What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Twenty20 ACA All Stars XI v Australian XI @ Gabba 22 November

McKay has improved out of sight in T20. Last summer he was hopeless in this form of the game always with an economy of about 10 rpo. Then he got picked in the CLT20 where he did really well with his mixing of pace anywhere between low 140s and 110 km/h.

Almost a certainty to be in the ODI squad this summer IMO.

IanG

Coach
Wonder what time they finished up at Allan Border Field today cuz Nathan Reardon, Nathan Rimmington and Lee Carsledine all played in the Tour Game against the Windies then backed up and played in tonight's Twenty20 game

eddiesmith

Juniors
Wonder what time they finished up at Allan Border Field today cuz Nathan Reardon, Nathan Rimmington and Lee Carsledine all played in the Tour Game against the Windies then backed up and played in tonight's Twenty20 game
Game finished yesterday

eddiesmith

Juniors
Amazingly they got their scheduling right this year, I do recall last year half the players I think had to rush back after the game for a shield game the following day in Melbourne which they had to start late on day 1 to accomodate them all and the tour match was still happening in another state (Although the state team that week didnt have any players worthy of playing in the ACA Match, but had a couple of token selections of their test reps who were rested from the tour game ;-))

Last edited:

Broncodr01d

Juniors
How freaking good was that! Sensational! I loved every minute of it highlighted by the first session in which Warne, McGrath and Gilly stole the show as they were miked up. Just listening to their thought processes - goose bump stuff. How good was that McGrath call when he predicted the ball moving away from Warner in which "Warney will get a catch". He was wrong though, it went to Gilly!

I couldn't help but feel a little sad as we drew to a close of the first innings. This was one of the last times I would see some of my heros in action. As I've said, we were a spoilt generation of cricketing fan. To have some of the greatest players to have played the game in one team all at one time. What a privledge it was to be able to watch their careers in their entirety.

How good was it to see the ACA players in awe of Warne and co. Especially the poor bastard bowling the last over getting advice from two of the best of all-time :lol:

Loved the game, love the concept. Congrats to Clark and the boys for getting the win.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
great game

the old boys proved they still he it, albeit only in the shorter version of the game

I couldn't believe Siddle tried to bounce Gilly, that was dumb

McGrath showed that class is permanent

IanG

Coach
Amazingly they got their scheduling right this year, I do recall last year half the players I think had to rush back after the game for a shield game the following day in Melbourne which they had to start late on day 1 to accomodate them all and the tour match was still happening in another state (Although the state team that week didnt have any players worthy of playing in the ACA Match, but had a couple of token selections of their test reps who were rested from the tour game ;-))

Yeah last season it was on a Friday Night and Day 1 of the Shield Game in Melbourne started at 1pm the following day

aussies1st

Staff member
Not bad by Aus, the All Stars bowlers let in too many runs and once Gilly and Hayden left it was always going to be tough for them.