What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US Professional Rugby League Coming Soon!!

druzik

Juniors
I emailed through the NRLUS for sponsorship details. I wanted to know their rates as I wanted to promote a company but I could only afford a 5 figure total.

My reply was very interesting, I got extra details back

"We are in search of an exclusive apparel sponsor for the league at 6 figures including TV broadcast inventory (NBC Universal for regular season and NBC Sports for Grand Final July 4th following Wimbledon)."

The interesting part is about NBC.

:shock:

Poul

Juniors
I can explain how drafts work. .........................................................................

Do you think that there will be just the 176 players selected for the final draft in November, or is it more likely that the number will be in excess of this? I guess it would be tough being chosen to participate in the draft, and then miss out on selection altogether, but it would make it interesting for fans, especially if the draft selection is incorporated in the proposed reality/documentary television program, which I'd guess the televising network would look at promoting in order to get as many initial viewers as possible. The rumours if true about NBC sound very positive :crazy:

Almost 4000 votes cast in the poll (www.nrlus.com)
Keep them votes coming :D

Big Picture

Juniors
Do you think that there will be just the 176 players selected for the final draft in November, or is it more likely that the number will be in excess of this? I guess it would be tough being chosen to participate in the draft, and then miss out on selection altogether, but it would make it interesting for fans, especially if the draft selection is incorporated in the proposed reality/documentary television program, which I'd guess the televising network would look at promoting in order to get as many initial viewers as possible. The rumours if true about NBC sound very positive :crazy:

Almost 4000 votes cast in the poll (www.nrlus.com)
Keep them votes coming :D
It's quite possible they'll have more than 22 rounds, since they'd likely want guys competing for roster spots and winning them based on what they can show the team. I don't think they've announced the dates the teams would have to name their rosters by yet.

winnyason

Juniors
this is big news, they surely have to have big backers invovled speculation of donald trump, rusty crowe big aussie hollywood celebrites eg hugh jackman massive league fan.

maybe nfl backing of some sort, but whatever the case big stuff, i really have to ask the crowds where will they come from?

Big Picture

Juniors
this is big news, they surely have to have big backers invovled speculation of donald trump, rusty crowe big aussie hollywood celebrites eg hugh jackman massive league fan.

maybe nfl backing of some sort, but whatever the case big stuff, i really have to ask the crowds where will they come from?
The obvious target audience is the millions of American football fans, who'll probably love the game if and when they check it out. The day after the first Australia Day game in Jacksonville the Times-Union had a big report on it with the headline "It's a crowd-pleaser."

Phila.delph.ia

Juniors
AMNRL - 2009 Philadelphia Fight Status:

- New Pitch: 3k natural grass stadium
- Players: 20+ USA citizens, 1 Aussie Green Card Holder and 2 Aussie imports
- New Dance Team: 11 girl squad
- New Canterbury Kit: http://www.fightrugby.com/n.php?n=190
- New Personal Trainer: Jerome at Daily Grind Fitness dailygrindfitness.com/
- New Sponsors:
Title Sponsor

Pabst Blue Ribbon www.pabst.com
Platinum Level Sponsor

Stifel Nicolaus www.stifel.com
Conshohocken Health and Fitness Club www.chfclub.com
Gold Level Sponsor

Kildare’s Pub www.kildarespub.com
Fiore and Barber LLC Attorneys at Law www.fiorebarber.com
Silver Level Sponsors

4x3, LLC Web Development www.4x3.net
the official Web developer of the Philadelphia Fight
Pepsi www.pepsi.com
Herrs www.herrs.com

We are currently looking into selling merchandise through the site. Inquiries can be sent to me at bradkielinski@fightrugby.com

HHH

Juniors
jad in the telegraph that the comp will no longer go ahead because of lack of sponsors. any word from the states if this is true?

taipan

Referee
jad in the telegraph that the comp will no longer go ahead because of lack of sponsors. any word from the states if this is true?

Read the same thing in the Tele: Becc and Buzz.Hope this is not another one of those false dawns, we have received in the past from the U.S.
If this is correct and i hope the hell it is wrong,I would have thought sponsors are the first thing you would have lined up.No financial backing ,no tourno,no players.
The no e-mail updates is getting me nervously suspicious.:oops:

taipan

Referee
Was it in the Bec and Buzz section?

Yep page 54"Heading Stars and Gripes"
Plans for a rl comp to kick off in the US have fallen through because of the lack of sponsors>it has crushed the hopes of about 50 fringe NRL players who were asking their mgrs to seek out opportunities".
Geez i hope it is only a delay.

100%green

Juniors
I try not to read their stuff. It's not the most reliable source of info.

There was a bit on the NY Knights website about a info or registration day at the Australian pub in NY on the 29th May. That would be a good place to find out some info on the USNRL.

taipan

Referee
I try not to read their stuff. It's not the most reliable source of info.

There was a bit on the NY Knights website about a info or registration day at the Australian pub in NY on the 29th May. That would be a good place to find out some info on the USNRL.

Agree ,if I bet my house on their accuracy at times,I would be living in a cave.I would love to give them a blast once the comp gets up and running.
Maybe I expect too much, too soon

RedVee

First Grade
I was speaking to the Aunty of a fringe NRL player today. She volunteered the info that his manager was talking to the NRL in the US about going over. Evidently he is keen as he thinks he is likely to be stuck in the Qld Cup for a while. This guy would be early 20's, played prob a dozen NRL games over the last 2 or 3 years. I won't name him in case it causes him some difficulties.

Stiff07nz

Juniors
we are all waiting to hear what is happening. there have been rule changes made and to be experimented with in this years AMNRL comp in regards to the pro league for next year. not much info has come out yet. so for many of us here playing in the AMNRL its just a matter of concentrating on this years comp and having fingers crossed. (im a kiwi not an american by the way lol)

joshreading

Staff member
we are all waiting to hear what is happening. there have been rule changes made and to be experimented with in this years AMNRL comp in regards to the pro league for next year

What sort of rule changes? I have always thought 1/4's would be nearly inevitable.