What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tristan Sailor

j0nesy

Bench
The pathways program needs an over hall. I believe the introduction of the following measures would make a difference:

Form a pathways committee chaired by Mark Coyne with Millward and Mary as members and various player mentors as advisors.

Then plot a pathways course for those players identified as potential first graders by this committee. This committee to meet each month mainly to update the progress and time-line targets.

In this way both Mary and Millward have ownership of pathway decisions and Coyne, as chairman is the facilitator. Ex-Australian greats such as Cooper, Johns etc. could be hired as mentors.
Agree with this suggestion. I reckon this committee should also select all 3 squads each week.

You are still wrong the NSW Cup is a developing squad this year it was always going to be that way after key players left the squad last year.

Most of the younger players are in their first full year of senior football ie Herbert and the results have been up and down but that was to be expected.

They lost a very good coach and some very established players in Wakeman, Sironen and a few others.

Head is also in his first full season of coaching at a more senior level and he has made mistakes but he is no worse then Mary.

When I say developing I am not talking about the likes of Mose, Marketo and co as most of them should have been moved on already and hopefully they are.

Thompson, Herbert, Robson, Leilua and Host will benefit or should I say are benefiting from playing at that level mind you a feeder club imo isn't what the Dragons really need and I hope it changes sooner then later.

SaintPauli

Juniors
You know this, I know this, why in hell can't the Board see this.
Because we are a development club. Havent you guys heard Doust say this a dozen times ! Its about the NRL and other clubs benefitting not the Dragons. We're not a selfish look out for themselves club like Melbourne Broncos Roosters and Lately Sharks who have all had recent overwhelming success. TIME TO LOOK AFTER OURSELVES AND GET MANAGEMENT WHO HAVE THE e.g. MELBOURNE SETUP MENTALITY.

getsmarty

Immortal
Because we are a development club. Havent you guys heard Doust say this a dozen times ! Its about the NRL and other clubs benefitting not the Dragons. We're not a selfish look out for themselves club like Melbourne Broncos Roosters and Lately Sharks who have all had recent overwhelming success. TIME TO LOOK AFTER OURSELVES AND GET MANAGEMENT WHO HAVE THE e.g. MELBOURNE SETUP MENTALITY.

Great suggestion...When do we get a new board and new coaching staff so that we can compete with the clubs mentioned.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
I genuinely believe you've hit the nail on the head Lifes Good. Also, good summation Get Smarty. I didn't say the boys were bad, just not shining. Worst mistake was letting Demetriou leave imo. I can say with confidence that Mary felt threatened by him. JD would be preparing these young fellas a lot better than Head currently is.
Your words in all honesty I can't spot a rising star in our ranks sounds very much like they are ordinary you can't have it both ways drag..I personally think we have a truck load of very promising future stars unfortunately mcanchor is holding any go forward for these same stars .

getsmarty

Immortal
Sailor named in Queensland 20s Emerging Squad
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Fri 22 Dec 2017, 10:00 AM

St George Illawarra utility Tristan Sailor has been named in the Queensland Under-20s Emerging Origin camp ahead of the January camp.

Justin Hodges will take charge of the 26-man squad, the former Maroons great heading up the high performance camp at the Queensland Academy of Sport training facilities.

There are 10 members of the Queensland Under-20s side who narrowly lost to New South Wales in their annual representative clash earlier this year at Suncorp Stadium, including Sailor.

2018 Queensland Under-20s Emerging Origin squad

Corey Allan – Brisbane Broncos
Nathan Barrett – NQ Cowboys
Logan Bayliss - NQ Cowboys
Eddie Blacker – Brisbane Broncos
AJ Brimson – Gold Coast Titans
Gerome Burns – Brisbane Broncos
Pat Carrigan – Brisbane Broncos
Michael Carroll – NQ Cowboys
Jake Clifford – NQ Cowboys
Tom Flegler – Brisbane Broncos
Louis Geraghty – Melbourne Storm
Harry Grant – Melbourne Storm
J'maine Hopgood – Penrith Panthers
Corey Horsburgh – Canberra Raiders
Sam Johnstone – South Sydney Rabbitohs
Lachlan Lam – Sydney Roosters
Tom Mikaele – Wests Tigers
Ronaldo Mulitalo – Cronulla Sharks
Apiata Noema – Gold Coast Titans
Tristan Sailor – St George Illawarra Dragons
Gehamat Shibasaki – Brisbane Broncos
Tom Skinner – Penrith Panthers
Murray Taulagi – NQ Cowboys
Enari Tuala- NQ Cowboys
Kurt Wiltshire – NQ Cowboys
Brent Woolf – Brisbane Broncos

Emerging Origin Program history
The QAS Emerging Program was established in January, 2001 by Wayne Bennett to assist talented athletes and coaches achieve excellence. Kevin Walters is the coach of what is now referred to as the Emerging Origin program, and oversees its operation; with each squad given expert coaching and support by experienced staff.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/12/22/sailor-named-in-queensland-20s-emerging-squad/

red rocket

Juniors
Sailor named in Queensland 20s Emerging Squad
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Fri 22 Dec 2017, 10:00 AM

St George Illawarra utility Tristan Sailor has been named in the Queensland Under-20s Emerging Origin camp ahead of the January camp.

Justin Hodges will take charge of the 26-man squad, the former Maroons great heading up the high performance camp at the Queensland Academy of Sport training facilities.

There are 10 members of the Queensland Under-20s side who narrowly lost to New South Wales in their annual representative clash earlier this year at Suncorp Stadium, including Sailor.

2018 Queensland Under-20s Emerging Origin squad

Corey Allan – Brisbane Broncos
Nathan Barrett – NQ Cowboys
Logan Bayliss - NQ Cowboys
Eddie Blacker – Brisbane Broncos
AJ Brimson – Gold Coast Titans
Gerome Burns – Brisbane Broncos
Pat Carrigan – Brisbane Broncos
Michael Carroll – NQ Cowboys
Jake Clifford – NQ Cowboys
Tom Flegler – Brisbane Broncos
Louis Geraghty – Melbourne Storm
Harry Grant – Melbourne Storm
J'maine Hopgood – Penrith Panthers
Corey Horsburgh – Canberra Raiders
Sam Johnstone – South Sydney Rabbitohs
Lachlan Lam – Sydney Roosters
Tom Mikaele – Wests Tigers
Ronaldo Mulitalo – Cronulla Sharks
Apiata Noema – Gold Coast Titans
Tristan Sailor – St George Illawarra Dragons
Gehamat Shibasaki – Brisbane Broncos
Tom Skinner – Penrith Panthers
Murray Taulagi – NQ Cowboys
Enari Tuala- NQ Cowboys
Kurt Wiltshire – NQ Cowboys
Brent Woolf – Brisbane Broncos

Emerging Origin Program history
The QAS Emerging Program was established in January, 2001 by Wayne Bennett to assist talented athletes and coaches achieve excellence. Kevin Walters is the coach of what is now referred to as the Emerging Origin program, and oversees its operation; with each squad given expert coaching and support by experienced staff.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/12/22/sailor-named-in-queensland-20s-emerging-squad/
He
Or he will in fear his son will never get an opportunity with McHandbrake as coach. Dell is a huge Bennett fan as well!!
In two years time when this kid is ready for first grade Mary won't be coach and Bennett will be retired