What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Troll Dump thread

ANTiLAG

First Grade
You confident of beating the Aussies Antilag?

Well I am not playing.

But with New Zealand with Taylor, Boult and Southee injured?

Gawd no.

And we're probably playing BMac who has not played any cricket for some time now, to boot. I have no idea who will play 6 in the tests - maybe Corey Anderson. I'd only be keen on that if he smacks a lot of runs in the ODIs.

A lot of NZ cricket fans have remained upset since Boult was originally injured. It is like a Kiwis rugby league team losing Shaun Johnson. What made it all the more worse for test cricket purists, it was during a "JAMODI". I had no issue with him playing the "JAMODI" at that time but it has been a cruel blow.

I'm not even sure that Guptill will perform in the tests. Limited overs I think he will get a score in one, if not two of the games. I think he can get some runs in the test if he attacks Australian bowlers, but I am not sure that he will.

But without a fit Boult and a firing Southee, NZ will struggle to bowl Australia out in the limited overs matches, that means big scores, and without Ross Taylor, current ICC XI batsman, that will be all the more difficult to compete with.

Last edited:

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Nice meltdown mate but south Africa absolutely annihilated you guys. We've actually won test matches there.

Yeah Trent bridge was a bit embarrassing but your tour of south Africa was all Trent bridge all series.

For all the mockery of Australia as home town heroes they win on the road as often an anyone. They just also win at home the most

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Nice meltdown mate but south Africa absolutely annihilated you guys. We've actually won test matches there.

Yeah Trent bridge was a bit embarrassing but your tour of south Africa was all Trent bridge all series.

For all the mockery of Australia as home town heroes they win on the road as often an anyone. They just also win at home the most

While losing badly in the UAE and England.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I didn't say Australia was invincible away from home. Just that they win away as often as anyone ? are these not the facts Antilag.

Heck we might lose in NZ. NZ are also pretty good at home. They have the second best record after Australia iirc since 2012. I just think Australias struggles overseas are slightly exaggerated because we perform as good as any test side on the road.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Yep

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...2012;spanval1=span;template=results;type=team

NZ have a really good home record. Only wrecked by the weather (although I can't be arsed looking up the details of all those draws...like who was on top)

I can be arsed.

A couple of those draws are memorable. Mostly for KW magic.

In one test, SA was on top. KW batted the final day. Took a hammering from Steyn & Co. Got hit in the body. Gutsed it out.

England's Matt Prior managed to save England from losing a series by batting over 2 sessions on the final day. KW spun 2 wickets in the final session to get NZ to brink of victory. England finished 9 wickets down and hung on. KW took 4-44 and was underbowled.

BMac's tripple century match v India left India needing 450 in the 4th innings. They never had enough time to get the runs. And the West Indies escaping with a draw can only put down to really poor weather information. NZ batted for 30 overs only needing 112 runs. Finished on 76 runs (with Corey Anderson 20 off 43 and Taylor 16 off 63). Rain was forecast, but hit earlier than expected.

Two further wash outs against England, 1-1 as to who was on top. And a test v South Africa where a 400 chase was in the balance. SA favourites but NZ openers failed but Taylor (48 off 68) and McCullum (58 off 90) both set as NZ was 2 wickets down and going for the chase. They were not blocking.

South Africa deserved their series win. It was the old New Zealand under Ross Taylor and pre-Boult dominance. But it is when Kane Williamson won the respect of NZ fans, and the belief that he would develop as a player at test level began. He had a free pass in selection after that. He then went to Sri Lanka the next year, showed his skill again, and then from 2014 cashed in as one of the world's leading batsmen.

England was bloody fortunate to get a drawn series. They were outplayed for most of the three matches. It could have easily been 2-1 to NZ, if not better. That is the only series result adversely effected by bad weather.

Last edited:

Tommy Smith

Referee
It's funny because even when we go good our crowds are relatively quiet. Like at the scg the crowd was about 70 percent Australian but even when we were going good the Indian fans are just louder.
Australians just don't make much noise at sporting events.

I suspect it's the laid back culture.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Australians just don't make much noise at sporting events.

I suspect it's the laid back culture.

Australians make noise, even in the moments silence often of late at Origin games, but you poms sing. And sing well. Sometimes with funny lyrics. And seat dance.

Looks like you're having a riot on a cloudy day in a dull test match in Yorkshire.

Last edited:

Tommy Smith

Referee
I suspect its because we actually want to watch the game we paid money to see.

Not pay to dance around and sing like some f**kwit that has dropped 3 dingas
My point exactly.

It's a cultural thing that you could never understand. You're probably too busy chanting "YOU ARE A WANKER!" at the cricket to appreciate a real sporting atmosphere.

100s of millions of people around the world love to sing, cheer AND watch the sport. It's a party atmosphere. I know many Australians who appreciate this.

But you like to just sit there in silence. Like you're at a cinema. Or occasionally resort to humourless abuse. What riotous company you must be :D

Latest posts