What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultrathread I: Thread of the Year - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misanthrope

Staff member
As ultra is larger (and therefore superior) to super, I am starting this thread for those who consider themselves intellectually above the common dross and human filth that posts 90% of the junk in the so-called Superthread.

Single word posts, random images without a commentary, cricket talk, and motor 'sports' talk are not allowed. That includes guys riding bikes in France.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Today, at university we discussed the whole anti/pro vaccines debate and how the new scientific evidence states that it does not equal autism. Gave some very interesting debate, considering some of the people studying medicine opposed it, due to moral (or religious) beliefs.

Bazal

Post Whore
Personally I'm not sure whether to watch the IPL or the Tour of Italy tonight..............

BunniesMan

Immortal
As ultra is larger (and therefore superior) to super, I am starting this thread for those who consider themselves intellectually above the common dross and human filth that posts 90% of the junk in the so-called Superthread.

Single word posts, random images without a commentary, cricket talk, and motor 'sports' talk are not allowed. That includes guys riding bikes in France.

You are smart. This thread is smart. I belong in this thread.

Dragon2010

First Grade
President.

Dear Dutchy, you have breached the rules of this thread. Under the clause instated by the all mighty Misanthrope, partner of MissAneThrope. It states:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
hodor_o_1723231.webp

Misanthrope

Staff member
Today, at university we discussed the whole anti/pro vaccines debate and how the new scientific evidence states that it does not equal autism. Gave some very interesting debate, considering some of the people studying medicine opposed it, due to moral (or religious) beliefs.

I never thought the 'vaccinations cause autism' debate was widely accepted in scientific circles. Did I miss that?

I feel like those who don't vaccinate their children should not be able to have children. It's tantamount to child abuse.

Personally I'm not sure whether to watch the IPL or the Tour of Italy tonight..............

I appreciate your witticism. You may stay.

You are smart. This thread is smart. I belong in this thread.

Not with contributions like that. Lift your game.

I would have preferred the ultra-mega-mega thread

I looked into it quite a bit before naming it. Generally theory seems to be that ultra > super > hyper. For the sake of brevity, I chose a single prefix.

Dear Dutchy, you have breached the rules of this thread. Under the clause instated by the all mighty Misanthrope, partner of MissAneThrope. It states:

I have banished his puerile filth to the Superthread where it belongs.

dogslife

Coach
bewbs.

dog_skateboarding-2459.jpg

Michael Clarke is a merkin. IPL is ruining cricket. T20 is gay as aids.

Is anyone other than Mercedes going to win a race this year? Also lel@Vettell you polesmoker.

alg_arcdetriomphe.jpg

Chyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaa suck it

Drew-Sta

Staff member
I completed a full vintage code arrangement at work today. It's never been done before. It will improve efficiency business wise.

My boss high fived me as a consequence.

It resulted in the following swagger on my way out the door:

Bart_Simpson_Struts

Bazal

Post Whore
So I'm watching Finding Bigfoot because it amuses me. This chain of events legit just happened.

Person reports footprint in the woods
Investigator goes to site
Footprint is about the size of a childs foot
Witness says "I was hiking through here looking for wild streams to fish and I found this"
Investigator says "Well clearly no humans ever come through here, but it's obviously Bigfoot habitat. This has to be a baby Bigfoot print."

Baz chortles.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I have a meeting tomorrow afternoon about the possibility of me extending my contract here for a third year.

Were my old boss (Titanic) still in charge of this, I'd be quietly confident. We've got a Chinese boss now, and with business not as good as it was when I started (or even this time last year) - I'm not the lock I would like to be.

Fingers crossed.

If I don't get it, I'll come home for a few months from August until Christmas and then jet off someplace more exotic.

Dragon2010

First Grade
I never thought the 'vaccinations cause autism' debate was widely accepted in scientific circles. Did I miss that?

I feel like those who don't vaccinate their children should not be able to have children. It's tantamount to child abuse.

They didn't so much oppose the autism part of it, more the "It's my child, I do what I want" or "From a religious point of view, I'm against it. Whatever will be, will be. Whatever god gives, so be it". (Note: Let's not turn this into a religious debate, it's a persons opinion, not fact or proof).

I have a meeting tomorrow afternoon about the possibility of me extending my contract here for a third year.

Were my old boss (Titanic) still in charge of this, I'd be quietly confident. We've got a Chinese boss now, and with business not as good as it was when I started (or even this time last year) - I'm not the lock I would like to be.

Fingers crossed.

If I don't get it, I'll come home for a few months from August until Christmas and then jet off someplace more exotic.

1) That's longer then I'd be spending in Australia. I'm counting down the days until I leave and working out ways I can stay abroad longer. Hence, me taking the more expensive one year contract as opposed to six months.

2) Dorm room floor. Buy a mattress! College parties, college girls, Gallatin County, Yellowstone, Flathead Lake, Glacier Park...list goes on.

soc123_au

Staff member
I am thinking about having a flog while thinking intelligent things.

And Bewbs.

Misanthrope

Staff member
1) That's longer then I'd be spending in Australia. I'm counting down the days until I leave and working out ways I can stay abroad longer. Hence, me taking the more expensive one year contract as opposed to six months.

2) Dorm room floor. Buy a mattress! College parties, college girls, Gallatin County, Yellowstone, Flathead Lake, Glacier Park...list goes on.

It's longer than I'd like too, but I need to be home in August for a wedding and I want to be home for Christmas (I've missed the last two). It doesn't make sense to fly home in August, fly back here until the end of September, and then fly back again.

Easier to just spend four months writing, helping my brother renovate his house (for cash, of course), spend time with my niece and nephew, and focus on the blog.

Hopefully it doesn't come to that, though.

----

I may take you up on that dorm offer. How long are you over there again? :sarcasm:

Dragon2010

First Grade
It's longer than I'd like too, but I need to be home in August for a wedding and I want to be home for Christmas (I've missed the last two). It doesn't make sense to fly home in August, fly back here until the end of September, and then fly back again.

Easier to just spend four months writing, helping my brother renovate his house (for cash, of course), spend time with my niece and nephew, and focus on the blog.

Hopefully it doesn't come to that, though.

----

I may take you up on that dorm offer. How long are you over there again? :sarcasm:

Funnily enough, I'm actually allowed to invite someone to spend 3-4 days in the dorm, providing, they sign a security document. That are counted as an "external non-student resident".

10 beautiful months I'm there for.

Misanthrope

Staff member
3-4 days is a relatively short amount of time to spend there after a 18 hour flight :lol:

I'll have to paratroop.

Apey

Staff member

This. So much this. Anti-vaxxers should be anti-alive.

I looked into it quite a bit before naming it. Generally theory seems to be that ultra > super > hyper. For the sake of brevity, I chose a single prefix.

Master > Ultra > Great > Poke

Dragon2010

First Grade
3-4 days is a relatively short amount of time to spend there after a 18 hour flight :lol:

I'll have to paratroop.

That's 3-4 days "legally". I'm Lebanese. We do nothing the right way. I'll keep you there for two weeks and say to Residence Life. "Wallah, cuzzy, it's been like 3 days, not 3 months, what you talking about?" :crazy:

Misanthrope

Staff member
I approve. Let's see how much money I can save post Chinese Year trip to somewhere exotic and cheap.

Thinking I'll tick off Laos and Vietnam, but their beaches are shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.