What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unbelievable Marketo

LINESPEED

Juniors
I cant believe that Sele Luciano Laurie could not get a run before Marketo. I was at the Newcastle game last week and watched the reserve grade , and even thou Luciano had a few quiet spells in the game he was clearly a class above the rest. In the first half he passed a nice long ball to I think Herbert after breaking a tackle to set up a try.In the second half he stepped up when we got in trouble to help win the game.Should be on the bench in first grade for sure as he is a x factor. Sele is also a lot better option then Marketo without a doubt.
Marketo needs to be let go at the end of the year.

Yeah the 'jobs for the boys' syndrome is alive and thriving!
JD must have a smile on his face.

Marketo's selection was about Mary getting his mate's son some FG time so he'd get more money on his next contract. End of story.

You could see it slowly coming as Mary moved him up the pecking order - and the fans here were on to it early.

It's nepotism and treachery of the highest order by a not-so-bright Doust acolyte.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Yeah the 'jobs for the boys' syndrome is alive and thriving!
JD must have a smile on his face.

Marketo's selection was about Mary getting his mate's son some FG time so he'd get more money on his next contract. End of story.

You could see it slowly coming as Mary moved him up the pecking order - and the fans here were on to it early.

It's nepotism and treachery of the highest order by a not-so-bright Doust acolyte.

I love a good conspiracy theory :joy:

Gareth67

First Grade
I knew Jake's old man for a while back in the 80's , he is indeed a ' chip of the ole block ' .
His son has a similar work ethic on the footy field , puts everything that he had into it . Although he is not a tall player , can't deny that his tackling is not 1st rate .

His dad , who played for Balmain , was nicknamed ' Freddy Flinstone ' for both his uncanny similarities to him , but more so for his rock hard defence .

Jake plays in a very similar style to his Dad , but unfortunately for Jake , in today's game there are some real behemoths running around and for a bloke his size the tackling must take a heavy toll on him .

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I knew Jake's old man for a while back in the 80's , he is indeed a ' chip of the ole block ' .
His son has a similar work ethic on the footy field , puts everything that he had into it . Although he is not a tall player , can't deny that his tackling is not 1st rate .

His dad , who played for Balmain , was nicknamed ' Freddy Flinstone ' for both his uncanny similarities to him , but more so for his rock hard defence .

Jake plays in a very similar style to his Dad , but unfortunately for Jake , in today's game there are some real behemoths running around and for a bloke his size the tackling must take a heavy toll on him .

Jake walked past me as I left WIN Stadium following the Manly game.

He ain't small in stature.