What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial vs Titans | Alice Springs

strider

Post Whore
Thanks ... I wasnt sure if tuha had had a run in newcastle (thats where he came to us from hey)

hindy111

Post Whore
1. Jamal Fogerty
2. Bureta Faraimo
3. George Jennings
4. Marata Niukora
5. Honeti Tuha
6. Troy Dargan
7. Jeff Robson
8. Tim Mannah
9. Isaac De Gois

10. Daniel Alvaro
11. Kelepi Tanginoa
12. Joseph Ualesi
13. David Gower
14. Kaysa Pritchard
15. Alex Twal
16. Jack Morris
17. Rory O'Brien
18. James Gammidge
19. Atini Gafa
20. Matt Woods
21. Dane Aukafolau

There your 3 guys who play first grade more then likely and will come out of this team.. But missing if all players fit and will feature in Wenty's top 17.
Will Smith,Folau,Schulte.Auavau,Hasson,King,Nelson,Terepo

84 Baby

Referee
1. Jamal Fogerty
2. Bureta Faraimo
3. George Jennings
4. Marata Niukora
5. Honeti Tuha
6. Troy Dargan
7. Jeff Robson
8. Tim Mannah
9. Isaac De Gois

10. Daniel Alvaro
11. Kelepi Tanginoa
12. Joseph Ualesi
13. David Gower
14. Kaysa Pritchard
15. Alex Twal
16. Jack Morris
17. Rory O'Brien
18. James Gammidge
19. Atini Gafa
20. Matt Woods
21. Dane Aukafolau

There your 3 guys who play first grade more then likely and will come out of this team.. But missing if all players fit and will feature in Wenty's top 17.
Will Smith,Folau,Schulte.Auavau,Hasson,King,Nelson,Terepo
That's actually a decent point. That's going to be a fair whack of NRL experience and hopefuls playing 3rd tier. King & Nelson replace IDG & Kaysa and Penis Torpedo for Mannah after suspension. So if everyone was uninjured/unsuspended how do you fit Fogarty/Dargan/Robson into 2 spots and then Burrito/Gennings/Niukore/Tuha/Smith/Folau/Schulte/Auvaa into 5? Plus there is still Hasson, Gammidge, Gafa, Woods, Aukafolau plus U20s you might want to play up

Gronk

Staff member
A crowd of 2207 does not bode well for NT sponsorship to be renewed.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
we didn't exactly send a strong team, most territorians have probabaly never heard pf most of those players

you cant really blame them

emjaycee

Coach
A crowd of 2207 does not bode well for NT sponsorship to be renewed.

Nearly 10% of the population.
How does that stack up against other regional trials I wonder.

Besides, the NT sponsorship is not about those that live in the NT and about attendance at the Alice trial or the Darwin game, it is about promoting the NT as a potential tourist destination. Value in the sponsorship comes from the coverage NT Tourism get on our jersey, website, etc., just like any other sponsorship.

forward pass

Coach
There's only 25k people in the Alice and we sent a bunch of NSW cup players. That's a solid crowd.

Yes - but there is f**k all to do in Alice Springs and very rare for them to see fairly major sporting events so you would think they would flock to see something like this. I would have thought this would be one of the biggest things happening in that town all year.

I reckon it was poor. Not as if the ground was packed either. Plenty of room.

phantom eel

First Grade
When I visited Alice 15 years ago tgey got 2.5K turning up for a free outdoor Richard Clapton concert!

I reckon more people would have turned up if only someone paid Jarryd his appearance fee.

Haynzy

First Grade
It'd be interesting to see a breakdown of locals to visitors who attended.
If the aim is tourism and the 2000 people in attendance were locals they might just move it to Darwin, especially if the Darwin game attracts a reasonable crowd.

They may also accept that with the heat the way it was in the weeks preceding, that the crowd was never going to be that great anyway.

emjaycee

Coach
It'd be interesting to see a breakdown of locals to visitors who attended.
If the aim is tourism and the 2000 people in attendance were locals they might just move it to Darwin, especially if the Darwin game attracts a reasonable crowd.

They may also accept that with the heat the way it was in the weeks preceding, that the crowd was never going to be that great anyway.

I think the aim of the sponsorship is tourism, not the aim of the game in the Alice (or in Darwin for that matter).
Part of the sponsorship deal however is that the club give something back by way of promoting rugby league and they do that by school visits, clinics, etc. in both Alice Springs and Darwin in the week preceding each game.

Haynzy

First Grade
I think the aim of the sponsorship is tourism, not the aim of the game in the Alice (or in Darwin for that matter).
Part of the sponsorship deal however is that the club give something back by way of promoting rugby league and they do that by school visits, clinics, etc. in both Alice Springs and Darwin in the week preceding each game.

That's cool.
In my work I usually get out to the APY Lands a bit. A year or so ago I went to a little community called Imanpa and there was a heap of Parra stuff hanging up in a class room in the school. The staff said that the team had been out there and visited the school and community, encouraging kids to be healthy and go to school regularly. I was pretty chuffed to see it.