
My tips for Dwz is parra or dogs.
Whare would be harder to move on u less regains form. But he was one of the better centres in the nrl when fit.

Hiku knockers he can cover 1 - 6 . His utility value makes him a guy you want in your top 17.

Hiku is fine on the wing. Not sure if his style at FB suits us but he's fine there too. Poor defence at centre and 5/8th means he shouldn't play NRL in those positions

hindy111

Post Whore
Was soward playing inside him till rnd 11? And was Cartwright in his side?

If yes while Yeo and Wallace on other side then u fair to blame him .

hindy111

Post Whore
Cartwright for all the skills is a jersey grabber.
Id be tempted to go with Merrin,Yeo, JFH starting till he fixes his tackling style. For a big guy he just shirt grabs. Wont play origin like that.

soc123_au

Staff member
Blake is no good on the Wing Hindy. You cant move him from the centres. I also dont fathom why would go for a mid season release? Whare is off contract this year anyway. I'm not sure on DWZ, but I'm pretty sure he only goes for one year extensions. No value at all letting either go early. Its not like we would be looking to bring anyone in.

mxlegend99

Referee
Cartwright for all the skills is a jersey grabber.
Id be tempted to go with Merrin,Yeo, JFH starting till he fixes his tackling style. For a big guy he just shirt grabs. Wont play origin like that.
He wasn't jersey grabbing in the All Stars game. He had 19 tackles for zero misses and looked to be going in with force for bigger hits.

Too early to say he has improved yet. But early signs look like he has been working hard on his defence.

hindy111

Post Whore
Carty will always be beaten laterally from time to time. Hes a massive bloke and thats just how it is

Yeo is massive and a great defender. Cartwright seems to reach out to tackle with his arms rather then putting his shoulders into it at times. Defense can be fixed thou unless your physically to small.

betcats

Referee
Yeo is massive and a great defender. Cartwright seems to reach out to tackle with his arms rather then putting his shoulders into it at times. Defense can be fixed thou unless your physically to small.

He can tackle ive seen him put some good shots on, again its just application and laziness that leads to sticking an arm out. But Umina is right, for all of his gifts Carty just has poor lateral movement, hes got kinda short legs imo but I dunno if that's it. Yeo being big and a good defender is irrelevant, they have different body types. They measure lateral movement for nba players and draft prospects(not sure how) but they rank it somehow, funnily enough good lateral movement is good tell for a good defender in bball.

maple_69

Bench
Instead of defending between JFH and Blake at five eighth, Carty will be defending between Tamou (black hole) and Martin who looks like if nothing else, he will certainly be a very sound defensive five eighth, in the backrow. He'll need to improve his application and physicality but he's going to be in a much more forgiving position.

pandas

Juniors
I'm thinking about going along tonight but haven't been to Penrith Park for years as I live in the city and mainly go to games when the boys play closer to me. Important question: do they sell full strength beer there these days?