US Presidential election 2016, pt 2. The quadrennial comedy show.

Discussion in 'Four Corners' started by sensesmaybenumbed, May 20, 2016.

1. 2_Smoking_Guns

2_Smoking_Guns First Grade

this.....

2. 2_Smoking_Guns

2_Smoking_Guns First Grade

do you happen to have any statistics on which ones had the executioners escape any charges?

3. some11

some11 Coach

But America is perfect.

Stupid black people should know their place /s

Canard, Mr Spock! and Firey_Dragon like this.
  4. Shorty

Shorty Moderator Staff Member

The Trump administration is as close to a western civilisation dictatorship as we've seen in a long time.

5. B-dos

B-dos Referee

i think yours is a rather extreme view canard. and highly racist

6. Danish

Danish Referee

Rosa Parks - directly standing up to segregation laws by refusing to sit in the segregated area of the bus.

Colin Kap and friends - multi-millionaires protesting police shootings by taking a traditionally disrespectful stance during the national anthem.

Definitely in the same league

Could have something to do with the athletes being paid employees, while the fans are paying customers?

People can protest all they want in their free time. They are at the whim of their employers while on company time though.

I've also yet to see a statistical analysis of police shootings that points towards a pattern of racism, so fundamentally I don't agree with the point they are trying to make which seems to be based purely on emotion and feelings

What reason do you give to BLM gaining traction? I'd say its largely down to the growing internet social media influence allowing one off stories to be turned into trends, and misinformation to spread like wildfire and fire up the masses.

I mention Obama because race relations peaked before his 2nd term started. They then went rapidly downhill, long before Trump was on the scene flapping his dumb mouth about

7. Danish

Danish Referee

I wonder, how much violent robbery and home invasions are committed by whitey lawyers and bankers after hitting the bags compared to by crackheads?

I then wonder how that affects the way police and courts handle the 2 drugs?

Sure. And police shootings of unarmed people are exceptionally rare. So trying to identify trends is pretty difficult.

8. Canard

Canard Coach

What a comedian you are.

This is real racism.

9. Canard

Canard Coach

Might is right in your world view isn't it.

10. Firey_Dragon

Firey_Dragon Coach

I'm not going to bother addressing the rest of your post and going around in circles on this. We'll agree to disagree but regardless of whether these are just rich football players or not, they are far more visible and capable of protesting these issues than your average black male. This is the direct result of people who were innocent and being killed, while the cops got off free. This isn't an easy issue, there are massive problems on both sides. Many black people are criminals, many aren't. Many black people fear for their lives when interacting with cops and cops are on edge because of that too.

Not all cops are bad and not all black people are gangbangers but one can't deny there is a problem when you have kids or people not carrying weapons or running from cops just getting shot as a first reaction. There is a bias, warranted or not and that plays a huge part in how people interact with each other.

But obviously, let's focus on a couple of arrogant, rich, thankless black fellas kneeling for the anthem, it's a far bigger issue. Ignore the systemic poverty, massive differential in educational outcomes and incarceration rates, it's not as important.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017 at 3:17 PM
    bazza, Mr Spock! and Shorty like this.
  11. SBD82

SBD82 Bench

They don't go unrecognized by black people. One of the main reasons being that this myth is reinforced regularly in discussion of these issues.

A more appropriate comparison would be the way meth is treated by the judicial system in the states, which is very similar to crack, despite the vast majority of users being white. This suggests that the sentences imposed are not about the user demographics, rather because of the similarities between meth and crack with respect to availability, affordability, addictiveness and subsequent associated crime.

Jimbo likes this.
  12. B-dos

B-dos Referee

huh?

how so?

13. B-dos

B-dos Referee

good post SBD

pete, any chance you can start citing comparable examples like this rather than your 'they are all racist becuase crack v cocaine' gig ?

14. Danish

Danish Referee

I’m not sure an employer being able to expect a certain amount of control over their employees behaviour while representing their company’s interests falls under “might is right”, perhaps you can explain?

15. Firey_Dragon

Firey_Dragon Coach

And on a different topic...

[​IMG]

16. Canard

Canard Coach

This broken record impeachment stuff only strengthen's Trumps supporter base and is used as a tool by the crazy right.

17. Firey_Dragon

Firey_Dragon Coach

Absolutely... I'm more concerned that if there is even a whiff of truth to what is said there, which is entirely plausible, that the dangers of nuclear war are becoming more and more real.

He is increasingly saying more and more absolutely insane things and throwing diplomacy out the window. It's insane to imply that republicans are terrified of nuclear war, but they want tax policy to go through before they do anything about it. There certainly does appear to be an escalation in rhetoric from within the republican party over the last few weeks, the enemies start stacking up when you start criticizing everyone I guess.

18. Canard

Canard Coach

Yep. However, It seems par for the course(pun not intended) that all successful leaders are hated by their own party

19. Mr Spock!

Mr Spock! First Grade

Fmd the black on black crime thing is really a continuation of the racist meme. Blacks are violent because they're black ...and we protect da white women......

The simple fact is it isn't just black on black crime....it's poor on poor.

Of course no one wants to know why poor people commit most crime....or why most of those poor are black.

20. Smack

Smack Bench

It's called reality.

uhm..

ok cuck

Yeah nah it's black on black crime, have a look at the numbers.

There are poor people who don't commit crime, maybe they should follow their example?

[​IMG]