What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Four from Eleven, Griffin is a dead man walking.

Bob

Juniors
1.Our reserve grade is not exactly setting the world on fire, so I'm not sure Brennan is up to it.

2.Ciraldo's only claim to fame is with our 20's, and anyone (except poor Trent) can get them firing.

3.According to the rumours Gus is already involved in the coaching, and if that's true it's not working.

4.Wouldn't entertain this one. Wouldn't be much better than 5.

6.Give Jason Demetriou whatever he wants or needs. The guys been brilliant everywhere he's been.

6.Has he, check out the broncos forum, he is their attacking coach and they blame him for being shit,
2. Ciraldo...he is current 1st grade assistant so he's no
1. Brennan maybe if hook goes but it's not going to happen anytime soon

King hit

Coach
I was watching you guys play yesterday and I think he is coaching the talent out of the team. Last year Cleary was a master of last tackle plays and kicking but yesterday just getting him to run the ball instead of directing the team really hurt you guys, you could've won if you built pressure instead of just gambling and running.

mxlegend99

Referee
Cleary has an inferior roster with players who don't want to be there and has won as many games with them as Griffin has in 5 extra games.

Genius move by Gus.

hindy111

Post Whore
Right now this team looks the worse coached in the NRL.
Even Newcastle seem to have some plan which keep them in a lot of games. You have to beat them. They do not beat themselves.
Panthers just have no cohesion or game plan. Not even a simple one. I have no idea what the coach is telling the players.
There is a good team in there thou. And from what I see it is about getting the old heads together. HIKU is the local scapegoat but was one of your best. His finish for the try was great and ran for 136 mtrs.

Players who must stay in team are guys like Hiku. This CHN guy stays to. Both have energy. Ive said this before that the panthers have to many players who razzle dazzle and don't go forward. Peachey in open games is sensational. But in your tight tough grinds he offers a lot less then tough guys. Moylan has so much more skill then Tmm and Cleary. He should be given first preference where to play. If halves suit him best then move him.

Cartwright at this stage is a bench player. Not tough enough to start. And is not a 5/8. Why didn't Moylan go there and Hiku to fullback or DWZ with Peachey in centres?

I feel like a few small changes and the team will click.

Right now this team looks the worse coached in the NRL.
Even Newcastle seem to have some plan which keep them in a lot of games. You have to beat them. They do not beat themselves.
Panthers just have no cohesion or game plan. Not even a simple one. I have no idea what the coach is telling the players.
There is a good team in there thou. And from what I see it is about getting the old heads together. HIKU is the local scapegoat but was one of your best. His finish for the try was great and ran for 136 mtrs.

Players who must stay in team are guys like Hiku. This CHN guy stays to. Both have energy. Ive said this before that the panthers have to many players who razzle dazzle and don't go forward. Peachey in open games is sensational. But in your tight tough grinds he offers a lot less then tough guys. Moylan has so much more skill then Tmm and Cleary. He should be given first preference where to play. If halves suit him best then move him.

Cartwright at this stage is a bench player. Not tough enough to start. And is not a 5/8. Why didn't Moylan go there and Hiku to fullback or DWZ with Peachey in centres?

I feel like a few small changes and the team will click.

You speak a lot of sense but our coach doesn't see it.

Still many of us in here have been calling for Moylan to 5/8 for over a year, it's clear he's a half and not a fullback. My feeling is that hook dug his heels in so deep on this he can't go back on it because he'll look like an idiot.

Re Hiku he's fine in the team, it just needs to be in the right position. And he found that as a running winger. He's not a centre and he's certainly not a bench forward.

I can't see how the major selection issues change whilst Griffin is still coach.

He'll always put Cartwright at 5/8 over Moylan

He'll always stand by Tamou

He'll always select bizarre benches

He'll always overcoach the halves

I mean the man benches 3 players for disciplinary reasons but seemingly won't dump any top paid players for poor form. It doesn't make sense!

TheFrog

Coach
3.According to the rumours Gus is already involved in the coaching, and if that's true it's not working.
This is the NRL360 rumour mill at work. I wouldn't believe their rumours any further than I could throw Sam Kasiano.

Having said that if I were the coach of Penrith and I had a resource such as Phil Gould available I'd pick his brains occasionally too. It all depends whether or not Gould is forcing himself on Griffin, if you get my meaning.

Last edited:

BxTom

Bench
I still think that Gus is coaching from the manager's office. I think that Cleary was sacked for not promoting has son to NRL when Gus wanted. I also note that the news item a week or two back credited Gus with giving Nathan Cleary some tips regarding kicking bombs. Don't know how accurate the story was though - Gus was never known for his kicking game...

This is the story that I referred to;
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...m/news-story/428e0719a2faf4246ff85365679ed58c

Tom.

I still think that Gus is coaching from the manager's office. I think that Cleary was sacked for not promoting has son to NRL when Gus wanted. I also note that the news item a week or two back credited Gus with giving Nathan Cleary some tips regarding kicking bombs. Don't know how accurate the story was though - Gus was never known for his kicking game...

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...m/news-story/428e0719a2faf4246ff85365679ed58c

Tom.

One thing against that Cleary theory is that Nathan re-signed after his dad was sacked. From memory it was quite soon after too.

soc123_au

Staff member

Tom.
Gus had a decent kicking game for a forward iirc.