What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tui Lolohea

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
looks the same player he was at Warriors. Has a loose carry, runs hard... has a loose carry. and hurts himself when being tackled...
That was a good upset. Titans clear underdogs. If Hurrell doesnt break through of the unders which led to a try, Titans dont win. Agree with poor ball handling but its not every week, I dont think.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
It's all good to bag someone for underperforming, but to laugh at him floundering in R/G watching his career fade away, that's different altogether.
Were a bit too harsh on our own, including myself. However, I never wish them crap going forward. Any player from NZ I wish them the best from a player to a player. I give Tui crap but I hope he goes on to better things and the same for Hurrell, Elijah whoever who is still trying their best in their job.

Im not sure who will be the next batch to be tortured lol, could it be Hingano, Lino etc...

It was about this time last year that Tui was praised as an outside back. Interesting to observe his career over the year.

Last edited:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
He doesn't walk into the Tigers... not yet anyway, or unless Cleary just wants him

I doubt Ivan would want him as Brooks' halves partner, that wouldn't work at all.

Whoever takes Tui needs to explain to him he's not FG standard yet and that he's a longish-term project they're willing to mould into a proper player. Probably as a FB. If he's going to sook about not being a starter, he may as well go to the UK or Japan Rugby because they're the only places he'll command it. If he wants to be an NRL player, he needs to take relative unders and go play under a decent coach who sees him in long-term plans. And accept that may not be as a halve. I can't see one club who would be wise to sign Tui to play in their match-day 17,even the Knights.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I doubt Ivan would want him as Brooks' halves partner, that wouldn't work at all.

Whoever takes Tui needs to explain to him he's not FG standard yet and that he's a longish-term project they're willing to mould into a proper player. Probably as a FB. If he's going to sook about not being a starter, he may as well go to the UK or Japan Rugby because they're the only places he'll command it. If he wants to be an NRL player, he needs to take relative unders and go play under a decent coach who sees him in long-term plans. And accept that may not be as a halve. I can't see one club who would be wise to sign Tui to play in their match-day 17,even the Knights.
Tui has been an outside back for us and if there is one thing we've all agreed on, is that he is NOT an outside back. We seen it time and time and time again. You just have to check the threads to see that he is not an outside back. Lacks the strength in the skill sets.

He could do well in ESL as an outside back but I think he could do well over there in the halves as well considering some of the dull and robotic halves they do have in ESL. He didn't do too well as a last minute replacement in the halves for us a few weeks back but he wasn't too bad either. I think ESL is where he should go.

Iron Lion

Juniors
You put Lolohea at the Broncos, Storm or Sharks and he would be a very very good player. At the warriors with our previous limp wristed coaches Lolohea suffered and went backwards.

Lolohea is an outstanding talent and at the right club would be a star. Unfortunately the Warriors previous and maybe current set up is simply failing him.

JJ

Immortal
You put Lolohea at the Broncos, Storm or Sharks and he would be a very very good player. At the warriors with our previous limp wristed coaches Lolohea suffered and went backwards.

Lolohea is an outstanding talent and at the right club would be a star. Unfortunately the Warriors previous and maybe current set up is simply failing him.
he's an ok talent, no Brad Fittler

TheDMC

Bench
I'm sure he will be a good NRL player with good coaching and the right team. I'm not sure what position, but I am sure its not going to happen at the warriors.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Haha, not happening. Ivan is far too smart to pair Tui with Brooks and thinks that'll work at NRL level. Nor would he pay him $600k, and he's already told Moses he's required until season's end (a player whose been great the last couple of weeks). And Tui 'starred' on the wing not five-eighth in ressies. None of that article stacks up at all, plus it's some wordpress blog or whatever. No way that happens.

Fox reporting Te Maire Martin will go back to the Tigs instead. Makes much more sense. I'm sure a coach who made finals with Witt/Rovelli can get it done with Brooks/Martin.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Actually the Fox article says they are interested in Tui too. That would be bloody surprising to me, we all see a guy whose completely unsuited to the halves and he's nowhere like any halve Ivan has coached (Witt, Rovelli, SJ, Maloney, Seymour, Soward, Wallace etc). Still think it's rubbish. Hope the Ben to Wests at 700k a season is
too but I believe it.

Meth

Staff member

McFadden's coaching has obviously impacted on his career, but it's at the point now where it seems just about irretrievable. It doesn't matter where you put him, he looks shit

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I kind of like jases idea of swapping Tui for Seumanufagai. Trade in inconsistency for the consistent Ava. You know what you're going to get with Ava. Also Ava fills a void in that our pack lacks a big brother and Tui is surplus to requirements. Ava doesn't injure too often so he's quite hard, Im basing that on him always playing. Warriors should really look at that.