What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unpopular opinion on aaron woods

OldPanther

Coach
Watching the origin a few times I've noticed he is good at attracting defenders. I never saw him with less than 3 defenders in a tackle which slows him down a little in the play the ball but provides space for the edges and tires the opposition forwards.Woods also has a nice offload. He's not my favourite but I don't think he's as bad as people seem to make him out to be.

thorson1987

Coach
Watching the origin a few times I've noticed he is good at attracting defenders. I never saw him with less than 3 defenders in a tackle which slows him down a little in the play the ball but provides space for the edges and tires the opposition forwards.Woods also has a nice offload. He's not my favourite but I don't think he's as bad as people seem to make him out to be.

If he ran the ball harder instead or dawdling up to the line and looking to pass before he gets there he would be much better imo.

Seems like a tough prick to drag down.

Pundapat

Juniors
You're not wrong at all but I think everyone agrees that there are clearly a number of props that are playing incredibly better & consistently at club level that do everything Woods does plus more. That's my major gripe about him anyway.

King hit

Coach
Some people just seem deluded, Woods is a good player that always makes 15-20 runs a game and makes plenty of tackles. With the ball he has the ability to suck defenders in and pop an offload. I've always liked him and he played well last Wednesday.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I thought he did a good job for NSW, he's only there because of his experience as there a clearly a few props that are in better form and could do that job. In saying that, he still did his job well and I guess that's all that matters.

OzDragon

Coach
Did about 50 thousand offloads today, but that's hardly a unique skill. Still think the dogs overpaid.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
He's a puppet.

I watched him today come in to a tackle already in effect, and wrap up his own teammate.

And not willing to drive forward in attack..

Even the commentators at around the 65th minute said "I can't recall Aaron Woods playing the ball"

Vic Mackey

Referee
Woods certainly isn't a bad player. He just isn't that good that he should be the first prop picked for nsw and Australia like he has been for the past 3 years.

He makes some great runs and can have a nice offload (although half the time they go to no one and the tigers lose 10m). However his defence is scratchy and he has the aggression of a neutered mouse.

Vozzy

Juniors
He makes meters slowly. He is definitely our best go forward player the tigers have but at the same time I don't think he is a forward the opposition will shit themselves when running at you like a Fifita, papalii, gallon, Scott, Boyd, Paulo, etc. Doesnt put on big hits most of his tackles are flops or second man in. Suaso Sue to me has more impact his runs are at 100 miles per hour but his game time is limited where woods can play 60 min sue plays 30-40.

adamkungl

Immortal
Very good post contact and hard to bring down but just hits with no venom. Different kind of player, but definitely has room for improvement

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Different kind of player, but definitely has room for improvement
similar to this house..
rundown-house-ts.jpg

McLovin

Staff member
Lol he's a powder puff with no aggression. A character of the game due to his long hair and EB Games style beard. His only decent quality is his bizarre ability to attract 3 defenders every time he plods it up... if Matt Prior grew long hair and a shit beard he'd have 15 origins under his belt by now.