What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Four from Eleven, Griffin is a dead man walking.

Panic might be overstating it but this is a huge disappointment for the quality of our squad.

Something needs to change ASAP because this team desperately needs a genuine winning run over several seasons.

Gus has done so much great stuff but the final stage just won't happen, very frustrating.

There's 2 things that anoy me about Griffin.

Firstly he doesn't seem to have any fire in the belly, no genuine passion. Not saying that a coach must carry on like Craig Bellamy but a team of men will respond to an arse kicking in the right circumstances.

Secondly his backline & bench selections are doing my head in. How many times must we see that Blake is shit on the wing? Why don't we have a guy on the bench with genuine utitly value? And how the hell is moylan good enough for NSW no.6 but has never once been given the chance for Penrith?!

Big Mick

Referee
There's 2 things that anoy me about Griffin.

Firstly he doesn't seem to have any fire in the belly, no genuine passion. Not saying that a coach must carry on like Craig Bellamy but a team of men will respond to an arse kicking in the right circumstances.

Secondly his backline & bench selections are doing my head in. How many times must we see that Blake is shit on the wing? Why don't we have a guy on the bench with genuine utitly value? And how the hell is moylan good enough for NSW no.6 but has never once been given the chance for Penrith?!

Because TMM is a better pure five-eight than Moylan....

And all the opportunities last year when TMM was injured? Not even once chance for Moylan?

But tbh I don't believe TMM is a better 5/8th than Moylan could be, but it still odd that Moylan hasn't ever been given a shot.

mxlegend99

Referee
Possibly... but Griffin has never played him there. He would throw Hiku at 5/8th before Moylan. He's not willing to consider it.

We arent playing finals football this year though. Nothing ever changes on the field for this club. We cant build on a good season. Theres always some excuse... but at the end of the day you can be sure a good season will be backed up with an epic fail season

betcats

Referee
Gould better swallow his pride and fire this bum if we lose next week, no f**king excuses anymore. We've beat the worst teams in the Comp, it's pathetic.

snickers007

Juniors
And how the hell is moylan good enough for NSW no.6 but has never once been given the chance for Penrith?!

He wasn't good enough to be NSW #6. He was NOT good enough at NSW #1 but TOO good to exclude. So they found a spot for him. There is a difference.

The reason why he didn't get his shot last year was because we had noone capable of playing #1 for us. Hardaker had proven he wasn't up to it. Dylan Edwards still isn't up to it. Will Smith had burnt all his chances. And there was likely some second tier salary cap pressure too.

And playing Moylan at #6 this year for Penrith is a pretty ordinary idea considering TMM has been our best player to start the season.

As for the question of the thread, no we don't panic. Considering the amount of combination changes we've seen so far this year, we've done pretty well.

We should settle on the Whare and Blake centre combo, and use Peachey off the bench. Not sure what our ideal backrow rotation is like because at the moment we have Yeo, CHN, JFH, Carty and Peach all demanding time.

But one thing is for sure, we can't be carrying a bench full of props, especially if guys like Aku, Kikau and Leota are playing less than 20mins. Maybe we go a lighter more mobile bench?

He wasn't good enough to be NSW #6. He was NOT good enough at NSW #1 but TOO good to exclude. So they found a spot for him. There is a difference.

He played NSW no. 6 and did a very competent job. End of story.

The reason why he didn't get his shot last year was because we had noone capable of playing #1 for us. Hardaker had proven he wasn't up to it. Dylan Edwards still isn't up to it. Will Smith had burnt all his chances. And there was likely some second tier salary cap pressure too.

DWZ.

mxlegend99

Referee
Dallin looks much better when he gets more involved. I thought he was our best back last night. He stopped a certain try at one point.

He certainly would have been able to cover fullback. Not with the ball playing that Moylan had. But he would offer a different skillset.

TheFrog

Coach
DWZ wasn't right for a good part of last year. He seems to be now but I don't think Hook sees him as a fullback option. Besides, what do we do with TMM if Moylan goes to 6?

It's funny this discussion has come up after a game that Moylan didn't even play.

DWZ wasn't right for a good part of last year. He seems to be now but I don't think Hook sees him as a fullback option. Besides, what do we do with TMM if Moylan goes to 6?

It's funny this discussion has come up after a game that Moylan didn't even play.
We lost because he didn't play (yes thats his own fault and dropping him was one of the rare good calls for Griffin) Moylan is the team its that simple. All of our attack is based around him and rightfully so because he's by far the best playmaker at the club

hindy111

Post Whore
If lose to Sharks hit the button.

To be fair a dodgie call against roosters and half a team lost against souths by a point.
If asked who your best players where id say fans would mention
Moylan,peachey,mansour. All missing

Jfh and cartwright are also important to the team and Blake and Hiku are quality.

Bad circumstances or its 4/6.

This team is built for 2018 on. Guys like jfh,tmm,cleary,blake,dwz,yeo.kiakau,latu.akauloa, cartwright,rcg are not finished products like your Merrins,mansours,moylans,tamous,wallace.
Most wont reach potential till about 2019-2020.

So you have 11/17 guys yet to reach potential and still manage to compete.
Id relax and enjoy the ride. Once sauce is back this team can win 10 straight.

I only raised it as a general grievance with Griffin, wasn't totally specific to last night.

If Moylan did move to 6? I'd like to see TMM give hooker a shot, his speed & defence could be a real asset there. My guess is though another club comes knocking for him to play 5/8.

So it comes down to,

Is Cleary/Moylan/Edwards

Or

Cleary/TMM/Moylan

Our best backline combo.

Pugzley

Our side was depleted yesterday because three idiots from our club were out partying instead of remaining focused. One of which included our team captain who was supposed to be setting the standard for behaviour and attitude. To come within one point of victory is no cause for panic.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
5T9afoIue5b3-3WVX0VbN6lwX7MJKM3i4cluwgG71wTyYWVPMClwaaL_e4QwBiABziRMAa5P3U6cMJeaHo7uTFPeChgRZIBenMrBjbUsxC5fZKL4uQBwLL5QJTLJmc6mp2T3yIc_IJlmjlE=w250-h250-nc

Tronald Crump

Juniors
Panic put it this way. I would prefer the boys win at least 3 or preferably 4 of their next 5 match's before the round 12 origin bye.
If we win 1 or 2 of the next 5 games. We're in the shit.

kinghippo

Juniors
The part of the team that has me set to panic is the forwards.
A lot of chatter is about Moylan and the backs but they they won't shine until we are matching other teams in the middle.
St George pulled our pants down and have shown if you play hard in the middle against us we will loose. Souths pack had us all ends up and they are nothing compared to the sharks next week.
Griffins forward rotation is just weird at the moment injuries or not. Our team has always looked best when the backrow are playing big minutes, just rotating the props to keep our go forward.

Latest posts