What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US Professional Rugby League Coming Soon!!

roopy

Referee
i think the AMNRL have had unlimited interchange and as many players on the bench as show up, so that would have to change this year you would think.

Stiff07nz

Juniors
yea 4 quarters, kicking team kicks off from there own 40m line (like american football), hookers only allowed to contest the ball, and the halfback must feed it straight into the middle of scrum. i think there is another rule for th scrums but im not quite sure what it is.

an still allwed ulimited interchange and as many players on hte bench as you want, but not in semis ad final.

Stiff07nz

Juniors
my only problem is if you have a strong team and a weak team then its gonna suck for the weak team. if the strong side scores then belts the crap outta the weak team. the strong team is gonna have better field psotion which to mount an attact. i think its only being trialled in certain matches

deluded pom?

Coach
my only problem is if you have a strong team and a weak team then its gonna suck for the weak team. if the strong side scores then belts the crap outta the weak team. the strong team is gonna have better field psotion which to mount an attact. i think its only being trialled in certain matches

Any player who plays for the Tomahawks and is used to the new rules will find himself at a disadvantage if they use a neutral ref. If they don't the the opposition wll be disadvantaged. We could actually have three different variations of rugby league in the USA, G.B. and Australia/New Zealand. :?

winnyason

Juniors
To me it seems the player managers in australia are getting impatient, what a surprise these are the guys who have leaked info to the telegraph which at this stage is running the rumour.
My way of thinking and that all it is, is getting sponsors on the west coast where league is played in no form except a couple of games in phoenix a few years ago. There is no doubt new york, philly, jacksonville, hartford, washington can get support, but the nrlus are relying on the good will of the hotbed of rugby union in america san fran and la in particular to help prop up teams this is why there is some delay.

DINGb@T

Juniors
Actually that's probably a much better explanation. Managers will probably want this thing sorted, done and dusted as early as possible or they'll have to actually put some more work in and find their clients other gigs.

I'd also put the start of the AMNRL in as one of the reasons there's a delay. The people involved with the new comp still have to run the AMNRL season so things would have slowed down while everything got settled in. Once the season is under way there might be more time for explaining what's going on with the new comp.

Latest posts