USARL scores 'n' stuff 2017

Discussion in 'North American Rugby League' started by East Coast Tiger, Jun 4, 2017.

1. East Coast Tiger

East Coast Tiger Coach

Boston 92-0 Rhode Island
    White Plains 50-4 Delaware
    Atlanta 58-20 Central Florida

2. East Coast Tiger

East Coast Tiger Coach

Jacksonville 18-20 Tampa
    Philadelphia 34-46 NOVA

Definitely a shift in the comp this year.

3. Deeecoreturns

Deeecoreturns Juniors

There definitely seems to be. In reality we were dire in victory today; absolutely shocking first half and although some good character shown in the second to take the game a vast improvement is needed. Jacksonville looked as bad as I've seen them tbh in the three years I've been involved

4. deluded pom?

deluded pom? First Grade

Do Jax still get a decent attendance?

5. deluded pom?

deluded pom? First Grade

Looks like White Plains are the team to beat in the North with Boston battling to avoid the spoon although RIR look favourites for that honour.

6. Deeecoreturns

Deeecoreturns Juniors

Their crowds have really come down it would appear. Haven't seen anything official but my sources on the ground tell me there was 125-150 there yesterday. Thing is they aren't playing in the stadium anymore which will put a few off but compared to what it was costing it's a necessity. Still probably the best supported club in the usarl and the bench mark for the rest of us

7. Rugger

Rugger Juniors

Knights 58-6 Kings

8. Sjrugby

Sjrugby Juniors

I would like to see attendance numbers for games through out the season.

9. deluded pom?

deluded pom? First Grade

What would that achieve?

10. Deeecoreturns

Deeecoreturns Juniors

Our first attendance was 70. Ours have actually decreased since 2015 but last year was an absolute shocker. After 2016 I'm happy with 70 haha should improve as the season goes on

11. Rugger

Rugger Juniors

In the North, a handful to no actual crowds (outside of friends and family of players); less than 50 people. I believe Philly draws the biggest crowd in the North. The South as stated above have greater attendance to their games, but nothing spectacular.

12. Deeecoreturns

Deeecoreturns Juniors

tbf didn't look many in the pictures posted the other day. Wouldn't like to guess but if it got anywhere near 100 i'd be astonished. Fans are important but it isn't the be all and end all. One of our main focus' but we won't live or die based on crowd numbers.

13. East Coast Tiger

East Coast Tiger Coach

Now there's forfeits going on.

Wasn't the USARL taking over to prevent these things? Things really seem to be going backwards in many cases. Certainly not going forwards despite it being a World Cup year and the first season after being handed the 2025 WC.

14. deluded pom?

deluded pom? First Grade

Disappointing to see the 2015 Premiers forfeiting matches, unless there are exceptional circumstances.

15. Deeecoreturns

Deeecoreturns Juniors

That's a sad day indeed. I understood losing the two clubs this year, but any club committing to the season should ensure they complete their fixtures. Sad day indeed

16. Golden point

Golden point Juniors

The USARL seemed to be in far better shape before they were put in charge of the international team...could it be a strain on a domestic competitions resources? Is this why the AMNRL struggled ? Maybe teams that are awarded a spotin the world Cup should be given an allowance to fund a separate committee to organize the national team? Are other nations struggling to cope domestically in the run up to the world Cup? I hope these possible issue have already been addressed?

17. Deeecoreturns

Deeecoreturns Juniors

It's honestly nothing to do with that. Expectations have risen. Certain teams have risen the bar and others have struggled to go with them. The usarl itself is no different to this time four years ago, just the bar of competency has risen. I believe those in charge are doing what they can, it's a case of lack of man power, lack of funding. You can't utilise what you don't have.

Secondly look how many games the usa has played in recent seasons, look how many domestic players are being given an opportunity in these games. These fixtures cost a serious amount of money to run. The bill for north v south which we ran last October cost nearly ten grand

18. East Coast Tiger

East Coast Tiger Coach

Jacksonville 36 Atlanta 40
    Tampa 42 Central Florida 10
    Delaware 88 Rhode Island 10

19. East Coast Tiger

East Coast Tiger Coach

New York 26 White Plains 22

That makes New York clear top in the north

20. LESStar58

LESStar58 Referee

I'll be in Atlanta in September. The season won't be on but I'm tentatively scheduled to have a catch up with the current Rhinos and Hawks captain.

Why should Steve Mascord have all the fun?