What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USA v Canada Denver Test scrapped - Flight costs not covered

Burns

First Grade
The proposed curtain raiser to the ENG v NZ match, a test between USA v Canada has reportedly been called off according to League Weekly. Jason Moore (the promoter) has allegedly stated that the cost of flights for USA/CAN players will not be covered.

Note: I cannot link to a direct story due to paywall, so do encourage people to seek out a more detailed source. Another RL forum has stated the above does appear in the article.

Overall, this is pretty disappointing, and perhaps slightly concerning on the financial clout of Moore?

Coastbloke

Bench
My freaking heart just stopped. All I saw was Denver Test scrapped..!! Wouldn't have been surprised though.. :expressionless:

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Can former Canadian RL boss and Wolfpack CEO Eric Perez put in a quick call to Air Transat and stitch up a quick sponsorship deal for the match to sort this out? It can't be that hard to solve. 50 odd economy tickets, most of which would be domestic flights.

Robert B

Juniors
I hope this has not going anything to do with Poor ticket sales or no broadcaster interest.

StadiumXIII

Juniors
That's a shame and casts doubt over whether the 2025 World Cup will leave the legacy it should for rugby league… concerning.