USARL 2018

Discussion in 'North American Rugby League' started by East Coast Tiger, May 3, 2018.

1. Stallion

Stallion Bench

A designated funding source should be available for the development of the code. Wondering if rugby league will ever help itself. We know noone else will!

2. Deeecoreturns

Deeecoreturns Juniors

I think the governing bodies are pretty broke as well haha certainly over here they are anyway. Not sure about you aussie lot

3. Stallion

Stallion Bench

In Australia they seem to be frittering away funds at the expense of growth and development. They are making money but through tv deals and are not using it wisely. Would love to see each top flight club devote an area in North America to fund as a lead up gesture to the 2025 world cup! That would be proactive. Things like obtaining playing fields, training gear, fundraising ideas and tangible links through association would benefit the code I'd suggest.

Last edited: May 5, 2018
  4. Deeecoreturns

Deeecoreturns Juniors

That would be fantastic and it could even be designated into certain things only so some one couldn't do a runner with the money. One thing I had thought myself would it could be MASSIVE if one of the federations put in a budget to contribute to paying and developing officials. It would be peanuts to any governing body but honestly would be huge for us. As they would be contributing direct no unscrupulous clubs could do off with the money either. Honestly officials are probably up there at the top of things we need to sort out and a bit of rfl funding would be huge

5. deal.with.it

deal.with.it Juniors

Yep I said this a few years back. Pay the funds to hire a FT GM in the usa with the mandate to grow sponsorship/revenue/donations to then hire additional officials and personnel.
    An annual grant of $50k from the RLIF would make a huge difference with direct KPIs of revenue making to facilitate the growth of the governing body.

Coastbloke likes this.
  6. deal.with.it

deal.with.it Juniors

How much are shares going for at copperheads?

7. Stallion

Stallion Bench

I would include player growth /participation and logistic support numbers/assets in the KPIS as a priority. Funding commensurate with these figures.

deal.with.it likes this.
  8. Deeecoreturns

Deeecoreturns Juniors

250 bucks for 2% last I heard. Bit of a silly valuation imho

9. deal.with.it

deal.with.it Juniors

I’d be interested in investing in a club. Was looking at an offer in RFL League 1, but maybe USARL is a good idea.

10. deluded pom?

deluded pom? First Grade

Which L1 club were you looking at if you don’t mind me asking?

11. Rugger

Rugger Juniors

Investment and USARL should not be in the same sentence. What are you looking for, for/as a return?

There are only 3 teams that sell tickets to their games (Jax, Tampa, & Philly); which is not a big income stream. Other than that, income is only from sponsors, donors, & the pockets of the team owners/players. That being said, there is no profit to be had. So realistically the only return on an "investment" you would see anytime soon is the good feeling of helping develop the sport/a team in the US; and maybe some gear.

12. Stallion

Stallion Bench

To my way of thinking progressive development of the code is the profit.

13. Hellray

Hellray Juniors

Can someone confirm that all teams from the North conference is returning?

14. clarency

clarency Juniors

I think donation is the word we should all be using here...

15. Deeecoreturns

Deeecoreturns Juniors

You're absolutely right largely but it's not COMPLETELY true. Up to now I'm 4k down in 3 years but this year we will be turning a profit and as a club we're going into real estate this summer. That's where the money is imho I have zero doubt that long term we'll make some serious cash out of this venture. It's about running it right, as certain clubs have discovered along the way

RedVee and deluded pom? like this.
  16. deal.with.it

deal.with.it Juniors

I’m not looking to make money.
    I would like to invest some cash and expertise to help grow a club.
    What do i get in return? A good feeling.
    I’d rather any profits go back into growing the club than into my pockets.

RedVee and deluded pom? like this.
  17. deal.with.it

deal.with.it Juniors

It was one of the expansion clubs that have now folded, hence why the deal didn’t go through.

If anyone knows of any other opportunities, let me know.

18. deluded pom?

deluded pom? First Grade

I'm amazed that you'll be turning a profit. Will the real estate be purely housing? is there any chance of owning your own pitch/es?

19. Deeecoreturns

Deeecoreturns Juniors

As discussed above, pretty much no chance. We did look at it but land in Tampa isn't cheap as it's surrounded by water on most sides (or at least the city is). We could move out of town if we wanted to buy something but again, is it worth the hassle for eight games a year when our location now is city centre and have been really good to us.

Purely housing for the short term. In Tampa there's plenty of 40% yields knocking about if they're tenanted year round, I had to double, triple, quadruple check in case i'm missing something obvious as it can't be that easy to make money.

Can't guarantee a profit yet, you never know what will come out of the woodwork in this game, something usually does but it's looking very very good for this year. Some of the stuff that comes from nowhere is insane. We had to pay about a hundred dollars to stick health and safety signs in my mates kitchen as the registered business address, utterly stupid stuff like that

deluded pom? likes this.
  20. deal.with.it

deal.with.it Juniors

Why buy property with the club and not as an individual? Are there tax benefits?