What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update Right Game, Right Ground

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Yes and my son Danny who went to school with is Blues jumper on, copped a hiding from is mates and everyone else at school last Wednesday. On his return home from school he said, "Dad I'm never going to do that again, at the end of the day I ran out of things to say and just thumped this boy in the mouth because he was in my face all day. Got into trouble and received my first waning ever and so I don't want to go through that again".

During the SOO game, he was so excited and loud. After the game I asked him if he wanted the day off to get over his problems and he repied; "no way but can you give me a note saying my uniform is not washed and so I had to wear my Blues jumper again".

Today he is already dressed in his Dragons jumper and it is 7:30am. We will watch the game on Fox together.

Tomorrow he will play in under 10s against Redcliffe and wants me to wear my Blues jumper to the game, hmmm!

Love it Possm
Even harder to live with the enemy.
Good on you for flying the flags.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Yes and my son Danny who went to school with is Blues jumper on, copped a hiding from is mates and everyone else at school last Wednesday. On his return home from school he said, "Dad I'm never going to do that again, at the end of the day I ran out of things to say and just thumped this boy in the mouth because he was in my face all day. Got into trouble and received my first waning ever and so I don't want to go through that again".

During the SOO game, he was so excited and loud. After the game I asked him if he wanted the day off to get over his problems and he repied; "no way but can you give me a note saying my uniform is not washed and so I had to wear my Blues jumper again".

Today he is already dressed in his Dragons jumper and it is 7:30am. We will watch the game on Fox together.

Tomorrow he will play in under 10s against Redcliffe and wants me to wear my Blues jumper to the game, hmmm!

Sadly, everything seems to lead to violence nowadays but you should be extremely proud of your son, not just because he follows the Dragons but most importantly, he stuck with his beliefs and pushed thru the rejection and abuse from others.
As l said, you should be very proud of him but l don't need to tell you that but you can tell him we're proud of him as well.

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
They must keep the Anzac Day match at SFS and Souths at SCG.
Piss Homebush off.
CC

CC, I have made a resolution after yesterday's game at Homebush never to go there again. Even though I live in the Gong I have no complaint about the travel there although that is in part due to me having spare time in retirement. But without paying big money I just can't get a decent view of the game at the Olympic Stadium. The spectators are mostly so much further from the game. I remember paying around $80 to get a seat at the 2005 GF. I was so high up in the stand that I could not clearly distinguish the players' numbers.

Yesterday my eyes spent as much time watching the big screen as the playing field. However that didn't help with Dugan's non-try - had no idea what the replay back down the field was showing about JDB. Similarly didn't observe Thommo's tripping offence. It was only watching the highlights package back at home that I saw what had happened.

Finally with a crowd of just under 13,000 there was just so little atmosphere. That sized crowd will provide plenty of atmosphere at WIN or Kogarah.

The truth is I enjoyed the Illawarra game at WIN Friday night so much more than the NRL match yesterday because of being able to easily observe all the action even without a big screen in operation.

Mr Doust, please go with CC and ditch Homebush!!

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
With you Dragonsteve2, I will not travel to ANZ for NRL or anything else.Talk about a big white elephant.

Time for 8 games each at Win and Kogarah plus some games at Alliance.

ALSGI

Bench
Almost went yesterday, got to picking my seats online, and reminded myself what a shit view and atmosphere it was last time.
I wont go to the effort or pay for the pleasure of watching the big screen at the stadium when I can do that at home.
The local pub would have had a better atmosphere imo.

RedVee

First Grade
When is the rectangular refurb at Homebush?

While ever they pay us money I think we will be there

BringTheNoise

Juniors
Homebush would have to be one of the worst stadiums in the world. I'm certain it was designed purely to fit a lot of people whilst also looking aesthetic from the air.

Unless it is completely full it is impossible to generate any sort of atmosphere as the acoustics of the stadium don't allow any noise from the crowd to travel. You could be sitting within 100m of the most vocal Dragon Army of all time and you would still struggle to hear anything. 20,000 people at Homebush looks and sounds like 200 people at Kogarah.

On top of all that the logistics of getting to and from the stadium, as well as getting in and out are a f***ing nightmare. Anyone who has ever attended a festival or concert there via train would know exactly what I mean.

