What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tribunal Washup

kiwiperth

Juniors
This is an extract.

"The tackle that sent the Sharks first grade side out of the finals was deemed by the video review committee to be a minor grade one careless. This is the lowest high tackle grading available under the WARL (NRL based) points system. The player had been sent off in the first 10 minutes of the first half after no warnings and had been on a hightackle charge from the referee.
The club after consultation with the player has decided to take an early guity plead and cop the 45 points. This does not incur a suspension of any type .
Two Sharks players have fronted the tribunial tonight after supposely expressing their feelings about the send off towards the match officials.

Luke Frost - 4 weeks
Freddy Purcell - 11 weeks.
Both for acting outside the ARL code of conduct."

Watching the game on the weekend I was amazed that the referee would send a player off for a first offence, 10mins into a semi final. I know alot of people are bewildered, and now being charged with the lowest high tackle charge possible?
It killed my watching experience on the weekend, and what would have been a great game. I'm not saying South Perth would not have won, they were playing great football and may have kicked on in any case, but the fact remains that it destroyed what would have been a great semi final.

West Magpie.

Juniors
Does it matter. No player should have a go at a referee.

However the send off was a minor offence. Ruin a game that should have added to the great season the WARL had and also ruin the game for everyone.

smvdriver

Juniors
The sent off player recieved 43 carry over points and no suspension, the same referee sent a Rockingham player off two weeks previously in the last round game against Joondalup. I reckon a shark must have bit him once!!