What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trials question.

SirShire

First Grade
I hope they try something with Dale Newton. Just the man we need out in the middle when the abuse and the punches start flying :D

BB2 was that the Saturday 730 game at Shark Park that ended up in a 16-16 draw?

If so, that was one of the most drunken nights of my life. It was absolutely ridiculous just how drunk I got.

imasharkie

Coach
ShireShark said:

If so, that was one of the most drunken nights of my life. It was absolutely ridiculous just how drunk I got.
No I don't think so SS. I'm pretty sure tigers won this game. I remember blocker reveiwing the match the next day and said the linesman should be sacked because the best team lost that night and his beloverred tigers didn't deserve to win and I think it was that bloke farrer who used to play with westys who was on the line.

Biscuits

Juniors
coolumsharkie said:
Tigers are on the way up

Souths Manly and maybe NQ are the only teams you dont have to worry about too much this as the comp is tighter than last year I reckon!

Get ready for the shock of your life. Manly are in for a much improved year. We might miss out on the semis but if we do it will only be by a spot or 2. We are definately on the way up.

ali

Bench
blueboatboy2 said:
ShireShark said:

No I don't think so SS. I'm pretty sure tigers won this game. I remember blocker reveiwing the match the next day and said the linesman should be sacked because the best team lost that night and his beloverred tigers didn't deserve to win and I think it was that bloke farrer who used to play with westys who was on the line.

Probably the most frustrating game I've ever seen. Besides for the Geoff Bell foot on the line incident, we blew about a thousand chances. Then the only time Balmain got into our half in the second half, Joel Caine potted a field goal from about 40 out. I wish I'd been as smashed as Shire Shark and couldn't remember it.

imasharkie

Coach
Biscuits said:
coolumsharkie said:
Tigers are on the way up

Souths Manly and maybe NQ are the only teams you dont have to worry about too much this as the comp is tighter than last year I reckon!

Get ready for the shock of your life. Manly are in for a much improved year. We might miss out on the semis but if we do it will only be by a spot or 2. We are definately on the way up.
I went to the trial game they played against the cowboys and on that form they will beat only rabbits this season

imasharkie

Coach
ShireShark said:
What year did it happen in, and where etc?

I must be thinking of a different game against the Tiges
That game SS was played at cronulla on a saturday night a few years ago..was when blocker worked on nine and he did the review on footy show on sunday morning.

Biscuits

Juniors
blueboatboy2 said:
Biscuits said:
coolumsharkie said:
Tigers are on the way up

I went to the trial game they played against the cowboys and on that form they will beat only rabbits this season

Please forgive me if i am wrong but didnt you admit to being a little bit under the weather and leaving at half-time or there abouts. The Cowboys did get off to a flyer against us but our second have was reportedly much better and we didnt let them in for another try and managed to get a draw. We absolutely gave it to Souths (no claim to fame) in our next trial and they only scored one try through an intercept. If craigie doesnt take that intercept we score again.
Thats 1 try our defence has let in in 120 minutes of footy. That sort of thing is a rarity in trial games where players are run on and off the field and the defensive line can become a bit confused. Defence has been our major problem over the last few years and it appears Manly have worked hard on it and made some great improvement. I am quietly confident about our prospects this year.

Right I see
Cos I was right about 2002, we won 36-30 first time around, though it wasnt our first home game, then the second game at Campbelltown we won 34-18, which sounded more convincing than it actually was.

In 2001 we had a 16-16 draw at Cronulla, horrible game, and I got horribly drunk. The second time around it was 36-12 at Leichhardt.

If Blocker was still on 9, it must have been well before then. I'll keep looking...

imasharkie

Coach
Biscuits you're absolutly correct I was slightly intoxicated but I talked to other people the next day who went to the game in cairns and they said the cowboys replaced a lot of their players in the secound half.

In 1999
44-0
then
46-0
both wins to us

Looks like I've found it

Cronulla 2t 1g 10 Balmain 2t 1g 1fg 11 Endeavour 18-Apr-1998 B.Harrigan 16598

Biscuits

Juniors
blueboatboy2 said:
Absolutly correct I was slightly intoxicated but I talked to other people the next day who went to the game in cairns and they said the cowboys replaced a lot of their players in the secound half.

Fair enough, but it is a bit hard to judge a teams prospects from the first half of their first trial especially in the heat of FNQ.We were also missing a few players,some of them our better players like Walker, Hoppa and Randall. I think Manly will make a few sides sit up an take notice this year.

imasharkie

Coach
Biscuits said:
blueboatboy2 said:
Absolutly correct I was slightly intoxicated but I talked to other people the next day who went to the game in cairns and they said the cowboys replaced a lot of their players in the secound half.

Fair enough, but it is a bit hard to judge a teams prospects from the first half of their first trial especially in the heat of FNQ.We were also missing a few players,some of them our better players like Walker, Hoppa and Randall. I think Manly will make a few sides sit up an take notice this year.
Walker definetly played.....he played fullback and yes I agree Biscuits it was a stinking hot night.

imasharkie

Coach
God damn it SS...Rebecca's on channel 7 at the moment as she was this morning and her new favourite word for someone who can't tackle is....."turnstile" wonder where she got that

Biscuits

Juniors
Just because he ran the water doesnt mean he cant coach. He coached our reserve grade side to one game from the GF in 01 and was also Goulds assistant last year. I suppose he is a bit of an unknown but he cant be any worse than Sharp.
You guys hired one of the most experienced coaches in the game and that didnt help you guys. You now have a bloke with a famous name that could only manage 10 first grade games as a player. That name should have got him at least 30. Your bloke hasnt coached first grade in sydney either. At least we have one of the fittest and most experienced players the game has seen controlling our fortunes. He also has Fulton as an advisor and Cleal on his staff. Cleal has coached a pommy side to a championship, sme as Ando and Raper.

Latest posts