US Presidential election 2016, pt 2. The quadrennial comedy show.

Discussion in 'Four Corners' started by sensesmaybenumbed, May 20, 2016.

1. Pete Cash

Pete Cash Immortal

I dont know ? Perhaps you do ?

But "rough rides" were a common accusation of police brutality over the years.

All but one person in this article is black

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...d-gray-rough-rides-20150423-story.html#page=1

You passed the buck on police brutality because they were scared of the mean old black man and just had to shoot them. I guess black people handcuffed in custody for the crime of public urination are such threats that a car trip can turn them into a quadriplegic?

Should the black community not be mad about this ?

2. Smack

Smack Bench

BLM should protest other blacks as they are the ones killing themselves in record numbers.

3. Canard

Canard Coach

I would only have to assume that it does as you have posted about it constantly.

And for the record, it does piss me off, that the Yank President is trying to stop people protesting an issue they ironically isn't related to him or his policies.

4. Canard

Canard Coach

Unlike your fake persona, must reasonable humans think that the Police should be held to a higher standard then criminals though

5. Pete Cash

Pete Cash Immortal

The murder rate is less than the 80s is it not ?

Preliminary report for 2017 has a slight decrease in murders and violent crimes for 2017

https://www.brennancenter.org/publication/crime-2017-preliminary-analysis

Violent crimes and murder in particular is prone to a lot of statistical noise because murder is so uncommon. Like in 2015 in orange county florida there was 89 murders. In 2016 from one incident alone (the pulse nightclub shooting) there was 49 so there was a gigantic increase in murder from 2015 to 2016

While 2015 and 2016 were bad years relative to the years before them compared to decades before hand its still relatively low. Just using raw numbers is pointless because the population increases

6. Danish

Danish Referee

You're the one telling the story, chuckles.

If you want to introduce something perhaps you should know if it is actually a statistically significant event in favour of your point

The community in general should be mad about a person becoming a quadriplegic at the hands of police. I don't really see how its relevant that he is black.

Segregating everything on racial lines and stirring up emotive garbage that is not backed by facts doesn't help anyone. Least of all black kids who are essentially being raised on an unhealthy diet of being told that police are the enemy and the world is rigged against them

7. Danish

Danish Referee

So 6000 murders is too rare for assess statistically..... but 48 total unarmed people shot by police is more than enough to determine that 17 of them being black is a massive problem and clearly racist whitey shooting uppity blacks?

Smack likes this.
  8. Pete Cash

Pete Cash Immortal

Where would they have got that idea ?

There has been a very obvious and visible bullshit aimed at the black community over the years from the judicial system.

The way crack cocaine was dealt with in sentencing devastated the black community with extremely harsh minimum sentences.

Yet cocaine in powder form (the exact same drug) attracted significantly lighter sentences

These types of things don't go unrecognised by black people.

I said that murders are prone to statistical noise due to rarity. Not that it cannot be assessed statistically. It just has to be looked at over a broad period of time to try and limit the noise.

A few spikes here and there will happen. If it trends up over a long period of time that would mean something.

Mr Spock! likes this.
  9. Firey_Dragon

Firey_Dragon Coach

I don't get why people are so passionate about it. Sure, disagree with it.

I'm not surprised there is a backlash, I'm surprised that people support the removal of freedom of protest and speech because of it. As I said though, if you're not pissing people off with protests, you aren't doing it right. It has proven to be an incredibly effective method of getting the message across. Rosa Parks probably wasn't protesting the transit authority.

I don't see why athletes are held to some unwavering regard for the anthem, whilst fans in the stadium wait in bar lines and go to the bathroom while the anthem is playing. It reeks of hypocrisy. The reality is, many people are using the anthem as an excuse and leverage because they don't like the protests in the first place.

If you don't support the vocalization of criticism of your country, you must think your country is perfect, which no country is. Dictating how one must act during the anthem is how the most authoritarian dictatorships act, not free societies. People are willingly supporting heading down the path of North Korea, which I find mind boggling.

Perhaps the reasons BLM exist and gained traction, is probably a larger cause for the current friction. Not sure how it's relevant to Obama or even Bush for that matter. Trump has decided to pour gasoline on it but even he isn't relevant either.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    Mr Spock!, Shorty and 2_Smoking_Guns like this.
  10. Canard

Canard Coach

It's crazy that the Trump supporters who main campaign issues were "drain the swamp" anti-Authority slogans are now suddenly pro-Authority.

Trump getting involved in the one issue not blamed on him suggests some high level narcissism

Mr Spock! likes this.
  11. bazza

bazza Coach

I don't understand why black people that don't like shooting other people don't simply move out of the neighbourhoods where other black people are shooting at them and move to one of those nice safe neighbourhoods where the white people live

Mr Spock! likes this.
  12. bazza

bazza Coach

I have been told that mass shooting like that one only make up a tiny percentage of total murders

13. B-dos

B-dos Referee

i dont understand why police dont just politely ask the demographic that frequently shoots at them to please calmly surrender and just cross their fingers they'll go home to their families

Smack likes this.
  14. Canard

Canard Coach

Yep. And they should also get higher paying jobs

15. Canard

Canard Coach

Yes. Innocent people deserve death purely because of race

Shorty and Pantherjim. like this.
  16. Smack

Smack Bench

Pete you are dismissing the large number of black on black crime here.

And Crack Cocaine is more addictive, therefore there are harsher penalties. One of the largest contributors problems in the black communities from the 80's.

17. Smack

Smack Bench

It's like going on a Comedian's national tour and hearing the joke over and over again.

18. Canard

Canard Coach

Fake ethnicity, fake response.

19. Pantherjim.

Pantherjim. Coach

That's true.

When they stop women for Random Breath Testing, they should also ask them if they can follow them home for a bit of slap and tickle before doing so without their permission and then molesting them on their doorstep.

Mr Spock! likes this.
  20. Smack

Smack Bench

Fake news