What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upcoming Sharks Book

Clinton M

Juniors
Hi everyone,

Since appearing on the Sharkcast Pod I've had stacks of people ask me about my upcoming book on the Sharks.

Good news is I've received the first shipment of copies today. It will be ready for sale in about a week once I've sorted out some admin issues.

The book is a paperback, 372 pages and is light on with photos (there are a lot of rights issues involved). It doesn't seek to replicate Gary Lester's brilliant hardcover book Colour Me Black, White and Blue. It also doesn't seek to reveal startling new information about the club or attract wider media headlines.

This was a project I was passionate about doing as I believed something so important to Sharks fans like us, needed to be documented in print. Hopefully fans will enjoy reading it.

I'll post details on how you can get hold of it in about a week.

Cheers

Clinton

Attachments

• IMG_5211.JPG
    IMG_5211.JPG
    768.8 KB · Views: 28

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Hi everyone,

Since appearing on the Sharkcast Pod I've had stacks of people ask me about my upcoming book on the Sharks.

Good news is I've received the first shipment of copies today. It will be ready for sale in about a week once I've sorted out some admin issues.

The book is a paperback, 372 pages and is light on with photos (there are a lot of rights issues involved). It doesn't seek to replicate Gary Lester's brilliant hardcover book Colour Me Black, White and Blue. It also doesn't seek to reveal startling new information about the club or attract wider media headlines.

This was a project I was passionate about doing as I believed something so important to Sharks fans like us, needed to be documented in print. Hopefully fans will enjoy reading it.

I'll post details on how you can get hold of it in about a week.

Cheers

Clinton
Cheers Clinton.....would love to get a copy by the end of the month for my sisters b'day......certified Sharks tragic!

taipan

Referee
Wondering what to ask (She who should be obeyed) for my birthday circa May.You Sir have solved the problem, one I no doubt will enthuse over.
Not a skier, skis out
No a weightlifter:Barbells out.
Not a recreational fisherman:Nets out
Not a politician:Sex out.
Shark tragic? You betcha.

Clinton M

Juniors
What is the likely retail price Clint

That's part of what is going to be determined in the next week. This is self published so I'm simply aiming to get my money back, no one makes much money from books these days. It will be affordable but I need to cover my basic costs (however not the time I've put into it).

Will let everyone know next week.

fizman

Bench
These are your pricing options.

We won the comp in 2016 - so you can use the following formulas.

$2+$0+$1+$6 = $9
$20+$16 = $36
$2016 = $2016
$20.16 = $20.16

Please make sure that when you add GST it doesn't equal 1973,1978 or 1997.

Hope this helps.

carcharias

Immortal
Good one
Can’t wait

If you have second run I have a few pics from the dark Assada days
The March to survive
Bring back flano game
The grand final day after at the ground

All taken with my good Nikon camera.
Most were posted in here .

It would be great if the book was available at Shark Park merch shop and the club in time for the first home game.

taipan

Referee
As you have gone to all the time consuming trouble and research mate,you deserve more than just a break even or small profit.

Maccas4177

Juniors
Good stuff - looking forward to picking up a copy.
Lets just say each book cost you $10. The club should buy the whole lot for $15 and sell for $17-20. Win win

These are your pricing options.

We won the comp in 2016 - so you can use the following formulas.

$2+$0+$1+$6 = $9
$20+$16 = $36
$2016 = $2016
$20.16 = $20.16

Please make sure that when you add GST it doesn't equal 1973,1978 or 1997.

Hope this helps.
You forgot $14.12