What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 NYC Grand Final: Parra Eels V. Manly

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Ron Massey cup wins, now into a u20’s GF.

Todd was right we really are a powerhouse.

Tooooks

Bench
Ok, so essentially no real change to the format?

I miss the days of proper reserve grade and Presidents Cup.

I've consulted the power rankings (subscribers edition) and I can assure you all that every indication points to the very high likelihood that we're gonna f**ken smash 'em.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
What's replacing NYC next year?

our great administrators haven't made a decision yet, that I am aware of

I cant believe they are so unorganised, how can clubs plan a team and recruit, retain, re-sign team players at such short notice

there has to be something between U/18s and State Cup

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
our great administrators haven't made a decision yet, that I am aware of

I cant believe they are so unorganised, how can clubs plan a team and recruit, retain, re-sign team players at such short notice

there has to be something between U/18s and State Cup
There will be. The point about recruitment and so on is that the players cubs care about in that age group (potential NRL players) are already covered under the 2018 salary cap. The players they don't care about (the rest of the NYC squad who were never any chance of playing first grade) are now no longer the responsibility of NRL clubs. If they're not on an NRL contract or a rookie contract they are somebody else's problem. The state cup clubs will sign the best of them and the rest can go back to park footy and get on with their lives.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2017/09/26/team_list_eels_v_sea.html

The Parramatta Eels NYC side to take on the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles in the 2017 Holden Cup Grand Final at ANZ Stadium on Sunday 1 October has been named by NYC Head Coach Luke Burt.

Burt has named the same seventeen players that came away with a clinical 28-6 victory over the Penrith Panthers last week, with Dean Matterson and Denzal Tonise co-captaining the side.

The Holden Cup clash is the first game of three at ANZ Stadium, kicking off at 1:35pm, before the 2017 State Championship at 3:40pm and the 2017 NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final between the Melbourne Storm and North Queensland Cowboys kicking off at 7:15pm.

Parramatta Eels NYC side

1. Anthony Layoun

2. Greg Leleisiuao

3. Dane Aukafolau

4. Noel Aukafolau

5. John Fonua

6. Dean Matterson (c)

7. Dylan Brown

8. Sean Keppie

9. Denzal Tonise (c)

10. Oregon Kaufusi

11. Dylan Clifford

12. Salesi Faingaa

13. Ray Stone

Interchange

14. Reed Mahoney

15. Mitch Butfield

16. Frank Salu

17. Dom Murphy

18. Tangi Hokai

19. Emosi Alamoti

20. Tuimavave Afualo

21. Nick Okladnikov

22. Kamren Cryer

23. Austin Dias

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
It's good that we can keep the same 17 on the field for that GF that we had in the prelims, and those 17 players 100% deserve to play again, but I would love to see Tui come into the 17 somewhere. Having someone of his size and ability playing would be immense.

Gronk

Staff member
12. Salesi Faingaa

Is our Faingaa merkin related to the Wallaby Faingaa twins ?

image.scale.thumbnail.200.300.jpg

Wales+v+Australia+IRB+RWC+2011+Bronze+Final+MaVjHIo_1_Gx.jpg

hindy111

Post Whore
It's good that we can keep the same 17 on the field for that GF that we had in the prelims, and those 17 players 100% deserve to play again, but I would love to see Tui come into the 17 somewhere. Having someone of his size and ability playing would be immense.

He has been named on the extended bench for that last 3 weeks. Is he fit?