What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tui Lolohea

jaseg

Juniors
Did I suggest that swap? (genuine question... I don't remember, I may well have)

Ava is off contract at the end of the year - they may lose him (to us?) anyway. Tui isn't off contract until end of 2018 - a mid-season swap would give them Tui 1.5 seasons early, but only lose Ava 0.5 seasons early. They might consider it, if they actually want Tui - we'd have no reason to release him early otherwise.

I have a feeling they'll go elsewhere for a 6 though, and move Nofoaluma to fullback. The Tui->Tigers rumour feels more like 2+2=5 rumour-mongering than anything based in reality. There may have even been inquiries from the Tigers so they know their options, but that doesn't mean they're seriously considering a move for Tui.

As far as middles go this year for us, I'd be happy if they gave Pat Sipley a run this season. Not desperate for Ava this year - though we definitely need a prop (or two if we're losing Ben, three if Ben & Lillyman are going - Jake playing well though, I would look to retain him on a year to year basis) for next season.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Did I suggest that swap? (genuine question... I don't remember, I may well have)
I went to dig up your post history and I picked page 10 and scrolled down and then I just gave up. I think you mentioned it last year and it just resurfaced when I was watching the Tigers the other day.

JJ

Immortal
Tigers have signed Josh Reynolds and Ben Matulino - so I guess would only be interested in Tui now as a depth signing or outside back - think Ivan's smarter than that tbh

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Word going around that Lolohea will be gone in a couple of weeks, replacing Moses this year and the moving to fullback next year.

gordynz

Juniors
Yup. Don't think the Tigers fans realize what they're in for. They seem to rate him very highly.

I'm a Tigers fan just as much as I am a Warriors fan and I'm pleased to see him get another chance but he's got a lot to work on. He has crazy potential but he's far too inconsistent and whether that's due to moving all over the backline, i'm not sure, but you can't just ignore the talent. If you watch the highlights of the game versus the Roosters last year that went to Golden Point, he won that for us. I know all the haters will say, "well look at how many games he's lost us", but he can win you matches with his skills and if you're Ivan, you're looking at all those positives in hope that you can subtract some of those negatives. Remember, he is only 22 years old and still rather inexperienced, the kid deserves another chance...

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Good luck to him and his second chance, happy for it not to be at the Warriors.

Being physically gifted is very different to being talented. All the talent won't make a difference until he hardens up both physically and mentally.

Meth

Staff member
"Wests Tigers and Canberra are eager to sign the versatile 22-year-old with North Queensland, Newcastle and South Sydney also interested in the one test Kiwis international."

Penrose_11

Juniors
Yes quality coaching is what he needs. Ivan is known for his structure and this can only benefit Tui. Hope he does well. Just needs to improve on his attitude and he will improve leaps and bounds.

do u guys not think Kearney is a quality coach. reason i ask is tui had the first 4 rounds in first grade to cement himself. hardly set the world on fire, which i dont see being kearneys fault this year. mcfaddens in the past yes but not kearneys

Last edited:

Penrose_11

Juniors
But Tui played with zero structure those 1st few weeks. He ran across the field more often than not and just never looked secure on the wing. SK had the option to train him up over the off season as a 6 but choose not to. For me SK is still very unproven as a head coach. He ran the water well for both Melborne and Brisbane though!!

But.... If Tui wasn't up to it then I guess he deserves not to be named in the top team week to week.

Latest posts