What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tui being lured away?

vvvrulz

Coach
Well Cappy is harping on about how the 6 jersey is Tui's next season, so why not give him a crack there this year? Thomas might even be better suited for Tevaga's new role of 'small back rower with big shoulders'.

JJ

Immortal
Well Cappy is harping on about how the 6 jersey is Tui's next season, so why not give him a crack there this year? Thomas might even be better suited for Tevaga's new role of 'small back rower with big shoulders'.
yeah, smart move though, make Tui less disillusioned, and create disillusion in Hingano

Tui's future really isn't in the halves with us, unless they are looking to move Johnson - it's centre, perhaps wing, or as seems now bench utility - he's committed to a couple of years of purgatory now...

JJ

Immortal
That might well be true, but not my view of what should happen - then again I am not the coach...

As someone else said, I don't recall any premiership winning team with two halves playing sideways helter-skelter unstructured league - where teams have had one player of that nature (Tigers were the obvious one with Benji) they had a structured half (Scott Prince) to balance it out - and once Prince left they never won anything... others have had running 5/8 (Inglis at Melbourne) but he is quite a different beast to Johnson/Tui...

Will be interesting, but I find it hard to believe they'll be a winning combination - Johnson is what he is, and wont change now - Tui looks even less like the game manager... kind of why I thought Robson would go ok - that didn't work, but Johnson didn't really find any form until Robson was ditched anyway, so it might have worked had Johnson got the memo about when the season actually starts

i dont see the point of creating a new halves pairing of tui and SJ this far along in the season when we are clinging to the 8. that will take a few weeks to develope which we cant really afford. tuis time will come (and it wont be in the halves) until then he needs to fill a role whats best for the team and if thats getting 15 - 20 minutes a game then so be it. these days it seems all the young kids surround themselves these day with people throwing smoke up their ass saying they are superstars when really they have done f**k all in the game. Tui to his credit hasnt come out and said anything stupid in the media. but all the people in the media that are external to the team eg lara pitt, matty johns put their 2 cents in and the media run with it

Blair

Coach
Yeah, R&S, Lolohea seems to have his head screwed on right in regard to the 'superstar' thing.

OK, Tui is named on the bench for this Saturday but does the coach have a firm idea when he'll bring him on? When we start falling behind and need him to spark something? When we're ahead and Tui could kill them off? When it's even-stevens and he could be the game-breaker?

Leber

Bench
For those who think tui isnt a half and he wont play there next year..... What do you propose should happen?

You can't throw a debutant in for a whole season - it'll kill him. Plus its debatable if hingano is ready yet (dudes still young)

Lino isn't up to it. Erin clark and CNK are nowhere near ready.

We gunna buy another half?

TheDMC

Bench
Dont think we have much of an option ... Tui to halves next year...Hingano some time there too obviously. Not now at the pointy end of the season though.

Might suck bulls, might come off. Not exactly a dearth of quality halves to poach anyhow so give it a crack Nigel.

Meth

Staff member
Utility Tuimoala Lolohea has a message for everyone who has been questioning his future with the Vodafone Warriors this week.

Before flying to Canberra via Sydney with the NRL side today, the 21-year-old underlined his passion for his club by telling Vodafone Warriors TV: "I'm loving it here at the club. I want to be here forever actually.

"I see this as my home and I'm fortunate to be here. I've been here since I was 15 and I just want to get back on the field and play some footy."

Lolohea's appearance against the Canberra Raiders on Saturday will be his 43rd since head coach Andrew McFadden handed him his debut at the age of 19 as Vodafone Warrior No 192 against Manly in July, 2014.

"I have been frustrated (with reduced game time recently) but at the end of the day Cappy makes the final decision," he said.

"He thought it was the right decision to stay with the players on the field (against Manly). They were doing a good job and the big boys were going forward. I respect his decision.

"I will get through this having a positive mind-set and I know I'm going to come out a better footy player.

"The boys who are playing first grade at the moment are playing well and it’s also good that we have competition and we're fighting for spots. That's the most important thing."

Lolohea has appeared in 16 of the Vodafone Warriors' 17 games so far this season, scoring four tries to lift his career total to 15.

Meth

Staff member
Pretty impressive that so many believe the PR tbh...

I think people want to believe the PR.

In any event, I feel like we've heard this story more than once. I really hope Tui doesn't become the new Konnie.

Latest posts