What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultrathread II: BF free since 83.

afinalsin666

First Grade
I tipped like a motherf**ker in America. Taxi drivers got the most of it, but they were really cool for the most part. The only thing that annoyed me was bartenders getting a dollar on top of every beer they poured.

Actually, i didn't tip once. I ordered pizza to the hotel room, and the delivery guy waited in the lobby with it, making me go down and get it, then started being all rude and shit. So i gave him his money took the pizza and walked away. By the look on his face, he wanted t kill me. Make an effort if you want your 10% on top then dammit.

I'm also sure i tipped where i shouldn't have as well. Waiting in line for Mick Foley's comedy show, there was a hot dog truck out front. They whipped up the nicest hotdog i've ever had in about a minute, really quickly, so i gave them like 2 bucks on top. It was change and weighing me down. They looked so shocked, like what they were doing isn't a service. I tipped at a Maccas too, just because the everything was so f**king cheap i didn't want to break a tenner. Again, they looked really shocked.

Last edited:

Red Bear

Referee
Yeah I overtipped in the states IIRC.

I don't generally actively tip here but i'll leave my change sometimes or chuck the silver from a beer in the tip jar at the pub. It's certainly not necessary, but I always thank people when they do tip at work (even if 10c) because it adds up at the end of the year, usually end up with a nice little $200 or so bonus then.

Been tipped $50 once and $100 once from big pokies victories. That was nice

Misanthrope

Staff member
I remember hitting up a bar near DC with some friends. Had some beers and pizzas, and our server was just useless. Not very personable, screwed up our order, left us unattended for ages etc.

At the end our bill came. I didn't have cash, so we collected from everybody else. I told her to pay the bill in cash and the remainder on my credit card + like $20 for the tip.

She comes back all smiles thanking us for the big tip. Turned out she'd charged the whole bill to my credit card and kept the $70-$80 for herself. No idea why she thought she'd earned that tip and I let her boss know about it.

Good times. Precious memories.

Latest posts