What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UEFA Champions League 2011/12

Eddie.

Bench

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Chelsea vs Bayern Munich final with Chelseas knocking out Barca in the Quarters

Final 8 will be

Chelsea
Munich
Man utd
Arsenal
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Porto
Lyon

I don't know if anybody picked up this prediction from page one of the thread. Good stuff!

Also picked that Chelsea would knock out Barca as well, just picked the wrong round.

Your team wasn't good enough to beat Chel$ki and make the final. Get over it you f**ken sook.

*facepalm*

My question has nothing to do with that. Honestly you can see that my question is valid. Their opponents were the better side in the 2nd round, semis and final. They used tactics of "we aren't as good at football as this side so we will stand behind the ball and defend". They fired their manager earlier in the season because they didn't know how to play his nicer brand of football. and they finished 6th in their league.

Hahaha eat shit tonearm, karma is a bitch and you just got 12inches of it with no lubrication!

Congrats chelsea, thanks for doing everyone in here a massive favour.

Doesn't change the fact the noisy neighbours are league champions :lol:

Great result. Someone put tonetard on suicide watch.

Remember Arsenal winning the CL? Me neither. I'm Kind of flattered you care about me though not that I remember you.

*facepalm*

My question has nothing to do with that. Honestly you can see that my question is valid. Their opponents were the better side in the 2nd round, semis and final. They used tactics of "we aren't as good at football as this side so we will stand behind the ball and defend". They fired their manager earlier in the season because they didn't know how to play his nicer brand of football. and they finished 6th in their league.

a win is a win is a win

Doga

Juniors
*facepalm*

Still going on about it. Jeez, get a grip.

You did aologise for your little butthut "football is dead" rant. Something tells me that the apology was not sincere.

Chelsea are champions of Europe. No room for a footnote to mention Barcelona!

Ends right there.

Eddie.

Bench
Penny your a dribbler of the highest order.

Chelsea deserve it. These players truly deserve it after 6 semi finals in 9 years.

They were no where near the best side in Europe. However they were in a couple of previous years. They were 6th best in England. But they had F...en bulldog spirit and backs to the wall fight. We are European Champions, and it's the best night in our history.

Deal with it, were on top of the world tonight.

I guess we can't have discussions here and everything is agenda based.

Chelsea fans, please take no notice, just think of it as background noise, of course you guys are stoked, and congrats. By undeserved, I'm not saying they didn't work hard, and I don't want to take away from their effort and such, just that in most of their games, they weren't the better team, but somehow won.

But to other fans, my question is a legitimate question. no agendas. Let me word it differently....

Is this the CL victory that is most like the 2005 Wests Tigers Prem?

Big Sam

First Grade
Is this the CL victory that is most like the 2005 Wests Tigers Prem?

No because the Tigers didn't make the 8 for the following 4 seasons and hadn't made it before. It was a complete aberration. Similar to Red Star or OM winning in the '90s

If anything it's like the Dragons win in 2010. A side that's been close for a number of years previously only to fall at the ultimate or penultimate hurdle.

Eddie.

Bench
Penny it's so funny you mention that. As tonight and the WT's 2005 triumph are clearly the 2 biggest sporting highlights of my life. Tonight being the most memorable.

Your right Penny Chelsea's win this season was a miricle. Nothing short of it. 99 times out of 100 theygo out after being 2-0 down at the Nou Camp. Tonight 9 times out of 10 Bayern win by two of three. It was written in the stars. All the work these guys have put, they could easily have won this competition a couple of times. It was a culmination of all that work. This is the worst Chelsea side quality wise that has entered this competition since Abramovich came on board.

Wests Tigers were 150/1 long shots. However 140-34. That was the combined for and against in the finals. They rode a massive wave of momentum and in the end won the competition easily.

You could compare the 2 by at the half way stage both sides had no hope.

Danish

Referee
Funny story about this game to lighten the mood...

I ran the SMH half marathon this morning, so had to miss the game. No probs, I thought, I'll just IQ it and watch it when I get home.

Finish the race, walking back to my car at 8am when a carload of what was about 11 Chelsea fans crammed into a commodore come snaking up William street hanging out the windows and sunroof and singing at the top of their lungs "We are the Champions".

Needless to say it spoilt the result for me :lol:

Jimbo

Immortal
Funny story about this game to lighten the mood...

I ran the SMH half marathon this morning, so had to miss the game. No probs, I thought, I'll just IQ it and watch it when I get home.

Finish the race, walking back to my car at 8am when a carload of what was about 11 Chelsea fans crammed into a commodore come snaking up William street hanging out the windows and sunroof and singing at the top of their lungs "We are the Champions".

Needless to say it spoilt the result for me :lol:

I entered the SMH half marathon about two months ago, not even thinking about the CL final. But then we beat Barca, and there was no way I could possibly miss it

Best ninety bucks I ever wasted :lol:

Latest posts