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
16,000 - 18,000 at both Kogarah or WIN feels like 100,000 at ANZ.

Doust why not go for the CEO job of ANZ.

Brian Johnston - take on the Dragons CEO role and return the Dragons to our Roots!

possm

Coach
16,000 - 18,000 at both Kogarah or WIN feels like 100,000 at ANZ.

Doust why not go for the CEO job of ANZ.

Brian Johnston - take on the Dragons CEO role and return the Dragons to our Roots!
No more jobs for the boys no matter who it is.
Sign the WIN TV deal and then clean the place out. All board and management positions declared vacant at end of season.

denis preston

First Grade
as am I born in Kogarah hospital a long long long time ago. its not were you live its were your heart is.
So was i . I live in Bulldogs territory ( a lot of couples from the district couldn't afford the house prices in the area so progressed to west of Salt pan Creek in the 80's ) but the Dragons have been one of my passions and great fun.

Reactions: jak

jak

Bench
So was i . I live in Bulldogs territory ( a lot of couples from the district couldn't afford the house prices in the area so progressed to west of Salt pan Creek in the 80's ) but the Dragons have been one of my passions and great fun.
Retired now up on the central coast away from the big smoke and no I don't miss it a bit grew up in Beverly hills. I met denis preston a coulple of times good player nice bloke.

Last edited:

Morotti

Juniors
I thought the main reason they went to Allianz was:
1. Money
2. Many dragons fans through the years have grown up in the Kogarah area and had to move West. So the understanding is that there is a large group of supporters over there.

Realistically if we can sort out our money situation then I would expect us to end the ANZ experiment except perhaps for finals games which would be the NRL's call.

One thing I would say for the suburban grounds is that getting a beer or some food is near impossible. They really need to fix that so that they can serve people and we can earn more revenue on those game days.

I understand they don't want to sell cans of beer but really that would solve a lot of problems at the line.

Is it possible to get a financial report on the football club? Be interested to see how bad it is and whether we can fix it.

No doubt a return to finals football which seems likely this year will be of assistance for the club.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
I thought the main reason they went to Allianz was:
1. Money
2. Many dragons fans through the years have grown up in the Kogarah area and had to move West. So the understanding is that there is a large group of supporters over there.

Realistically if we can sort out our money situation then I would expect us to end the ANZ experiment except perhaps for finals games which would be the NRL's call.

One thing I would say for the suburban grounds is that getting a beer or some food is near impossible. They really need to fix that so that they can serve people and we can earn more revenue on those game days.

I understand they don't want to sell cans of beer but really that would solve a lot of problems at the line.

Is it possible to get a financial report on the football club? Be interested to see how bad it is and whether we can fix it.

No doubt a return to finals football which seems likely this year will be of assistance for the club.

Cross out reason #2. Fans were never a consideration. Reason #1 is the be all and end all.

Agree with your points about getting a beer in the suburban grounds though, have spent plenty of time standing in line waiting.

St Georgio

Juniors
Since this is an important issue regarding home ground, and I hope I don't offend any touchy people out there, the suburban grounds are a must, that ground at Homebush is the worst ground to watch a rugby league match, I will not pay to watch a game with my hard earned money.

Old Timer

Coach
Retired now up on the central coast away from the big smoke and no I don't miss it a bit grew up in Beverly hills. I met denis preston a coulple of times good player nice bloke.
Great place Beverly Hills
A couple of beers at the pub and dinner at Maharaja's in the old days or a quick Chinese at the Bamboo Inn (not the gardens) and the hamburger shop north east side of the railway line on K G Road all were fantastic.
Many a game of kelly pool in the snooker room upstairs opposite the railway line.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
A couple of beers at the pub and dinner at Maharaja's in the old days or a quick Chinese at the Bamboo Inn (not the gardens) and the hamburger shop north east side of the railway line on K G Road all were fantastic.
Many a game of kelly pool in the snooker room upstairs opposite the railway line.

Well ot
The bamboo inn hasn't change just name only

jak

Bench
Well ot
The bamboo inn hasn't change just name only
first pub I illegally went into the benalong I think went in with a mate on a dare to find my dear old dad at the bar. ah good times
First pub I ever went into illegally the benalong I think went in on a dare as you do at that age

Last edited:

Latest posts