What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Um.. what do you call it ... thats right, THE DOGS CHOKED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Dogs tried to beat Parramatta like the Dragons tried with conservative negative tactics of playing field position and "grinding" as Gould calls it. I am proud to say the team that played a positive brand of football and showed the greatest skill level won out.

jimmythehand

Juniors
great point. the dogs did try the offload/running sideways etc thing for about 5 minutes leading up to half time. And we carved them up. And then we stopped doing it. unbelievable if you ask me.

fanool

Juniors
I agree. The dogs coservativism pretty well handed the game to Parra in the 2nd half.

I reckon their was one set of six which strayed away from 5 hit ups and a kick.

I couldn't believe it.

Coach of the year! At least the Dragons and the Titans had a couple of set pieces to chuck in that pile of rubbish.

I heard Moore on the radio. He reckon's Hayne shoulda been sent and that the doggies dominated the first 40.

In the end he just didn't have the forwards for that game plan. FFMM was running AMOK. I can't remember Roberts in the second half at all.

RedV65

Juniors
Fein u r obviously dissolusioned. who do u actually follow the roosters or rabbits.If you follow the rabbits what have they done since the've come back in the comp, nothing apart from win the wooden spoon on a few occassions. They should have not been bought back in. If you follow the roosters stick the wooden up your hairy arse you low life crap. To the bullsh*t supporters if you can't take the critisism then don't give it to other supporters you hippocritical idiots. To the Parra supporters giving St.george sh*t and praising the Bullcheats piss off.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
fmd I love nothing more than reading a St George V Bulldogs thread. Its taken me to new areas of English that I thought could not exist. Well done merkins, well done.

Goddo

Bench
Bulldogs: CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE... GET IT?

Bulldog Force

Referee
Bulldogs: CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE... GET IT?
We didn't choke out in straight sets :lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The funny part is most of the people in here aren't the ones flooding your forum about choking.

Fein & Loyal Dragon, you've been warned. Another post by either of you attacking each other and this thread goes. Do you really want to shut down the opportunity of bagging the 'Dogs for "choking"?

Goddo

Bench
Meh, Dragons were playing badly for weeks leading into the finals. They were fading rather than choking. They peaked too early. I think the game against Melbourne was the turning point. Even in the penrith win the week later, we didn't look the same team. Jamie's goal kicking was off after he banged his leg against Melbourne. The Dragons came off the rails badly after having an excellent winning run through the middle of the year.

Choking is doing everything right, everything at the club is going well only to get to the big stage and then falling over. Things weren't going well at St George for weeks out of the finals. The Bulldogs had a good run into the finals, except for obviously noddy getting hurt. You drew a weak Newcastle week one, and he was back ready for this weekend.

Fein

First Grade
The funny part is most of the people in here aren't the ones flooding your forum about choking.

Fein & Loyal Dragon, you've been warned. Another post by either of you attacking each other and this thread goes. Do you really want to shut down the opportunity of bagging the 'Dogs for "choking"?

Like I said yesterday, READ THE THREAD!!!

I've not accused the Dogs of choking at all, as I am well aware they didn't.

Timmah

Staff member
Fein, I don't give a f**k about the thread and I have no problem with your comments about the Bulldogs. What I am saying is I won't be entertaining a handbag duel between you and Dragons fans on the Bulldogs forum. You can take that little tiff elsewhere.

Timmah

Staff member
Choking is doing everything right, everything at the club is going well only to get to the big stage and then falling over. Things weren't going well at St George for weeks out of the finals. The Bulldogs had a good run into the finals, except for obviously noddy getting hurt. You drew a weak Newcastle week one, and he was back ready for this weekend.
Good run in? We lost to Parra in R20, Tigers in R26 (quite badly mind you). We played a team in red-hot form and actually managed to compete with them in the preliminary final. We weren't in "great" form going into Friday night, but we did have a good shot at it.

Choking? No. Being beaten by a better team on the day? Yes.

Fein

First Grade
Fein, I don't give a f**k about the thread and I have no problem with your comments about the Bulldogs. What I am saying is I won't be entertaining a handbag duel between you and Dragons fans on the Bulldogs forum. You can take that little tiff elsewhere.

So you can't read?

maestro1

Bench
but please remind me didnt dragons buy

draius boyd
michael weyman
neville costigan
jeremy smith
luke priddis (granted didnt play much)
nathan fien
mickey paea
matthew head

and dont forget the best coach in the league
Wayne Bennett

thats a fair amount of decent buys and dragons were favs all year almost got minor premiers and bowed out in week 2

All those guys (excepting Boyd and J Smith were on the scrap heap - Fien was a mid season buy). In February Tabsport were giving 15's for Saints to win the comp.....How does that translate to "favs all year". Most "Experts including Gus Gould had us coming 7th and 8th. These "experts" didn't think we could play well after losing Ryles, Gasnier, Josh Morris and Lagi Setu.......and to be honest they performed far better than I thought they would. What I want to know is ....all the dogs supporters keep telling us that they "really" won the Minor Premiership and whne Saints lost to the Eels it was a "choke", but somehow when the dogs lose to the Eels, it isn't a "choke".....Hypocrites.......And to all the supporters of tea,s that couldn't even make the finals....souths, sharks and roosters....ho in hell can you guys criticise the Dragons when they had a bl**dy good season and your mobs were woeful for most of the season..............Unfortunately for Saints they came up against two in-form teams in the finals and lost. that is not a choke..............With the squad the Bunnies had this year and not making the 8....now that is a choke. Cronulla - minor premiers to second last, Roosters 4th to last and the dogs round 26 against the Tigers to lose theri grip on the MP........these are chokes..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts