What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two (2) Unofficial Tests: Australia A v India A in Brisbane Sept 2016

TheParraboy

Staff member
The first of 2 four day unofficial tests between these two nations starts today

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I said a while back this Swepson is a playa, as long as they dont f**k him up with T/20 shit and he starts bowling darts, he has a good action and nice flight and drift.

He's got all the toys.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Aust A in control

India A all out 230
Aust A 0/25

Hopefully Bancroft, Burns and Dean can post good scores tomorrow

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
BBL not so bad as they get well paid and he probabaly wants a slice of the action. 4 wickets in those 2 games too so he's not too shabby.

I was mainly referring to the Aussie team as they tend to bring the younger players in through the T/20 or ODI teams national teams.

TheParraboy

Staff member
problem is, if he does well in the bbl, other t20 leagues around the globe are gonna throw decent money at him.might as well play for Australia if good enough

Look at Zampa. Has come through a lot of t20 and now ODIs, and most likely should play test cricket soon, they are both similar age as well

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think Swepson is a better 4 day bowler where as Zampa is faster through the air and has less drift which suits T/20.

Time will tell if I'm right but I think he'll be a better bowler than Zampa.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Aust A need 100 to win today, 6 wickets left

Up to Bancroft to get us home

Not sure what Stoinis is doing in the side, surely we can try better prospects than him?

TheParraboy

Staff member
Next "test" starts on the 15th

Nothing new here, but a lot of the Indian A middle order average well over 50 at FC level

Im pretty sure Bancroft was pencilled in to become our next opener, so he may get a gig over the summer if Burns doesn't get going

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think Burns has too many technical issues to be our long term opener and he is a terrible player of spin.

TheParraboy

Staff member
agree

I wouldn't oppose to Seam Marsh being picked for the Indian test series over there. Has never played over there and might actually do well considering he does well in SL.

Hopefully we take 3 spinners over there as well Lyon, Zampa and SOK

TheParraboy

Staff member
we re even resting players here after one test, bancroft , Swepson and handscombe to name a few not playing

India A all out 169
Aust A 5/319 (we were 2/11)