What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tui Lolohea

possm

Coach
Currently on the outer over at the Warriors, Lolohea is a 22 year old who can play most backline positions but prefers fullback.

How about withdrawing Dugan's offer and signing:
Packer
Lafai
Mann
Milne
Lolohea
In that order and if there is enough cap to cover. We would have a very versatile 17 with a number of players being able to fill multiple positions:

1 Lolohea - can play fullback, wing, centre, five-eighth and halfback
2 Mann - can play fullback, wing, centre, five-eighth and halfback
3 Milne - can play wing and centre
4 Lafai - can play wing and centre
5 Macdonald
6 Widdop
7 Hunt

mobels

Juniors
Don't rate Lolohea at all, he's been heavily hyped by the media but has never delivered in the first grade. He's also terrible at tackling making him a significant downgrade compared to slotting Mann or Field into fullback if Dugan leaves.

possm

Coach
Thought the Tigers were keen on him to replace Tedesco?
Yes and possibly a few other clubs as well. Puts an end to the suggestion that he is not very good and no one wants him.

I'm not even saying we should sign him however, if there is no fullback available from within, he would be a good pickup and not very expensive.

GC Dragon

Juniors
If Dugan moves on and we did go after a ball playing fullback from another club I would go after Tyrone Roberts . Watched him play 3 times this year and he has been the Titans best player . He is 24 or 25 now and playing the best footy of his career .

He has speed can ball play and has a great kicking game also a goal kicker . He wants to play either 5/8 or fullback and would be happy to move on from the Titans .

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Currently on the outer over at the Warriors, Lolohea is a 22 year old who can play most backline positions but prefers fullback.

How about withdrawing Dugan's offer and signing:
Packer
Lafai
Mann
Milne
Lolohea
In that order and if there is enough cap to cover. We would have a very versatile 17 with a number of players being able to fill multiple positions:

1 Lolohea - can play fullback, wing, centre, five-eighth and halfback
2 Mann - can play fullback, wing, centre, five-eighth and halfback
3 Milne - can play wing and centre
4 Lafai - can play wing and centre
5 Macdonald
6 Widdop
7 Hunt

No way.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
If Dugan moves on and we did go after a ball playing fullback from another club I would go after Tyrone Roberts . Watched him play 3 times this year and he has been the Titans best player . He is 24 or 25 now and playing the best footy of his career .

He has speed can ball play and has a great kicking game also a goal kicker . He wants to play either 5/8 or fullback and would be happy to move on from the Titans .

GC Dragon
Is he available.
I agree not a bad player.
Quick

Dannyboy80

Juniors
He has been given permission to speak with other clubs, and plenty are interested. To me though, he just seems like a more inconsistent Kurt Mann. If We can't keep Dugan then Mann should be given every chance to get the No 1 jersey.

Rocket Rod

Juniors
Forget Tui whatever his name is. If he's not good enough for the Warriors why would he be good for us ?
We have great talent on our books.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Early last year I would have signed Lolohea in a heart beat, but, then came the knee injury and he hasn't been the same player since (sort of reminds me of Lafai last year).

ATM I wouldn't go near him and we certainly don't need another player on our books spending 12 mths rehabilitating whilst taking a rather large sum of our cap.

Fortunately, it looks as though Lafai's troubles are behind him, I can only hope a young guy like Lolohea can do the same.

But its a no from me at this point.